It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporate Psychopaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Corporate Psychopaths

www.newsbuster.com

The concept of “corporate psychopaths” is an emerging realization and has been described by Dr. Robert Hare who is a world-renowned psychiatrist and professor at the University of British Columbia. The 2008 Australian documentary, I, Psychopath, points out that the vast majority of psychopaths are not crazed axe murderers: “Most of them function incognito in high-powered professions, all the way to the very top.” These are people who have no conscience. They are described as being manipulative,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is probably the most realistic view of the movers and shakers that I've ever read. This, in my opinion, is exactly what is going on here. We have people in places of absolute power, who lust for nothing less; and will do anything and everything to obtain it. A psychopath has no sense of remorse or empathy for their fellow man, animal, or even their own backyard. The world begs for something or someone to do everything for them, and that's exactly what this type of person preys upon.

If I had to guess, I'd say we really do need a miracle, which would have to be some outer source of help greater than ourselves... be it aliens, god, or who or whatever could be above us in the food-chain.

If we really are alone in this battle, than I'd say we need to man-up and get smart or kiss our collective ass good-bye.

In other words... we're the grass and they're the lawn-mower.

www.newsbuster.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This has been true for ages.

You cannot run a gigantic, faceless, soulless, corporate machine without being a psychopathic loser. That is why they behave so oddly when confronted with their criminal actions. They simply do not have the ability to empathize with other people and feel no remorse or guilt when they hurt and kill others.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
As long as bankers, corporations, and governments exist, there will be psychopaths to rule over the people.

A resource-based economy founded in civil anarchy sprouting millions of micro-communities is the only path I foresee to true freedom.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Great article. The Corporation remains one of my favorite documentaries.

The reality is the corporate leader is required by law to make a return on shareholder investments. This is like handing a gun over to serial killer and telling him to cap whoever he wants.

Freedom without boundaries (morality and ethics) will almost never end well.

The 'leaders' of year 1920+ corporations are the worst of humanity. Selling out another human being for a dollar will never be justified.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Law? Don't you mean corporate ethics?

Please post a reference to this law you speak of.

I think this is a conspiracy myth, but am open to be proven wrong.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Interesting....I wonder if the power twists people or does power attract the people that are already psycho? I am guessing a lot of the time, it is the "psycho's" that are able to ascend the corporate latter because of their lack of empathy. The psychologist's at the Nuremberg trials stated that in their experience, a true sign of evil was absence of empathy.
Here's a vid on the subject of corporate:

For those that have never watched The Corporation, it is a must see, imo, very well done and the extra's are just as important as the main body, and yes, by definition as shown in detail in this doc, Corporations and/or their officers can be psychopathic.
www.hulu.com...

Peace

[edit on 14-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ive discussed this with a friend of mine a while back and here are some conclusions we've come up with.

IF TPTB know something about our evolution/possible reincarnation, then they see us as a continuing species (we don't really die), so they treat us as a reusable collateral.

If thats the case, then their more dangerous then we could ever imagine. If we think that they have no problem killing most of us off, without a hitch, why would that be? Who would be the new slave?

Unless we are just copies of copies, and their a xerox machine. When you think of the people that would have this type of information (secret papers, or secret info), are usually the ones that commit the most heinous crimes against humanity.

When we think that TPTB believe in evil, praise it, live it, and practice it, it makes me wonder about what their NOT telling us. I don't know maybe my coffee just kicked in, but its something to think about.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The "Law" and "Morality or ethics" are EXTERNALITIES to corporations; they are engineered out of the culture to allow for exactly what we see in our world every day.

Psychopaths, in this context, thrive best in such environments where they are 'God's gift to mankind' and worthy of celebrity worship.

Hence the blank stares and mental gymnastics they perform when questioned on matters of humane conduct and social responsibility.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I guess this would belong in the conspiracy theory column, which is what drives me insane.

The ruling class of the world is a bunch of wolves and the vast majority of the population are the sheep, to put it vaguely. It's sad this is considered a "theory", which is the circle repeating itself. But discussing it like that makes people sound crazy. When we can prove them to be who they are and show it to the world then we might accomplish something.

More than anything I just feel like nobody listens and nobody cares, at least on ATS I can vent for free and it might not fall on deaf ears.

I guess I just feel like there's a small chance we might be able to increase awareness somehow, but then I might just become a bleeding heart poet.

Same old story, same old song and dance..
Nothing to see here, just move along...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ImYourHuckleberry

there's a small chance we might be able to increase awareness somehow

Done! Any exposure is good exposure too!
And the word "conspiracy" doesn't necessarily mean unproven, but you know this, and so do many of our members.
Thanks again for the post.
Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Take a look at this review:

Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go To Work

Interesting discussion along the same ideas as this article you've posted.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

IF TPTB know something about our evolution/possible reincarnation, then they see us as a continuing species (we don't really die), so they treat us as a reusable collateral.

If thats the case, then their more dangerous then we could ever imagine. If we think that they have no problem killing most of us off, without a hitch, why would that be? Who would be the new slave?

Unless we are just copies of copies, and their a xerox machine. When you think of the people that would have this type of information (secret papers, or secret info), are usually the ones that commit the most heinous crimes against humanity.

Peace to you...

I think you're onto something here. However, I think that more realistically there are just so many people that live in mental and moral laziness and they grow exponentially. Think about how many people are raised in mental slavery and how many of their offspring and their offspring's offspring continue the trend.

The majority of the people I know don't think twice about anything or before doing anything. The whole world as they see it is expendable, disposable, pre-packaged, name-your-poison fun. They don't stop to realize that they work so hard for nothing compared to how much the elite rakes in for doing abosolutely nothing but telling us what to do. The world grows exponentially and so do they; while those in control keep some pretty tight lips about their stuff. They create the jobs and we just fill the position. Every now and again revolution becomes inherent until it is silenced by the powers.
Now I'm just postulating, but one of the ways they might do that against such a grand scale of population (such as ours today) would be to create their disaster to cover up the reasons for marshall law and try to round up dissenters like us. This may have been going on forever, maybe this really is just part of the grander scale of trial and rebirth until civilization can learn to think for itself. If that's the case then earth really is a slave planet and people like us just don't belong here. If there really are good aliens I hope they get me, because I don't see mankind ever being able to come together as a whole, unless somehow all the stupid people and psychopaths die and WE become the majority. Or simply get good people in positions of power to combat the bad ones, but that would be an oxymoron because it would somehow break the chain of stupidity which has proven so strong time and time again. The blind and weak will do what they're told by their masters. WE have the age-old dilemma of trying to raise awareness shouting on the corner with nobody listening.
The only thing to combat the psycopaths is common-sense and reason, which is systematically ignored as a symptom of this pandemic of lazy-mindedness sweeping the globe.
They've been around for a long time obviously, so who's to say they didn't orchestrate the building of the pyramids with human slaves? Who started the idea of slavery? Where have all these civilizations gone that have "disappeared" without a trace? Why aren't we told the true history about anything and left to figure it out on our own? Perhaps they have been building and tearing down societies forever, while we just go about our merry business.

I obviously don't know for sure, but it seems that's why they have secret societies... to weed out the most evil ones to be proven and made into their positions of power and control so they know each other won't snitch.

The dots are staring us in the face, it's just up to us to connect them. As more and more people catch on we might be able to change something, and hopefully they get foiled on their way to creating doom, but I doubt it and will do my best to prepare for the worst.

You can't save everybody, but if you're smart you might get some high ground and save yourself

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Take a look at this review:

Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go To Work

Interesting discussion along the same ideas as this article you've posted.

I actually think that one sums it up a bit better, or maybe that's just becuase there's more discussion on it. I guess corporate psychopathology is nothing new and I'm just now getting onto that bandwagon
~ Or maybe I've known it all along and just couldn't get it off the tip of my tongue.

Whatever the case may be, it just makes me wonder if we can ever be able to tell enough people, or if TPTB will get what they want and isolate US into involuntary submission.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Bizarrely enough I was thinking exactly the same thing the other day. I was trying to figure out how TPTB could rationalise killing en masse, and I came up with all sorts of mad ideas that sort of made sense.

That one stuck tho...

What if it somehow doesn't 'morally' matter if we die in some manufactured event, because our life on earth was just a stage in a process? ie we reincarnate, or continue to have experience of some sort of reality.

If dying isn't the bad thing we're all programmed to believe it is, then it'd sort of be alright for them to kill people? Clearly wrong, but the rationalisation might work if you were a mental psychopath, someone like that article so eloquently describes.

The world's mad. The psycho's care about the power and control more than the rest of us, so they ultimately end up with the most of it.

from the article...
They perceive themselves as superior beings in a hostile, dog-eat-dog world in which others are competitors for power and resources.

Exactly.

s&f.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think the only way to beat somebody in a game of power is to play them at their own game, by their rules, and get the same drive and passion for power that they have. They are very correct as to the fact that it IS a dog-eat-dog world out there, and we should ALL fight for our stake if we value it even one bit. That's not to say the power should be abused or taken lightly, it just needs to be controlled by sane-minded individuals. If enough people caught on to this, there are several steps we could take to work within the system and change people's thoughts without the use of force.

new topics

top topics

join