It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun takes its own prints and pictues...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Gun that takes its own prints and pictures...

www.scotlandonsunday.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Heh! Sell a bunch of them to Iraq...With no instructions & no preprogrammed ID's...

...Or how about selling them guns that, when the trigger is pulled, turns the bullet in the chamber 180 degrees & shoots the user?...

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
...Or how about selling them guns that, when the trigger is pulled, turns the bullet in the chamber 180 degrees & shoots the user?... Posted by MidnightDStroyer

Kinda reminds me of a story about WWII... A gentleman was given a medal by the US Army because he invented a type of tracer bullet. It was the brightest, most reliably igniting tracer bullet yet invented, and perfectly replicated the ballistic trajectory of the standard military issue cartridge.

This gentleman had just 6 months earlier sold the patent for this tracer to the Japanese army, who immediately put it into full production to feed thier war machine.

Why was this man being awarded by the US Army for giving such a useful war weapon to the enemy?

Because it was learned during development that the tracer only had a 6 month shelf life, over which it degraded, and would spontaneously detonate.... created a hell of a mess when they went off inside fully stocked armories of the Japanese army....

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer...Or how about selling them guns that, when the trigger is pulled, turns the bullet in the chamber 180 degrees & shoots the user?...

This is not really an original idea...I saw it in one of those old Dean Martin movies where he played the part of Matt Helm, Secret Agent...
How many here are old enough to remember *those* movies?...

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
1) Van Zyl�s �Intelligent Firearm� (IFA) uses a biometric sensor encoded with the thumbprint of its owner which prevents it being fired by anyone else.

2) As an additional safeguard, the firearm also contains a tiny camera which takes a photograph every time it is fired. And an electronic chip in the gun will contain a range of personal information about its registered owner.

3) In addition, the gun can only be fired when it is within close range of a special smart card issued to the owner.

1) Ok. And what if the system fail to recognize his owner ? Electronic, you know....

2) Good, good....Big Brother everywhere, even in our guns.

3) Great, like that, a "smart" guy ( CIA/NSA/Big Brother ???? ) will find a way to jam the signal and the gun will not function anymore.
I know how to jam your alarm-car signal, so, I can do it with your gun too.

You find a great link, and my post is not against you Dragonrider, but against the SA African bizz man.

new topics

top topics

join