It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commander: 1.5 mile "Seismic Run" to detect "anything that might happen with the sea floor"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Why is Obama so quiet not heard much from him he is a hands off president in everything of late.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

His plan to retire was already set before the disaster.

Hello, thank you for the information.

I'm hoping someone could help me to fill in the blanks as to where Im going with this.
Im having a hard time looking up the information I wanted to share.
It can very well be nothing but I'm thinking Thad Allen hasn't been happy for a while now.

Maybe I could u2u you or Mars to give a better idea of what Im talking about if you don't mind, maybe you could fill in the gaps first before I go any further

Thank you,
Sweetliberty

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Thats a good question Mars1! Has he left for Maine yet? Michelle is plugging for us to vacation in the Gulf states but they are going to Maine

Don't you think there are a lot of people being quiet and for a long time now?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I am not too sure i live in UK but i like many others find it strange that Obama is so quiet maby he has to wait till the real boss tells him what to do and say.
Edit to add

U.S. First lady Michelle Obama flashes two thumbs-up to the crowd, as she is introduced by Panama City Beach Mayor Gayle Oberst, on Panama City Beach, Florida July 12, 2010. Obama visited the area to show support for the people and businesses impacted by the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill.

news.yahoo.com...
Thankyou

[edit on 013131p://2010-07-14T13:09:05-05:00147 by mars1]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
ocgmod1.marine.usf.edu...

Could there be a problem with the flow of water coming out the Mississippi canyon? Seems the water flow is pushing all the way down to South Florida in this forecast model. And when theres large currents rushing through the Mississippi Canyon it cause landslides in the canyon.

Heres a bottom forecast and I notice the red yellow just above the canyon the well is in?
ocgmod1.marine.usf.edu...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
well sh*t me!

The words that came out of his mouth sounded fine but his voice and body language said tragedy and despair. He sounded as though he was about to get really choked up, like some people do when making a speech at a wake or something.

That was not tiredness, hard day at the office, long week. I thought it was really ominous.

He's military, he ain't soft! The difference between the two videos says it all.

24-48 until SHTF was what I got from the video.

He may have retired before the terrorist attack, but was he persuaded or was it suggested in anyway? If something big does happen and he knows too much, how long till he's suicided?

It would make it easier keeping it quiet if he's not in the lime light so much.

I wonder how much of this he knows?- www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11:11 by WHOS READY]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

“What an honor that the Obama family has chosen Maine for vacation when they could have gone anywhere in the country."
maineinsights.com...

"Michelle Obama visited the Gulf coast today, and suggested that Americans who are planning vacations this summer consider taking them in the Gulf region as a sign of economic solidarity with those impacted by the oil spill."
michellemalkin.com...

Maybe they will consider the Gulf region next time?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'd be more worried if they went to Hawaii. At least this might mean some of the Eastern seaboard is safe. If in fact that's where they're really going.

reply to post by WHOS READY

I'm not entirely sure the words are fine either. There were some questionable things in there.

[edit on 7/14/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I admittedly LOVE the show Lie To Me. I have done some research about the science of the show as well. Based on the work of Dr. Paul Ekman, much of what the show portrays is reality, some is not...but the 'not' is the more outlandish bits. The science of microexpressions is real, and telling.

Throughout he is definitely upset and having a hard time presenting a calm face to the cameras. The video quality blows as well, so many smaller tells are missing. This is what my armchair microexpression reading shows me:

In the first video, scroll to these times exactly. Some expressions straddle times, so you may need to run the video a few times and play with when you stop it to catch them. Remember these microexpressions last for just a fraction of a second...it's not overt. Also, this is what I saw, my interpretations could easily be wrong, please discuss/add to/flame as you wish.

1:41 speaking of stopping production thru the q-4000 & helix one.
tight straight lips, swallows, licks lips...FEAR
1:50-2:20 Discussing the next step of venting out of three sources.
Speech increases pace, more confident, more words end on an uptick. CONFIDENCE in venting pressure
3:40 Explains high pressure hydrocarbons putting pressure on the wellbore
Lower lipped tucked in, chin back, head and eyes turn left. more FEAR
3:52 speaking of pressures being contained by wellbore
downturned lips, pursed face (looks like crying) hands come up for a split second in a shrugging or hopeless gesture. I see FEAR and PESSIMISM
3:54 "...and that is good news"
beat changes too dramatically, spoken too fast, doesn't fit into his previous speech patterns. DECEPTION/NOT CONVINCED
4:27 mentions science team from US and labs around the country
on labs, his head dips low and to the right in a nod, his flow is interrupted during the mention of these groups. DECEPTION
4:44 talking about assuring low pressure readings. At the very end of "to assure that is the reading"
for the briefest of moments lower lips curl down slightly, face tightens in apparent SADNESS or FEAR.
5:04 after the word "pressure" his head nods slightly and as it comes up his face again tightens with downturned lips. more FEAR
6:09 speaking of the possibility of producing on well
head raises, eyebrows up, eyes more opened, lips brought in tightly, slight nostril flare. Appears to be first sign of ANGER in the video.
6:46 says "if we are successful."
head comes up, eyes close...as if saying a microprayer.
~8:40 Discussing Tyvek suit usage...very big tell
I gotta run (kids) but to sum up his expression: GUILT

I am admittedly a complete amateur at this, and probably got it all wrong, but that is what I saw...Hell of a lot of fear of the pressures being played with, fear of low pressure, not much hope of a good outcome, anger at BP producing, and GUILT regarding PPE issues!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yeah my bad. I meant the words were fine, for a script. I didn't really concentrate too much on what he was saying. It sounded scripted and wrong. But his voice and all that said loads more!!

It's probably wrong and I haven't done it, but I wanted to go up the bookies and put a bet on for STHTF over in the Gulf. Thats what the video said to me.

My gut is giving me an answer but could the Gulf thing, if it goes completely belly up and SHTF, would it be enough to bring the entire economy down and bring in martial law??

... Mmm, could the oil spill attack bring in martial law for one half of the country, and 'they' have another trick up their sleeves for the other half of the country?? blackjack or something??

[edit on 11:11 by WHOS READY]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I KNEW there would be a "problem"....just like when they stopped the other "fix"......I live in New Orleans, and I'm very concerned about what is happening! We are being lied to and the people on the Gulf coast are being used as "lab rats"..... the president is awol, and BP is running the show.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Found the transcript.
Transcript-Press Briefing with National Incident Commander Admiral Thad Allen July 13, 2010
app.restorethegulf.gov...

It's long but belongs here.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

I'd be more worried if they went to Hawaii. At least this might mean some of the Eastern seaboard is safe. If in fact that's where they're really going.

reply to post by WHOS READY

I'm not entirely sure the words are fine either. There were some questionable things in there.

[edit on 7/14/2010 by ~Lucidity]

Hello Lucidity
You have a point there

I feel there is a lot going on that we should be told but aren't.

Im not fear mongering, it's just that we have been spinning in circles.
When we are told something from the government or bp, it changes. I understand this is a first of its kind, at a depth they've not at drilled before.
If the cracks in the sea floor became an issue before, chances are it will become an issue again.
I'm surprised other countries haven't spoken up.
I have to wonder, if this doesn't work and if the relief wells don't work, I have to wonder if the other countries begin speaking up then.
This could eventually affect everyone everywhere.

Will the real leader please stand up?

best regards,
Sweetliberty

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Now i have found the video of the press questions.

Commander: "Some structural integrity issues with the casing of the wellbore"

Nearly all questions at National Incident Commander Thad Allen's press conference today concerned the structural integrity of the well and the possibility of seepage into the seabed or a blowout.
Commander: "One could make the case that there's some structural integrity issues with the casing of the wellbore itself."

Thats all i could find hope it helps.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
[edit on 14-7-2010 by Ektar]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Yesterday on CNN there was some scientist on the program that stated the well casing was already damaged and or missing and that the relief wells were a sham,.. this might already be a link here on ATS somewhere. regardless ,. it sounds like they already know this is pointless.. Also I had mentioned in another thread that that same scientist said a nuke was to be the next real option...'
' should that be the real next step, I will be concerned for the states along the gulf.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Thank you posting the transcript. My jaw hit the deck when I heard the Admiral say they were using two million of those tyvek (spelling?) suits per day. No wonder he paused and seemed to gulp before he read that out. Good to see that the transcript corrected this with a note that it should be two mil. per month. While that's still a lot it's not unreasonable.

Thank you also for starting this thread. I saw your post with the video on the "up to date" thread and agree with those who suggested making another thread for it. Gives us a wider range of discussion options than we would have had there.

Regarding the comments both here and on the "up to date" thread about the Admiral's demeanor, I'd have to agree that he didn't seem his usual self in this briefing. I also agree with most of the members' opinions here: there is no way that any nervousness on his part was due to being camera shy or unused to speaking in front of groups of people. As a four-star Admiral he has done plenty of speaking in front of groups. I also doubt that it's due to tiredness on his part. Again, commanders of his ability and rank have been in so many situations where they have to be on their feet for long periods that they learn to deal with it. Granted, he is now retired from the Coast Guard but he's still got what it takes.

So, his changed demeanor at this briefing can only be due to the nature of the subject matter. You know, he reminds me of General Colin Powell when he had to present faked-up "evidence" of chemical weapons sites that would "justify" the attack on Iraq. The man was clearly uneasy, but he was a soldier to his bones and he had to follow his orders, so he told it like he was ordered to.

Even though he's retired, the Admiral is still going to follow orders if they are handed down from high up. As he's attached to the DHS, he'll do what the DHS Secretary tells him to do and say what she tells him to say.

My take on it is that he has been told to not tell the whole story, but he's done his best to let us read between the lines a little if we want to.

And what I read between the lines is not very pretty reading.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Yes there is a lot of talk going around now about this.
Could have seen this around here on ATS.
Why BP is readying a 'super weapon' to avert escalating Gulf nightmare

In a desperate attempt to stop a huge area of the Gulf ocean floor from possibly rupturing due to subterranean methane gas (leading to a calamity no human has ever seen) BP has ripped a page from science fiction books.
The giant oil company is now quietly preparing to test a small nuclear device in a frenzied rush against time to quell a cascading catastrophe. If successful they will have the capability to detonate a controlled fusion generated pulse.
While the world watches BP's attempt to contain the oil gusher at the former Deepwater Horizon site, company officials have given the green light on an astounding plan to use what is known as a nuclear EPFCG charge if all else fails.

From www.helium.com...
Can not say if this is reliable or not i will leave that to you.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thank you for that Mike
and that was a good post.

The MSM don't tell us anything so we look around ourselves if we all work together we get some were not all the time but sometimes.

So thankyou

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Hello Mike,

Im glad to see you on here

I was reading up on the duties of a National Incident Commander.

I found this.

www.osha.gov...

In the early 1970s, ICS was developed to manage rapidly moving wildfires and to address the following problems:
Too many people reporting to one supervisor;
Different emergency response organizational structures;
Lack of reliable incident information;
Inadequate and incompatible communications;
Lack of structure for coordinated planning among agencies;
Unclear lines of authority;
Terminology differences among agencies; and Unclear or unspecified incident objectives.
In 1980, federal officials transitioned ICS into a national program called the National Interagency Incident Management System (NIIMS), which became the basis of a response management system for all federal agencies with wildfire management responsibilities. Since then, many federal agencies have endorsed the use of ICS, and several have mandated its use.

I would like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind, I searched for the answers but haven't found them yet.

I see Admiral Thad Allen officially retired from the U.S. Coast Guard on June 30th.

en.wikipedia.org...
"Following his position as commandant, Allen continued to serve on active duty for 36 days in his role as National Incident Commander of the Unified Command for the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Allen officially retired from the U.S. Coast Guard on June 30, 2010, but continues to serve as a civilian as the National Incident Commander of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. He is a senior executive on the staff of DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano."

Im not finding who was the National Incident Commander before him.
Not that it's really important at this time.

Was there already a commander assigned to the the Deepwater Horizon oil gusher before Admiral Thad Allen?

If not, I wonder why not before now?

Who is actually in charge of here, the government or BP or both working together?

edit to add: When I think I know what is going on, they change it.
I know BP seems to be the ones in charge, if so, I wonder how much authority Chad Allen has in this.
Would his recommendations be considered (by BP)?

What a mess! I don't have a good feeling about what is transpiring lately

Thank you,
Sweetliberty

[edit on 14-7-2010 by sweetliberty]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join