It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality in cattle: Related to hormonal imbalance?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
First thing ... WOW! We have a thread on this subject without any trolls.

We need to have an ATS party!

Seriously, I am very impressed.

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by Droogie

Good question. My quess, and that is all it is, is that people who suffer from bipolar disorder have been bipolar for most of their lives before begining treatment. So of course it is going to feel different. Its that and just like alcholism and drug addiction your brain sometimes tries to convince you to drink or take drugs, a bipolar brain will convince the person they dont need their meds.

I believe that if you addressed being bipolar or homosexual in the womb that the person would never have a sense that something is missing or odd. Hope that makes sense and of course it is just a semi educated guess.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by ZuluChaka]

And I don't know if its the person's bipolar brain ... I think it's more just that's how humans are. A cow can't turn around and say 'hey, I think something is off' but we can.

It's similar to how transgender persons and people with hormone disorders can state something is wrong without really knowing. I imagine if people were influenced in the womb eventually there would be some people who would state they find something wrong and request whatever was done to be reversed or similar.

Some people would say it was social pressure by homosexuals or something like that, but really I think for every case of social pressure there's a case of something else.

Mutations/mental disorders and things like this have given some of our greatest voices. To be honest I couldn't imagine a world where Stephen Fry isn't Stephen Fry for example.

I'd like to think the human race could handle these events and decisions, but I know there would be a strong group stating that it's people 'asking to be sick'.

On a side note, do people think this research is worth while? Should we be focusing our efforts elsewhere?

Personally I hope there isn't more important research wasting away because of our fascination with sex.

Well done on a good thread everyone.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Well the research is directed at animals. The goal being to not have homosexual males who will not impregnate females because they would rather have sex with other males. It was costing the farmers, because really a ram or a bull isnt worth much if they arent doing to do with the dudettes

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Not sure why this would even be an issue. From what I understand most cattle farms take this route.

agritech.tnau.ac.in...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Being gay, I hope the scientists don't try to come up with a hormone to "fix me".

Men to me are far better looking naturally and unfortunately, I find that women are totally unattractive.

There are some folks that have a fear of clowns. I'm not saying women are clowns, but they hide themselves with makeup and they look unnatural to me. Plus, the parts just don't do anything for me.

That said , there are absolutely beautiful women out there naturally. But the makeup and dressing ...way turn me off in a big way.

Just my thing. Don't want a cure. I like manly men. No frills, muscular bodies, body hair and natural good looks. Women have to work really hard to look good.

Men just plain look better than women. But I'm gay. What more could you expect.

No offense to women (I loved my female family members), I treat all humans with respect. Well....sometimes not so much on blogs.

Edited to add: This post is proof that homosexuality is a natural phenonmenon. Google bonobos monkeys for proof.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by brilab45]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

The 2006 Endocrine study is free to download at Springerlink.

www.springerlink.com/content/U034783210555761/

The 2010 one is paid/closed-access, but it's now uploaded to ATS media.

files.abovetopsecret.com/files/1da541f8c6c10cb7.pdf

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I lost my son at the age of 12 due to Cystic Fibrosis. I would love to have him back -homosexual, abnormal, whatever - I loved him and would continue to love him anyway that he might be. We are such a non accepting society we want to take supplements and drugs to change what we do not like or want to accept in other people - before they are even born!! Very disturbing to me to know some think this way.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I lost my son at the age of 12 due to Cystic Fibrosis. I would love to have him back -homosexual, abnormal, whatever - I loved him and would continue to love him anyway that he might be. We are such a non accepting society we want to take supplements and drugs to change what we do not like or want to accept in other people - before they are even born!! Very disturbing to me to know some think this way.

My hugest condolences. Nothing can take that pain away. Sorry you have to deal with such a disturbing life experience. Love and peace.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

I do agree with you that the best way to deal with this would not be to make a medicine to change your orientation. Even if it existed it should be like any other medicine and be up to the patient whether they choose to take it or not.

The better way is to introduce the dietary supplements to the mother so that homosexuality isn't even an issue at all. It would never develop in the child/person in the first place, so they would have a natural reaction to be attracted to women.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I am sorry that you lost your son. My condolences.

Dont you think it would be awesome if someone could develop something so that no kid was ever born again wth cystic fibrosis and so they could live?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

Are we going to give out medication for everyone who has personality variations we don't like caused by hormonal mixes? Perhaps we should divert doctors to normalizing skin pigments which are slightly off? Maybe assist people in assuming more correct gender roles?

I
[edit on 14-7-2010 by Pinke]

Pinke , I agree with you that a unified race without all these dfferences would be best for humanity and would eliminate wars and terrorism.

These differences cause strife,hatred and wars all over.If we can elimanate them by medication all the better.These differences serve no purpose except cause trouble.

I would love to live in a world where everyone would be the same.

When I am in bed at night I imagine what my ideal world would be like ,and I yearn in my imagined world that everyone would be the same height and size and all would have golden blonde hair and blue eyes and everyone would be the average height.

No short people,No fat people,No ugly people.No bald people.No Homosexuals.No poor people.

One color race only ,White, as everyone secretly aspires to that color even though they are ashamed to admit it.

In such a world we would have Universal Peace on the Eve of Universal War.

In such a world we would have Universal Peace on the Eve of Universal War.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by nobodysavedme]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Think I've been mostly misunderstood here.

I like the differences. Differences make some good things happen.

As a species if we can't handle difference, then we can't handle the rest of the universe.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Think I've been mostly misunderstood here.

I like the differences. Differences make some good things happen.

As a species if we can't handle difference, then we can't handle the rest of the universe.

The Universe is indifferent to you and me.

Differences make bad things happen. Look at the Real World.

A black family moves into a white neighbourhood.Property prices plummet.White folk are terrified.

No you don't like the differences.Not really.Just imagine if your daughter bought home a black boyfriend.You would feel betrayed and enraged.

Differences only cause problems and hatred and strife.That is why the world is full of problems and hatred.

We should all strive to be Uniform towards a Standard Ideal.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme
We should all strive to be Uniform towards a Standard Ideal.

I think this would be harder to achieve than accepting that people are different. It doesn't sound like you're very comfortable with things you don't quite understand or find acceptable. That's really what's the problem here, and there's need for some serious change in behaviour and attitudes for a lot of people. Diversity isn't something we should escape from or be afraid of, we must learn to accept it or at least be tolerant of it.

To think that all of the worlds problems can be solved by medication, as you suggested in a previous post, is quite frankly naive and dangerous.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
My partner is a different skin colour to me, and I don't think anyone cares that much and the people that do can go jump I guess.

Medicating different will just cause more problems ... albeit if it's very safe and possibly life saving/heavily life altering I don't mind. I just don't think skin colour and sexuality should be the top of our list of things to 'fix'.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

My partner is a different skin colour to me, and I don't think anyone cares that much and the people that do can go jump I guess.

Medicating different will just cause more problems ... albeit if it's very safe and possibly life saving/heavily life altering I don't mind. I just don't think skin colour and sexuality should be the top of our list of things to 'fix'.

Of course people care and think about your mismatch but don't say it your face but behind your back.

For example if your white and he is black they are thinking he is stealing white women and diluting the master white aryan race.

On the other hand if your are black and he is white they are thinking why is he not mating with his own master white aryan superior race.That is how people think.

This Is Reality.

The fact remains differences generate hate and strife and war and therefore we should converge towards a standard ideal man/woman.

Appearances are everything and people hate and fear the unknown and the different.

This fundamental fact cannot be ignored.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by nobodysavedme]

[edit on 21-7-2010 by nobodysavedme]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join