It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The planets are aligning for a beautiful sunset sky show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

SUNSET PLANETS: The planets are aligning for a beautiful sunset sky show. Last night on the Atlantic coast of Portugal, Miguel Claro photographed Venus, Mars and Saturn all in a row:
"The planets were beautifully arrayed over the Costa da Caparica," says Claro. "Even the bright lights of Lisbon (lower right in the full-sized photo) could not spoil the show."
Tonight the crescent Moon joins the show. It will appear beside Venus at the end of the line. For the rest of the week, the Moon will planet-hop from Venus to Mars to Saturn on successive nights.

Link spaceweather.com...

This is cool did not even know about this till i clicked the link.
Not a chance of me seeing this here in UK clouds everywere.

Hope you like.
Edit to add sorry if in wrong place.

Thankyou

[edit on 123131p://2010-07-14T12:57:02-05:00147 by mars1]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Very nice!! Me likes!!! Beautiful!
Thank you....

Peace

[edit on 14-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Lovely picture, very nice alignment

wonder if anything is visable from here tonight and how it will look from where i am.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If you like that... wait until 2012. Full galaxy alignment.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Great picture, Its a shame I won't get that great view either a forty percent chance of rain means overcast here. Thanks.

S&F

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Venus was so bright the other night directly after sunset that I just stood outside and stared for like 15 minutes.

Looked about like this, minus the moon:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Beautiful pictures..

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thanks for that it is a nice picture be nice to look up and see this.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
A little update for you.

Last night, the crescent Moon passed by Venus, producing a conjunction of such beauty it stopped traffic. "I was driving on Interstate 70 to Grand Junction, Colorado, when I noticed the conjunction." says Malcom Park. "I just had to stop for a better look." He snapped this picture from the banks of the Colorado River:
The show continues tonight as the Moon moves past Venus to form a isosceles triangle with Saturn and Mars. Scanning the vertices with a backyard telescope will quickly reveal mountains and craters on the Moon, the rings of Saturn, and the red disk of Mars. No telescope is required, however, to enjoy the show. Your eyes are all you need. Look west at sunset!

From spaceweather.com...

Hope you like.

Thankyou

join