It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here a melungeon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It interesting that most countries have names for groups of people who are outcast in some way, Cagot in France Eta or Hinem in Japan. Seems to be a very human thing to castigate certain people.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I am a Melungeon Researcher, not for pay of course, but I have several urls and a mailing list that might be useful to some of you. See:

The Melungeon Health Education and Support Network:
www.melungeonhealth.org...

A Melungeon mailing list that is family friendly - to join, see:
groups.google.com...

Reading the clues -
Genealogy research helps unravel a mystery of Appalachian medicine: www.wvgazette.com...

Melungeon Printed Resources:
melungeonhealth.org...

ONE HUNDRED and SIXTY-NINE Melungeon and associated websites:
melungeonhealth.org...

Melungeon Definition:
www.geocities.com...
Also includes several urls.

Melungeon Information and Common Surname List:
sparksgenealogy.com...

Diagrams of physical characteristics
melungeonhealth.org...

Fibromyalgia in YOUR family? Inherited? Maybe!!
www.holisticonline.com...

Sparks Genealogy: SparksGenealogy.net...
(Select: Index/Nancy's Corner/The Melungeon Connection)
(Select: Index/The Melungeon Media Release)

Nancy

Searching SPARKS, HAGER, JAYNE, RAMEY/REMY, COLLINS, MUSICK, WALKER, PORTER
MAYO, CAREY/CARY NAPIER,QUEEN, PERDUE, KELLEY, LETT,

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
let me see. I guess I qualify as a pure concoction of Heinz 57. The only race that is missing from our family tree as far back as I could go is the Oriental but since some anthropologist think that are related to the Native American by connection to my maternal grandmother we may even have that one covered. I guess if I am allowed to claim them then I truly qualify as a member of the pure blooded human race.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by petey_pongo23

I also am a from this line of peoples with southards painter,tyree.ect. and my mother is of irish fair complexion. i on the other hand look a european olive color and when I tan first i get a shade of grey like nuked color and it then turns brown. barely ever burn and also I keloid when I heal my sister is darker and looks indian. features hair eyes lips and body truely . maybe gypsy... but ....if pleckler hadn't messed with these peoples this wouldnot be .something has to be done what about a bailout for the survivors of pleckler and his racial clensing tactics......a remedy has alot to do with pride and persavering...... Maureen

top topics

<< 1   >>

join