It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens exist, Why would they not make contact??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I understand, and trust me, that comment about needing to feel a part of something greater wasn't aimed at you. I just wonder about people who can generate in their mind the existence of another life form without any direct contact. If nothing else I have to say the stories are the product of an imagination that even I envy. The creative part of ones mind would have to be great to give such elaborate detail to a race of beings that have never made thier presence known.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If we take a moment and anthropomorphize aliens, then one can easily see a major concern that might be necessary to address. Take a look back at human history and consider what happened when two groups of distinct and geographically isolated people meet. Off the top of my head, I can name a few:

1) New diseases are introducted that one party is immune to but ther other is not. This resulted in a horrible decline in native american population.

2) Exploitation of newly found rare resources by the more advanced race.

3) Colonization, for profit or glory.

4) Armed conflict. Usually with the more advanced race winning.

If these things care about us and out habitat, then number one may be of concern. If there are here for ulterior motives, then for 2,3, and 4 surprise would probably be the best war strategy.

In either case they would want to be concealed. Of course, this is only assuming they would have some human-like qualities.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Now that is an interesting theory.....How do we know that the disease issue hasn't already reared it's ugly head, maybe and this is JUST a maybe, alien visitors have already been responsible for some of the diseases or virus infections that have come from nowhere?? thats an interesting thought, It would also be a BIG risk for the aliens as well because no matter how technologically advanced they are, I am pretty sure cross-contaminaion would be a big issue/risk for them and us.

damn typos lol

[edit on 17-6-2004 by Mindsmog]

<< 1   >>

join