It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fantasy of money

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
WASHINGTON—The U.S. economy ceased to function this week after unexpected existential remarks by Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke shocked Americans into realizing that money is, in fact, just a meaningless and intangible social construct...

www.theonion.com...

The satire in this piece needs to be noted before I go any further, so there, this is satire...
I don't want this to turn into something like when a piece from the Borowitz report makes it's rounds in the MSM or on these boards without people knowing what it is.

But the truth that is conveyed through this piece is part of what makes it so grand. The truth that lies behind the joke makes it , like all good humor, that much funnier.

The article goes on to say "According to witnesses, Finance Committee members sat in thunderstruck silence for several moments until Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) finally shouted out, "Oh my God, he's right. It's all a mirage. All of it—the money, our whole economy—it's all a lie!"

Can y'all imagine? What would it take for the sheeple to wake up and see what money really is?
Something like this?
What if?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Or do you still think that money is anything other than an illusion ? lmao if you do...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It's just numbers, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
money is a tool.

and like all tools, it can be used for either good intentions or bad intentions.

money is also evil and corrupts people, it has the potential to rob them from their integrety,honesty etc etc.

but most of all, and i agree with the OP on this one, money is fake.
fake in the sense that, most people strive their whole life to become rich and wealthy...
and when some finally do, they realize they didn´t experience ´life´ along the way.

when money becomes an obsession, it takes over your life and IMHO you can´t enjoy life no more.

just my 2 cents btw.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Very true. Though I'm a bit surprised that this finally seems to get in the mainstream media but that's good news. Money is indeed just an illusion. It works because everyone believes it. That little $20 dollar bill is just a "paper certificate". The paper itself has no value. It's even more evident today with all the credit card and electronic transactions. It's just numbers.

I've read a great report on that from the guys that created the Revolutioniz program. You have to buy their product first, but everything is explained very clearly in there.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExpandedMinds
Very true. Though I'm a bit surprised that this finally seems to get in the mainstream media but that's good news.

If The Onion is mainstream media now, that's progress.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Very true. Though I'm a bit surprised that this finally seems to get in the mainstream media but that's good news.

If The Onion is mainstream media now, that's progress.

lol...my bad...I don't know that website. I came across it with that post and it looked well designed and serious. The information in the article is still spot on though!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
Can y'all imagine? What would it take for the sheeple to wake up and see what money really is?

Death, most likely

Alas... "waking up" is a broad term nowadays and frankly, even not being a complete douche-bag is considered waking up lately

American Indians refusing government's money were already woken up, but the rest of the westerners still enjoy or long for the American dream. When the dream ends abruptly, for a brief time it will be perfect serenity and content, until we are bewitched into the dream yet again. Money is simply a tool used by our evil selves for getting others to join our false Paradise.

I don't worry though, be as it may... I try to use my money for what good I can, constantly suffering from not being really awoken and not enjoying the fake dream either. It's not all that bad and it will get a lot worse.

Kudos to Onnion and to you OP, I really love those guys.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Double post removed.

[edit on 14/7/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Alright, I agree with the most part of all this.
I myself, as a young student, plan to just get a nice job in the future, most importantly, enjoy life..
Although money, seems to be the main tool to be used..

Here is my dilema though:
*with a simple example: Traveling the world

Say, I love traveling, sure a few fellow ATS`ers also love, seeing the world and traveling..
Traveling is not free, it cost money, and lots, you need a airplane ticket?
I mean you can attempt a rubber boat, but that probaly failz.
Second, a safe place to sleep? sure its adventerous to try and find a cheap home, but in some foreign countries, you`d just be mugged in your sleep..

Bring me to my second point:
Health, if I or my future family, would get sick, id want the best care for them, this sadly, also cost alot of money, or we will be living the rest of our lives in debt.

These are just two basic main examples, I am sure they are more.

My point is, in some ways, we need money to live life to its fullest.
I agree, money should not be your main mission in life, but its just frustrating, a millionair has not to worry about world-traveling or health-bills, for he gots the money, to cover his ass.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
It's just numbers, nothing more.

Indeed, and with money being respresented digitally they are now "just numbers" to a much larger extent than in the first place.
What I mean is now it's just transferred from one acccount to another, just numbers on a screen.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
money is a tool.

and like all tools, it can be used for either good intentions or bad intentions.

money is also evil and corrupts people, it has the potential to rob them from their integrety,honesty etc etc.

but most of all, and i agree with the OP on this one, money is fake.
fake in the sense that, most people strive their whole life to become rich and wealthy...
and when some finally do, they realize they didn´t experience ´life´ along the way.

when money becomes an obsession, it takes over your life and IMHO you can´t enjoy life no more.

just my 2 cents btw.

Thanks , knowhow. IMHO It represents the energy of exchange . It's supposed to be connected in real time, to physical objects of wealth, i.e. gold, but it's no longer that way. So it no longer carries the true reflection of human bartering energy.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Money does NOT exist, but the labor we do for it does, its still a form of barter, except we work for I.O.U's. That we can never "cash" in.

So with our labor, we receive more pieces of paper, birth certificate, social security cards, drivers licenses, deeds to our homes and vehicles. What we fail to see is that though our labor gives us more paper, we contract for birth certificates etc, and that means it has more value then money ($).

$ this is a symbol, nothing more. It has no value. We have sold ourselves and our children for $$$.

Here's a book to help explain further.

www.freedomfiles.org/mary-book.pdf

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Very true. Though I'm a bit surprised that this finally seems to get in the mainstream media but that's good news. Money is indeed just an illusion. It works because everyone believes it. That little $20 dollar bill is just a "paper certificate". The paper itself has no value. It's even more evident today with all the credit card and electronic transactions. It's just numbers.

I've read a great report on that from the guys that created the Revolutioniz program. You have to buy their product first, but everything is explained very clearly in there.

That was just satire, though it's deep stuff and they impressed me with this. I see what you are saying about the lack of value in the certificate, and I agree.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

Death, most likely

Alas... "waking up" is a broad term nowadays and frankly, even not being a complete douche-bag is considered waking up lately

American Indians refusing government's money were already woken up, but the rest of the westerners still enjoy or long for the American dream. When the dream ends abruptly, for a brief time it will be perfect serenity and content, until we are bewitched into the dream yet again. Money is simply a tool used by our evil selves for getting others to join our false Paradise.

I don't worry though, be as it may... I try to use my money for what good I can, constantly suffering from not being really awoken and not enjoying the fake dream either. It's not all that bad and it will get a lot worse.

Kudos to Onnion and to you OP, I really love those guys.

Death lmao
Part about not being a d bag lmao
You are funny SassyCat. Also I like your serious and deep thoughts too. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impro
Alright, I agree with the most part of all this.
I myself, as a young student, plan to just get a nice job in the future, most importantly, enjoy life..
Although money, seems to be the main tool to be used..

Here is my dilema though:
*with a simple example: Traveling the world

Say, I love traveling, sure a few fellow ATS`ers also love, seeing the world and traveling..
Traveling is not free, it cost money, and lots, you need a airplane ticket?
I mean you can attempt a rubber boat, but that probaly failz.
Second, a safe place to sleep? sure its adventerous to try and find a cheap home, but in some foreign countries, you`d just be mugged in your sleep..

Bring me to my second point:
Health, if I or my future family, would get sick, id want the best care for them, this sadly, also cost alot of money, or we will be living the rest of our lives in debt.

These are just two basic main examples, I am sure they are more.

My point is, in some ways, we need money to live life to its fullest.
I agree, money should not be your main mission in life, but its just frustrating, a millionair has not to worry about world-traveling or health-bills, for he gots the money, to cover his ass.

Money is a part of the social structure's sickness and it is something one needs in order to survive , and also in order to thrive. A degree is good to have and gives many business owners a sense of trust that one can complete something which is generally considered difficult. Though having a degree won't mean a thing if there are no jobs available in a collapsed economy.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Money does NOT exist, but the labor we do for it does, its still a form of barter, except we work for I.O.U's. That we can never "cash" in.

So with our labor, we receive more pieces of paper, birth certificate, social security cards, drivers licenses, deeds to our homes and vehicles. What we fail to see is that though our labor gives us more paper, we contract for birth certificates etc, and that means it has more value then money ($).

$ this is a symbol, nothing more. It has no value. We have sold ourselves and our children for $$$.

Peace to you...

And peace to you,

I am interested in what you have said, do you have a direct link to that site? I can't open that pdf, I cut and paste and tried it, but nothing...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Peace to you...

The link, worked for me, perhaps its your internet browser? perhaps another member, can solve the mystery.

Edit: if you cant open it mainly, you can also do it like this:
www.freedomfiles.org > Law Studies> see link, of the book.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Impro]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The Great Money Trick

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Money seriously is the root of all evil. Combined with temptation, life starts to get nasty.

$

Do you know what this symbol represents?

A serpent coiled around a human...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join