It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fantasy of money

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I think that the biggest issues facing our modern societies are:

(1) Fiat currency
(2) Hoarding of virtual wealth - (i.e. measuring the ownership of debt as wealth) based on promissory futures, relating directly to (1) above.
(3) Disintegration of society (at local through to national levels) through the abandonment of localised 'real' wealth growth (we've become dependent on mega-corps and public sector spending) directly as a need to maintain the status quo for (1) and (2) above.
(4) Globalisation as part of (1), (2), (3) above, leading to an increase in imports and outsourcing.
(5) Collapse of quality of life (balancing work and private life, quality of foods and even products) purely to feed the requirement for growth to maintain (1)-(4) above.

I believe that most concerns can be seen to be derivatives of the 5 points above since they are not necessarily ideologically specific - this is why we need a change in perception rather than a changing the tools we use to achieve certain things.

Money itself is not a bad thing. The desire to create wealth (real wealth!) either by the accumulation of wares or the currency equivalent is not bad! The biggest issue is illusory wealth - ownership of debt!

Debt inevitably destroys society since it is based on a promissory future that cannot be assured or accurately measured!

You ever start to do a job and then somebody interrupts and says, "Can you just...?" You do them the favour and until somebody else says, ""Can you just...?" Eventually, you realise that you do not have enough time to finish off the original job. We only get time at a measured pace, we cannot get 'more of it' as individuals as such.

So we create illusory wealth 'today' by promising that we'll earn the real wealth to 'back it' tomorrow. Fiat currency is simply an IOU! We keep swapping IOUs with each other, we trade them for goods but they mean nothing. As long as you have Fiat currency then you are forced to pay taxation.

ATS has a history of proclaiming that taxes are bad... until societies return to backed currencies, either by clear relatively direct links with 'real' wealth creators (i.e. producers) then we will always be crushed by the yoke of government through taxation.

Taxes will inevitably only go up... since more and more IOUs are in circulation, the economy demands it. Those taxes may shift from individuals to businesses, even to other countries via import taxes, but the fact is they need to rise to keep pace, especially since birth rates are falling.

Reducing the reliance on IOUs solves a lot of issues, it gives a level playing field. This should be the first step in reclaiming our societies!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impro
Here's a book to help explain further.

www.freedomfiles.org/mary-book.pdf

Peace to you...

The link, worked for me, perhaps its your internet browser? perhaps another member, can solve the mystery.

Edit: if you cant open it mainly, you can also do it like this:
www.freedomfiles.org > Law Studies> see link, of the book.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Impro]

I figured out what it was and will soon check that out. I'm looking forward to it, thanks.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The Great Money Trick

Hey, woodwardjr, that's pretty amazing. It makes the captilastic heroes from Ayn Rand's books suddenly seem much less grand. You have ruined Ayn Rand
Kidding, you did , but I'm glad for it. Peace.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Money seriously is the root of all evil. Combined with temptation, life starts to get nasty.

$

Do you know what this symbol represents?

A serpent coiled around a human...

That's a bizarre interpretation of what that symbol means, but it's quite chilling. thanks.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

Thanks, sugarcube. That was fascinating.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Who needs a lot of money ? I just need some of it to pay for my bills and I guess have enough to live normal and to travel once in a while and I am happy. I guess there are other people that can have lots of money, it's how the world spins I guess, otherwise we would live in the jungle, no development ifrastructure and system to go by, it's just not me. Some people need a lot some don't, why spend your life running for a golden treajure.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Who needs a lot of money ? I just need some of it to pay for my bills and I guess have enough to live normal and to travel once in a while and I am happy. I guess there are other people that can have lots of money, it's how the world spins I guess, otherwise we would live in the jungle, no development ifrastructure and system to go by, it's just not me. Some people need a lot some don't, why spend your life running for a golden treajure.

You have an intense vibe with this expression. the masses hate that . lol. that's why it's awesome
money is for dollar junkies. like a variation on gerald celente , in a good way. I said hey, (harry carry played by will ferrell) if the moon were made of... lol
there is no golden treasure. . . even if there were. . . it's not worth it. elvish tolkein sort of thing

top topics

<< 1   >>

join