It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Alert Obama administration calls for electronic records

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have to say this.

I work for a medical malpractice law firm. Most of the time the cases we get are errors that could have been prevented had the doctors had all the medical records. You see a lot of patients end up seeing more than one doctor however this doesn't automatically mean that doctor A. and doctor B. are going to have each others medical records. In many cases Dr. A. has no idea what Dr. B. did or what his thoughts and diagnosis was. Dr. B. is forced to rely on the word of the patient (who is not a medical professional) just to figure out what past treatments where and even then it's hard to judge. This makes it hard for any doctor to do their job. In cases where it is just a visit this is no big deal because a doctor can just send off for them.

What about cases of emergency though? In these cases the doctor is literally flying blind with no rudder.

If this opens up an open line of communication between doctors then it is a good idea.

So I guess you could call it a double edged sword.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Your points are valid. But there is truly no escape from any of it.

Someone ALWAYS makes money off of someone else. That is how this world works.

People are corrupt.

Yes, The government are people.

I am people.

And you are right, It is my choice.
That is the beauty. It is still a choice. And when it isn't...will it instantly kill millions?

Will my children suffer at the hands of this? Doubt it.
It may even save their lives.

Naive, maybe. But it doesn't feel very "doom and gloom" to store medical histories on a CDB or anything like that.

But practically anything can be twisted to have a doom and gloom scenario. And We are still "FREE" enough to discuss and debate it here. Beautiful.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You health will be rated like a credit score for everything you will do.

This makes too much sense to me. What better way for the NWO to be the great eugenecists they aspire to be than to rate people on their DNA, weight, Body/mass index, health habits, etc.

After the 2012 social engineering and PSYOP with the super flu (and other things) people will be sufficiently conditioned to accept the Verichip implant that detects the presence of their flu (just call your Iphone and get the reading sent to it, so convenient!)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
News Flash: Providers are already facing Medicare cuts. So much so many have opted not to renew into Medicare after their current contracts.

Just another way to streamline the process for the new Head of Medicare to justify who lives and who is sent packing.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Doctors have had the choice and have been rejecting or choosing not to take Medicare/Medicaid patients for DECADES now. This too is no recent development. But again, glad to see that this administration has been a catalyst to some awakening.

I agree with the poster who said it's a double-edged sword. Having complete and accurate medical records saves lives and can simplify your life and the jobs of those in the medical industry. In some cases it even cuts costs dramatically.

As to to comment about credit scores...exactly as well. In fact, don't be shocked if those databases aren't already linked and your health factors don't start weighing more heavily on matters financial as well as insurance via one system.

[edit on 7/14/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
well im not really trying blame it on obama I just saw this article and thought it was important/interesting topic to discuss. And ya there is big ups and downs on either side of the argument. In my opinion it comes down to whether or not you trust the government, I do not. I believe that for a long time, but speeding up in the last few years our united states government has been quietly replaced by the elites puppets. So when I read articles like this I get suspicious because I can see potentially that these corporations could use this to take advantage of the average citizen. Through these bills people are relying more on the medical industry that takes advantage of us to begin with, they are creating an easier way to prophet off of the people, and ultimately you can't deny could use the information against you. Some people might want this but as for me I am not gonna let them scare me into trusting their healthcare. these guys have got a real serious god complex

Those who would trade in their freedom For their protection deserve neither-talib kweli

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by damastadamind

I know...it wasn't your headline. The papers need to sell papers and they know the trigger points. “ No offense intended. This discussion has to continue to make sure we benefit and are protected.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Say good bye to the "generation" of homo sapiens and say hello to the new generation of transhumans.

And you're still wondering about the jump from Neandethals!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think in general it's an OK idea. Certain things will be much better.

If you get run over by a car, and don't have all your prescriptions written down, they may give you some medicine that clashes by accident if they can't get your records. Or they may give something like Penicillin to someone who's allergic.

The big concern for me, is if the records go "online". This was proposed for the UK system, and I can just imagine the fun some malicious hackers, like the bad minority in groups like Anon would have with this. Those guys had enough fun messing with Epileptics trying to cause them seizures, imagine if they could hack peoples medical records? I think it would happen, there is a percentage of people who are just that sick that they would try and cause deaths this way by removing important notes like allergies.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

Having the records electronic and having the government managing the data via private entities will make the government able to tag individuals, groups and entire areas and mandated health care will be given depending of the needs, big pharma way to promote drugs.

Then this plays well into the hands of the microchips companies that wants a data base already in place and working to handle better the way they will be introducing their new lines of medical technology that will target patients.

All this is there in front of our own eyes and still many can not manage to connect the dots

Microchips are already approved by the FDA for human use and seen as safe.

Electronic Medical Records: the pros and cons

An electronic health record (EHR) or electronic medical record (EMR) is nothing but a medical record of a patient in digital form. The digital information is usually stored in a database and is accessible from everywhere via a network. A patient’s medical information is normally recorded on paper written in a patient’s record at every doctor’s office the patient has visited or in the medical chart hanging at the foot of a patient’s hospital bed. EMRs contain mainstream data normally found on a patient’s medical records, e.g. blood type, blood tests, inoculations, and X-ray films. Recently, the integration of patient-specific genomic information has also been proposed.

Simple enough, but what people doesn't get is how microchip companies like Verichip are already expanding the benefits of having electronic medical records

VeriChip, developed by VeriChip Corporation is the first one of its kind ever approved by the US FDA. It is an implantable RFID microchip, not only for pets, but also for humans. The 16-digit code in the VeriChip, which can be read by a chip reader, can be used to access online databases, including EMRs.

VeriChip offers the following benefits:
• It enables rapid identification of at-risk patients and access to their medical history, thereby enabling rapid diagnosis and treatment especially in emergency situations. Classic examples are people with diabetes and/or heart problems who have high risk of collapsing and having attacks. However, VeriChip is also useful in vehicular accidents and other trauma incidents where the victims aren’t capable of answering questions.
• In cases of large-scale catastrophes, VeriChip facilitates tracking and identification of victims. According to a coroner in Mississippi, VeriChip helped identify victims during the Hurricane Katrina incident.
• VeriChip also facilitates “infant protection” and “wandering prevention” of children and those suffering from dementia and other neurodegenerative disorders.

The profits that this companies are to make if they can get their littler chips into people are big.

healthworldnet.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, it's a good idea with bad intentions. Electronic records would be very helpful in a non-tyrannical leadership. I don't much mind the Erecords but the future implications are quite sobering. Last winter I started reading the Obamacare plan (was bedridden from surgery and was bored
). Disturbingly enough, it was covertly implemented in 2004 (Real ID Act (2004) - Verichip (2004) - FDA/CFR RFID guidelines (2004)).

National Medical Device Registry from H.R. 3200 [Healthcare Bill], pages 1001-1008:

(g)(1) The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that— ‘‘(A) is or has been used in or on a patient; ‘‘(B)and is— ‘‘(i) a class III device; or ‘‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable, life-supporting, or life-sustaining."

There has been alot of discussion that class 2 devices are just prosthesis, metal plates, pain med pumps, and surgical tools BUT the manual did not include this trinket:

www.fda.gov...

1. Background
This guidance document was developed as a special control guidance to support the classification of the implantable radiofrequency transponder system for patient identification and health information into class II (special controls). The device is intended to enable access to secure patient identification and corresponding health information in humans. This guidance is issued in conjunction with a Federal Register notice announcing the classification of implantable radiofrequency transponder system for patient identification and health information.
2. Scope
The scope of this document is limited to the following device as described in 21 CFR 880.6300 ( Code of Federal Regulation)
Implantable Radiofrequency Transponder System for Patient Identification and Health Information (product code: NRV):

When are they going to initiate this 'national registry' system? In both bills it states that it should already be in progress within 36 months of the signing of the bill. So by March 23rd 2013, it will be in full swing.
There's some disturbing stuff in HR 3200 and HR 3296. Although the search moniker 'RFID' is nowhere in the bill, but here's a search record I DID do:
I decided to run a few searches through the entire 1990 page document for key phrases, and this is what it turned up:

'Homeland Security' is mentioned 11 times.
'Tax' is mentioned 214 times.
'Internal Revenue' is mentioned 52 times
'Treasury' is mentioned 76 times
'Trust Fund' is mentioned 61 times.
'Medical Device Registry' is mentioned 4 times
'Immunization' is mentioned 8 times
'Penalty' is mentioned 113 times.
'Surveillance' is mentioned 8 times
'Social Security Act' is mentioned 387 times
'Amended' is written 768 times
'Public Health Service Act' is mentioned 68 times
'Secretary of Labor' is mentioned 20 times

Kind of an odd healthcare bill, wouldn't you say?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

What they 'forgot' to mention is that they have been microchipping animals for years (mostly dogs). Veterinarians today are running into quite a few problems with dogs developing tumors around the chip area since it transmits RF 24 hours a day. Definately an eye opener.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Electronic Medical Records have nothing to do with implantable chips.

Hysteria is contagious...please stop.

And incremental steps are innocuous. It will be all so normal one day...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Yes I posted the link to that in page one, tumors has been found in the areas where the microchips are located.

Now microchips companies will argue that those where earlier versions of chips back in the nineties and that now their more (human friendly versions are safe) they were good enough to convince the corrupted FDA with that

[edit on 15-7-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Providers who don't comply by 2015 will face cuts in Medicare payments.

Might as well be the freakin mob. "I have a master plan, and I will give you billions. If you don't comply I will rob you of trillions."

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by OuttaTime

Yes I posted the link to that in page one, tumors has been found in the areas where the microchips are located.

Now microchips companies will argue that those where earlier versions of chips back in the nineties and that now their more (human friendly versions are safe) they were good enough to convince the corrupted FDA with that

[edit on 15-7-2010 by marg6043]

Absolutely. They want the public to believe that there is a safer radio frequency emenating from your body. It may not be THE cause of tumors, but it sure is a huge increase in the cancer risk. Not in my body!

edit for typos

[edit on 15-7-2010 by OuttaTime]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I will make a prediction for you, once the electronic records take way the microchip will become center stage.

And if you have research the companies behind all this they are coming out with chips that will be able to monitor you medications intake, to make sure you don't miss your dosage.

From time released microchips to ones that will carry your records under your skin everywhere you go.

Just do the homework and see what all the companies getting tax payer money are up to.

And no this no a science fiction movie, the only reason the first time the implantable microchip didn't work back in the early 2000 is because was quite expensive for regular joes to get it as a volunteer campaign.

Then say no when they try to microchip you, this will probably save thousands of lives and I don't think it should be stopped just because some people think it's a stepping block to microchips.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Isn't Andy Stern CEO of a drug company. THey can make up a some bio sH@@, and force use to get the antidote/inplant. We need to watch that company like a hawk!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join