It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commander: 1.5 mile "Seismic Run" to detect "anything that might happen with the sea floor"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
National Incident Commander Thad Allen Press Conference, July 13, 2010:

Rush Transcript Excerpts This morning, several significant activities are taking place. We just finished a seismic run through the field, about a 2.5 kilometer run, basically, from north to south with a boat called the Gecko (ph) Topaz, carrying very sophisticated acoustical sensors. That is intended to give us a baseline from which we can detect any anomalies after we do the well integrity testregarding anything that might happen with the sea floor or the formation moving ahead. The sequence of events that will take place and will start some time afternoon today, we are still, I might add just as background, to have that vessel come through with the very sensitive acoustic sensors that they have on board. It requires you to clear just about everybody out of the area... Then in sequence, we will attempt to close the stack down and assess the pressure readings as we do that. ... The goal is to slowly close that down and understand the changes in pressure as we are closing it until that choke line is closed. At that point, there will be no hydrocarbons exiting from the capping stack, and we'll go into a period where we're going to start taking pressure readings. It will go in basically six, 24 and 48-hour increments depending on the results. And as we've said before, while it may be counterintuitive to some, in this exercise high pressure is good. We have a considerable amount of pressure down on the reservoir forcing the hydrocarbons up to the wellbore. We are looking for somewhere between 8,000 and 9,000 PSI inside the capping stack, which would indicate to us that the hydrocarbons are being forced up and the wellbores are being able to withstand that pressure. And that is good news. If we are down around in the 4,000 to 5,000, 6,000 range that could potentially tell us that the hydrocarbons are being diverted someplace else, and we would have to try and assess the implications of that. And as you might imagine, there are gradations as you go up from 4,000 or 5,000 PSI up to 8,000 or 9,000. ... We will at some point try to get to 8,000 or 9,000 and sustain that for some period of time, and these will be done basically, as I said — if we have a very low pressure reading, we will try and need (ph) at least six hours of those readings to try to ensure that that is the reading. If it's a little higher, we want to go for 24 hours. And if it's up at 8,000 or 9,000, we would like to go 48 hours just to make sure it can sustain those pressures for that amount of time. So, based on the pressure readings that we find, this could be six, 24 or 48 hours. And at that point we will have a better idea not only of the pressure, it will tell us something about condition of the wellbore itself. And ultimately, it will also tell us something about the flow rate, which to date has been based on estimates, based on the digital imagery, acoustic testing, and so forth. ... The range of options that could come out of the testing of the stacking cap include knowledge that the cap itself can withstand 8,000 to 9,000 PSI pressure interminably, indefinitely, which means there might be an opportunity to have what we would call a shut-in of the well, basically to just hold it at that point. Anything less than that might bring into play a decision to continue to produce. ... If we are to go to a full production of four different outlets around the 17th, 18th, 19th of July, somewhere around there, it will require us to continue to build and construct the second free-standing riser pipe. That is in progress right now and should be ready for production around the 19th of July. ... We realize there are significant chances that we can improve our ability to contain these hydrocarbons moving forward, and everybody will be watching very closely over the next 24 hours

Just look at his body language and the shaky voice.
Somethings not right what do you think

Edit to add video of the press questions.

Thankyou

[edit on 023131p://2010-07-14T14:45:17-05:00147 by mars1]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Nicely done Mars

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Glad to see you started this, as I said in livefeed discussion something is terribly wrong. This is NOT the Thad Allen I have been watching since April. I noticed when he spoke of the tyvek suits he sounded like he was going to cry. Something is up, just a feeling...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I did say i was not going to do another thread on this subject but someone requested it and seen as i found the video and it dose deserve its own thread.

This man to me looks scared to death.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think he understands the implications if this fails and also understands the risks should the pressure blow-out the well somewhere else. It's clear this is a technically daunting task. It's untried and they're dealing with a huge number of unknowns. My voice would be shaky too.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
there is a massive oil leak in the gulf.. and this commander guy is part of the hated late and uneffective response to it,
that's probaby why his voice is stressed

maybe not sleeping at night, stressed and over worked

i think to jump to the conclusion that because he sounds off is because 'something is terribly wrong' is a leap of faith

i'd like to point out that is just my opinion, i will need further investigation and evidence, and if this seismic reading shows worrisom evidence, then at least we'll have something concrete to debate and think about

otherwise, i would expect there to be all kinds of testing going on, and the people involved to be worked like dogs until the problem is solved

just my opinion, keep your eyes open, but your thoughts unmoved

peace

[edit on 7/14/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Look at the diference in this one.

Admiral Thad Allen Discusses Live Video Feed of Oil Leak

That is like a different man speaking there so whats going on.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I agree.

After watching this guy for some time, this one stands out. But it could be anything. Maybe he's sick?

Incidentally, I have been meaning to look this up... When and why did he start wearing civilian clothing? Just curious.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Q: Okay, and my last question for you is your status with the Coast Guard is set to change on July 1st, is that correct? And have you had any discussions with the White House about your future?

ADMIRAL ALLEN: That is correct. This is my final day in uniform, so tomorrow if you see me I'll be wearing civilian clothes and I'll be a civilian employee of the Department of Homeland Security, working for Secretary Napolitano, we agreed upon a transition strategy. I'm honored to serve at the pleasure of Secretary Napolitano and the President and I look forward to continuing efforts on behalf of the country.

Read more: www.mcclatchydc.com...

Answer.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
well he definitely started with a 'can do' and affirmitive attitude

[edit on 7/14/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

He seems to be shifting his weight, and just after the 50 second mark, as he refers to "anything happening with the sea-floor, note that he looks down for a moment. This is a tell. An expression of concern.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Yeah I agree I don't want to come off as a fearmonger. I thought about that too. I think he must be exhausted and it must be really hot down there. He is really the PR man for everything now and has a lot of people coming at him too. He has been so unshakeable since the begining it was hard to see him like that.... PEACE OUT

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

He retired from the Coast Guard, thought he went to work for BP. Not, I guess DHS now...This man has seen a lot in the Coast Guard. IMHO best man for the job...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by piercebitchone]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Okay, I think I'm a bit confused. He first says they just finished the sensitive acoustical seismic run through the field with the Gecko Topaz to get a baseline. Okay that makes sense. They already did a run this morning (or the morning of whatever day it is he's speaking.

He then says they ran out of daylight yesterday and so they started at first light this morning.

He then talks again about starting after noon and clearing the area to do the very sensitive acoustic senors again? For another seismic run it sounds like. A second one?

Something about that is not right. Maybe he just didn't say that the run after noon was the second to check against the baseline from this morning. This is just a bit odd.

He does seems extremely nervous. I watched another video of him being interviewed a while back...totally different demeanor.

Also, why did they give him a job with DHS? He knows something. I'd bet on it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I just read on cnn.com that they have also suspended the relief well drilling.

Meanwhile, work on two relief wells -- seen as the ultimate solution to the oil disaster -- was suspended. Wells said work on the first relief well, expected to be completed in August, was delayed while officials prepare for the integrity test out of an abundance of caution. It is possible, though unlikely, that shutting in the well as part of the integrity test could cause the back side of the relief well to be blown out, Wells said. "It's a good precaution to take at this time," he said. However, the delay will set the relief well progress back by one to two days.

Operations on the second relief well were temporarily suspended at a depth of 15,963 feet to ensure there is no interference with the first relief well, BP has said.

Source:CNN

Could this be the cause for concern?
edit to fix link.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by OneisOne]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I don't know this man but i can tell something is not right after watching this.
He knows something alright they all do but they will not tell us.

Time will tell.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Why does he not discuss the results of the first seismic run? Didn't hear all is well. Red flag.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I agree, he knows something but isn't saying it in words.

Here is a little bit of information on Thad Allen.
en.wikipedia.org...
I didn't know he retired. When did he decide to retire? This shows the date he "officially retired", my question is when did he decide to retire?

Something is bugging me now.

I think there have been a few things he has been a part of lately that maybe he didn't want to be a part of.
Does anyone think he may have retired because he didn't want to be a puppet for Obama and now BP?

I have to look up something from a few months ago and with that, I hope to develop a time line that leads up to the him on the video.

Bottom line, maybe he has decided someone else needs to disinform the public, maybe he like a few other public officials who have steped aside lately because they can't be a part of the lies?

[edit on 14-7-2010 by sweetliberty]

[edit on 14-7-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

His plan to retire was already set before the disaster.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

Exactly. And they're doing another? I really can't tell what he means or what he left out, but this is a potential red flag. Did anyone else catch this? Again, he did say something about the first being a baseline, so it makes sense to do another, however he's very vague and unclear about it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join