It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens exist, Why would they not make contact??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This is a question that has been floating around my head for a few days now...Why would they not make contact, Ok some people say governments wouldn't allow it, But could they really prevent them if they really wanted too, i mean arriving with a fleet of motherships would hardly go unnoticed lol, Maybe they are afraid of us? No i dont think that either as they must have studied us enough to know our nature and something about us as a race, so I await responses as to the reason you think they are not here yet! Could it be the prejudice and race discrimination factor? That is plausible, maybe they think that we are not tolerant of our own brethren and to integrate into our society would cause all kinds of problems. that is one of my theories. I await your replies , thanks

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I'm sure these things are already here and have us as aware of them as much as they want us to be. I imagine its to avoid the panic and chaos from the likely culture shock that would happen following complete disclosure. Plus from numerous reports, many of the beings sighted have apparently very little opinion of us and most likely look so down upon humanity as to not care about making us fully aware of their presence. Much as how we humans don't care to alert many earthly animals to our presence while we observe or do things they might otherwise not like to them.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Interesting point heelstone, But if they look down at us as such, then why would they A: Allow us to see them at all? and B: be so interested in us ?
and I am pretty sure they are seriously under-estimating us if they look down at us

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
What would be the point of them making global contact? In what way would they benefit? As of now, it seems one benefit would be to prove they exist, but isn't that only beneficial to us (humans)? What would be the point for them to prove their existance to doubters on earth? I don't see it. If they haven't already made contact with the powers that be, here on earth, it's a fair assumption that we would try to defend ourself and attack; not just stand there and watch while they show off their fancy ships. Why would they risk that happening? Even if their technology is superiour to ours and our weapons weren't at all effective, why even risk the chance of creating panic? Isn't it just a bit ignorant to expect that there would be no harm - either to us or them - if this was going to happen?

We can only guess what their interest in our species might be and personally, I don't think it's always intended for us to see them. It's quite possible they make mistakes.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
Interesting point heelstone, But if they look down at us as such, then why would they A: Allow us to see them at all? and B: be so interested in us ?
and I am pretty sure they are seriously under-estimating us if they look down at us

Well, we do allow animals we observe and experiment on to see us from time to time. Complete secrecy is probably very hard to maintain for these beings. In the presence of other creatures such as us who are likely close in intelligence to those observing us, maintaining absolute secrecy is likely too difficult to bother with and a state of semi-secrecy, mystery, and confusion is easier to maintain.

Interests by these things are well known. Some want to know how we procreate, some want to understand the flora and fauna of earth and how to perform agriculture, some want to stop us from blowing up the earth or possibly bring weapons out in space to blow them up, some claim they are here to help us because the earth is due for a violent polar shift. There seems to be a large number of reasons given in close encounter and abduction scenarios. I'd say the primary reason for the visitation is so that we don't take weapons, especially nuclear weapons, out into space and cause these beings more nuisance.

It seems to be the case many times that these things have underestimated humanity. Lots of reports on UFOs being shot down or knocked out by our radar. Including some cases were humans get the drop on aliens and capture or kill them. Not much in the way of evidence, as is per usual with the subject, but it appears that these creatures at times are caught off guard by the unpredictability of man.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
If they made contact... we surely expect more from them right? Then we are facing the reality of life many poeple would die of shock. I think the only way it would be more secure for them to make contact, we must bring their existence in a clearer view, a Normal view, there is sooo much poeple that laughs about you when you mention ET or something becuase they dont got the right View. try to hear someone and hear their oppinion.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I think that to trespass on our planet in secret sort of makes me angry towards them, For this simple reason, Every race started out "Alone" meaning they didn't have the capability to travel in space and so there must have been a point when first contact was made between other alien species, so why should we be left out? To aid another civilization by sharing/exchanging information and technology can be a good thing, as well as a bad thing, everything has ups and downs, but why even come here at all? If they can travel through space and there are millions of habitable planets and races then surely, we would not be THAT interesting, I think that maybe we are a rarety and that there are not as many races as we would like to believe , maybe life here is in an early stage , where as elsewhere it is dieing out! Just a thought. They must have something on us! and they must be interested in something here, or they wouldn't be here at all, if its just to study us then surely, they have all the info they would possibly need, I mean according to scriptures they have been here since the dawn of time. As for preventing the destruction of the planet, what gives them that right? Unless they created it! To interfere with nature and fate is a whole new kettle of fish. why would they need to abduct people and mutilate animals? none of it makes any sense whatsover, You would think that with so many people watching the skies and frequencies, and with so many people with knowledge It is amazing that no CONCLUSIVE proof has appeared, Its always like a teasing appetizer!! very frustrating when you think about it. But makes you wonder whether they are real or not!!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Well, if one states the lack of conclusive proof, one also has to think about what would live up to the standards of being conclusive. Many would say there are many conclusive proofs already. The problem is that, depending on one's attitude to this phenomenon, one have different opinions on what conclusive proof really is.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
It is amazing that no CONCLUSIVE proof has appeared, Its always like a teasing appetizer!! very frustrating when you think about it. But makes you wonder whether they are real or not!!
Well, its not just whatever is flying around in UFOs that is maintaining this secret. The issue of government cover up and evidence confiscation has got to be recognized when trying to understand why so little information has gotten out. The amount of secrecy as a result of it is twofold compared to other subjects.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Well maybe because we aren’t a race that has developed from ground of, we actually are created by another alien civilization. So we are NOT an Original Race, we are a creation.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Well how'bout that? Three posts in a row starting with "well". Oops - four

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Could be posted before...
www.rense.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The secrecy of the government on this subject is what makes you think its already happened. I believe aliens are here and we don't even know it. I'm not talking MIB type aliens, but more like th "Signs" type. I don't know though, I've never seen one personally.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoscreator
The secrecy of the government on this subject is what makes you think its already happened. I believe aliens are here and we don't even know it. I'm not talking MIB type aliens, but more like th "Signs" type. I don't know though, I've never seen one personally.

Yep i dont know either but I have noticed that many poeple get veary distracted by "alien movies". the word alien has become veary Dirty.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
well (5) hehe ... err ahem.. anyway back to the thread lol If the government was covering up the fact of aliens being here....surely it would be impossible to keep a true secret, i mean they couldturn up in numbers at any point creating a mass panic, it would be better to tell people exactly what they are and why? as for the conclusive proof, has anyone anywhere without a measurable doubt and full expert credentials come forward and categorically stated something is Not a hoax.. Its always shady or there is some doubt!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
From what I know, there has been quite a few people that can be viewed as experts with credentials stating our government's knowledge about ETs. However, as long as the government itself seems to wanna keep this a secret, they consequently do their part to discredit these people. Also, it doesn't take much to discredit someone in cases like these. The secret is just to incredible for most people to believe in the first place.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I myself have been struggling with this question as well. Why not make contact. Some say they are already here and have been for thousands of years. Some say the gov't has evidence already(personally I think this is the least likely due to the inability of the gov't to keep these types of things from the general public). Some say they are only observers, not meant to interact (almost as if earth is thier zoo and we are just on display for them.
Of all the theories I have to ask my self what is more probable. Not more possible, because anything is possible. But, what is more probable? The likeliest answer to that question, is there is no life other than what is on our planet. But, if there is ever contact made, I'll be the first to recant my statement. It's just that for now, there is no picture, video, drawing, story, or artifact that points to undeniable proof to me yet.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I myself have been struggling with this question as well. Why not make contact.

Again, I think this is the wrong question. Why should they make contact? To prove they exist at the risk of being attacked? What purpose would that serve?

It's just that for now, there is no picture, video, drawing, story, or artifact that points to undeniable proof to me yet.

This is a difficult one, 'cause you really need to ask yourself what kind of proof would be undeniable. Anything could be hoaxed and first-hand experience could be a hallucination.

I've never seen a ufo or anything like it. But the way I see it, it just feels probable that there is some truth to this phenomenon.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by Durden]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

This is a difficult one, 'cause you really need to ask yourself what kind of proof would be undeniable. Anything could be hoaxed and first-hand experience could be a hallucination.

I agree to a point. There are some things that you just feel without needing to have hard evidence. But in this case I think that some people more often will make the existence of ailens real in thier mind due to a need to feel a part of something greater. For myself, I don't "feel" they are here so I would need another form of evidence. But your question is a good one. What would do that for me. Almost anything could be manipulated in the media. Perhaps making thier presence know in mass numbers all over the globe. Perhaps being caught on live tv during a live event like the olympics or world series or something on a grand scale like that. The obvious one would be actual personal contact, but even then unless I had several people around me to witness the same event I could just say that I was hallucinating, or dreaming, or just drunk. Perhaps when it happens I will just know and that will be enough for me (much like some of the personal stories we all hear about already huh)

[edit on 16-6-2004 by mpeake]

[edit on 16-6-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It's really liberating to hear your open-minded attitude to this thing. I can only say I wholeheartedly agree with you. As of now, we just have to feel what makes the most sence. Personally, I don't think I need to feel special or part of something else. So I don't think that's the reason why I feel the way I do.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by Durden]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join