It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Alert Obama administration calls for electronic records

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Red Alert Obama administration calls for electronic records

www.usatoday.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration on Tuesday rolled out an ambitious five-year plan for moving doctors and hospitals to computerized medical records, promising greater safety for patients and lower costs.

Starting next year, doctors' offices and hospitals can get federal money to help defray the costs of the systems, which can run to millions of dollars for hospitals. Providers who don't comply by 2015 will face cuts in Medicare payments.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This news is very disturbing. If u have been paying attention the TPTB illuminati NWO agenda, you should be aware of the very real threat of globalization. One goal the elite would like to achieve is either a national I.D card or an RFID microchip, that would contain all your money, financial records, medical records, and personal information. As an obvious means of control.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
On this one I have been very much interested to see when they will be forcing the public, specially those that will fall into the Medicaid and Medicare group plus government subsidized care (humana) into getting implants.

Because I will gladly give a finger to anybody that pushes the microchip on me.

And believe me is coming, just look at the stock markets and how the makers of the chips are getting gaining whenever the electronic records agenda is been mentioned.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It's sad to see this type of fear mongering just because it is an idea from Obama.

Electronic Medical Records...oh yes...how evil. Why would we want doctors to have access to a more complete record that may reduced medical errors???

Let's get rid of computers and information altogether...all an evil NWO plot being put forth by Obama.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Electronic Medical Records have nothing to do with implantable chips.

Hysteria is contagious...please stop.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I been following the companies that hare behind the microchip and electronic records that was already in the table once the Obama care was passed, the same week they were salivating on TV about the take over of their stocks.

I don't care if is Obama of whatever politicrap in charge behind this, what I don't agree is with the agenda of microchip people using the HCR.

So don't try to deviate the topic with Obama hate, because is not going to work with me that have been watching the whole agenda since it took flight with the HCR.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Obviously you have not been following this companies agendas at all, electronic records is just the beginning of the biggest fish they want to catch, the rights to have their crap into every individual in the nation.

Wake up and smell the realities of what is been in the planning for all of us.

You just don't want to take the time and do your homework, I have. . .

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
We've had computerised medical records for some time now in the UK on the NHS - there are sill paper records but everything went over to computer a few years back.

Of course the implementation was not as smooth as it could be, mistakes were made, the system suffered failures and it went way over budget but I think they have ironed out the main problems.

I don't really see it as a bad thing.. How could it be really? Of course it's easier for big bad insurance companies to get information but over all it seems pretty sensible - for instance I had to see a doctor and she was able to pull up a series of xrays dating back some years right there on the screen in that same appointment - in the old days that would have taken a courier or some other method to physically get them there if they still existed that is.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

If you had any idea of the EMR market and how many different companies are out there providing EMRs, you would realize that you don't have to fear an "implantable chip" to carry your EMR.

My sound easy to you...but information isn't shared that easy...and currently very little is portable.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Wow, I actually agree with you on this. This has nothing to do with chips or cards. In fact the doctor office that did my sinus surgery was getting ready for this several months ago. It has been known about at least since early this year that this would take place.

They did not ask for anything other than normal doctor office questions all of which got placed in their system. If this works out as I think it will if you go to a doctor and they find out you are who you are they can search you medical records anywhere in the U.S.

There is no need for a card or implant if that is the case.

Raist

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
As is the case with all Federally mandated crap, this will be a colossal waste of money and time. And, as usual, the federal government is NOT doing this to help the citizens. They are doing it centralize power, take more money from the citizens, and to regulate the lives of others.

It is a huge scam run by psychopathic losers in Washington, DC.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I will make a prediction for you, once the electronic records take way the microchip will become center stage.

And if you have research the companies behind all this they are coming out with chips that will be able to monitor you medications intake, to make sure you don't miss your dosage.

From time released microchips to ones that will carry your records under your skin everywhere you go.

Just do the homework and see what all the companies getting tax payer money are up to.

And no this no a science fiction movie, the only reason the first time the implantable microchip didn't work back in the early 2000 is because was quite expensive for regular joes to get it as a volunteer campaign.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
its much easier to steal data from a centralized databse that is electronic, than to break into a room and pick the lock of a filing cabinet and physically steal paper documents.

im sure corporations would pay top dollar for medical information. and as far as i know, all hackers arent ethical, and most are up for hire.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Is this where we stand up and say "NO TO PROGRESS"?

I would gladly have my info stored. Available to any doctor that may have to work on me, anywhere.

Knowing a patient is half the battle. Ask my deceased niece.

And you know what? If you put all the info in a chip that I could put in my body. Effin EH.
Less crap to carry with me. I'm all about the progress.

If some evil NWO wanted to delete me from society and track my every move, they'll get quite bored. And soon, I'll be gone anyways. Our lifetimes are but a blink. If that is blinders on, then good. Because today is good.

Governments are supposed to govern the people. Otherwise it would be a lot worse.

Progress can be a scary thing. Especially if you are paranoid.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If you trust a corporate government with your data you will get what's coming to you..., and sadly, your children and their children will as well.

It's not about the technology or it's application.

It's about allowing a politicized branch of a for-profit organization to make your information a commodity.

But hey, it's your call.

Maybe it is paranoid to think the trust will be abused and people will have access to my information for their convenience. Frankly, I find the idea of trusting the institution supremely naive.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It is a good thing and a bad thing. It is good, cause it would mean that if you were to go to another town, end up in an er unconscious, they could quickly find your medical history and ensure that you are going to get treated for all of your medical conditions, including things you are under treatment for at this time.
Could this happen, yes, and right now, do you think the ER has an easy time with a patient who is unconscious, no they do not. There are questions that need to be asked and get responses to, things like current medications a person is on, all medical conditions, and allergies.
But there is the potential for abuse by this sytem. As it would have to be connected, for the different medical systems to access, it also means that it can be hacked and records stolen, people who do not want to have their medical conditions exposed, used against them. If anything it should prove to watch and pay very close attention to. The privacy between doctor and Patient has to be above reproach.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

No only that, but taking into consideration the way our own corporate government is heading with mandates you pretty much can tell how profitable this record keeping will become in the hands of those that are there to make a profit of everything.

You health will be rated like a credit score for everything you will do.

And for those that believe that is nothing to do with microchip I have news for you.

MicroCHIPS, Inc. is pioneering the next generation of implantable drug delivery and biosensing devices for use in the pharmaceutical and patient monitoring markets. Our proprietary reservoir technologies include both active and passive forms and provide numerous product opportunities for our partners.

MicroCHIPS, Inc. is a privately held company headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts. The Company was founded in 1999 by Dr. John Santini, MIT Professors Michael Cima and Robert Langer, and Terry McGuire of Polaris Venture Partners. Our world-class team of nineteen includes fifteen of the best and brightest scientists and engineers.

www.mchips.com...

This is just one company already most companies into the microchip business are investing in medical used of their chips.

Since the FDA approve the microchip for human used the only thing that all those companies were waiting was for the HCR

Microchips Approved for Human Use Linked to Cancer in Animals

Monday, September 10, 2007

Print ShareThisWhen the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved implanting microchips in humans, the manufacturer said it would save lives, letting doctors scan the tiny transponders to access patients' medical records almost instantly. The FDA found "reasonable assurance" the device was safe, and a sub-agency even called it one of 2005's top "innovative technologies."

www.foxnews.com...

This not paranoia this is the reality of our future, and if this was not such a problem why two state legislators one from Virginia and one from Ga are already drafting legislation to stop the used of microchips on humans

Only those that don't want to see are the oens that fall on their behinds when reality hits.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What kind of threat is this? The hospitals are about to stop treating medicare/medicaid paients because they cant afford to operate under the steep discounts the Feds will pay. Now the Feds are like, "we wont pay you those discounted rates unless you play under our rules"...which they've already decided (rightly so) not to play under their rules!

What planet is this again? LMAO!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Um...are you in some backwoods place or maybe haven't been to see a doctor in a while? Because our medical records have been electronic since 2005. Any hospital I go to here can pull a consolidated record up from my three doctors and two hospitals, including CAT scans and x-rays, and test results. The even scanned in my insurance card and drivers license. My child's vaccination record was online even longer than that. This is being phased in and has been, again, for years. Anyway, my point....I don't think this is Obama's idea, nor a result or directly corrleated to "his" healthcare reform..
I think this country is getting retarded. Is it that people who slept for 8 years have been given some sort of catalyst recently to wake up about all this? But hey...better late than never...

[edit on 7/14/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Well taking into consideration that Obama expanded Medicaid to become the biggest insurer for the poor and those that can not be mandated, I cannot see how hospitals will be able to deal with the wave of new patients.

Still the lure to have the states comply with this new expansion is too great to have pesky private hospitals telling their Medicaid patients that they can not be seen.

After all for at least the first few years the Federal government is promising 100% refund to the states cost, but then after that is gone is going to fall on the state tax payers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join