It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why BP is readying a 'super weapon' to avert escalating Gulf nightmare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

blacklistednews.com

In a desperate attempt to stop a huge area of the Gulf ocean floor from possibly rupturing due to subterranean methane gas (leading to a calamity no human has ever seen) BP has ripped a page from science fiction books.

The giant oil company is now quietly preparing to test a small nuclear device in a frenzied rush against time to quell a cascading catastrophe. If successful they will have the capability to detonate a controlled fusion generated pulse.

While the world watches BP’s attempt to contain the oil gusher at the former Deepwater Horizon site, company officials have given the gr
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This device apparently can fuse any material in nanoseconds and generates temperatures hotter than the sun.The nuclear option may be closer than we think, and more feasible.This work is being readied at CFB Suffield in southern Alberta.The article says that a private (para) military company (still feels weird to write that - "private military company") has cordoned off the base. Full lock down? I'm still on the fence about the use of nukes in an already super-stressed ecosystem but if it can be done on as small a scale as suggested maybe it really is a tenable option...and necessary.
STH

blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

mods, I managed to put this in the wrong place I think. Please move it as you see fit, thanks.
STH

[edit on 14-7-2010 by stopthathurts]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm not expert but I call horsepucks on this story. I don't believe it for a second. I don't believe any sort of 'nuke it' approach has even a remote chance of 'fusing' the well shut and an almost certain chance of worsening the situation. We're being told there is a huge methane bubble there and we're expected to believe that the seismic shock of a nuclear detonation wouldn't have dire consequences? Or possibly further facture the already unstable seafloor? Nope, not buying this.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
"fusion generated pulse" screams false flag to me, considering the only nuclear tech we are currently capable of is fission not fusion (splitting atoms apart, opposed to combining them into larger atoms)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I believe that they have lowered a detonation device already 3 weeks ago or so.

The device is made from one core cilinder that is held in place by 4 other metal cilinders. on the ends are round metal containers. I don't know what is inside. It looked nuclear but I am no physicist.

It was on one of the cam feeds.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlasherOfVeils
"fusion generated pulse" screams false flag to me, considering the only nuclear tech we are currently capable of is fission not fusion (splitting atoms apart, opposed to combining them into larger atoms)

Well sorry you are wrong here, fusion does occur in thermonuclear bombs (H bombs as they used to be called), also there are experimental fusion generators see Tokamac - they currently do not actually produce more power than they require to run (although I may be wrong there) but they do exist, really it's not practical yet because the materials technology is not available to contain the massive energies created.

But we have been able to harness fusion so far as bombs since the 1950's... In fact almost all nuclear weapons now use a fission bomb just as the trigger for the fusion reaction - it's cleaner, the yield is better, they are easier to configure into missiles, warheads etc.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Please add your comments to the prexisting thread on this topic:

Thank you

Thread closed.

top topics

join