It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pa. dog trapped in hot car honks to alert owner (Wow Story)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

MACUNGIE, Pa. — A veterinarian says a dog trapped in a car on a 90-degree day in eastern Pennsylvania honked the horn until he was rescued. Nancy Soares says the chocolate Labrador was brought to her Macungie (muh-KUHN'-gee) Animal Hospital last month after he had been in the car for about an hour.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e58db251e670.jpg[/atsimg]

She says Max's owner had gone shopping and was unloading packages when she returned but forgot that Max was still in the car. She later heard the horn honking and looked outside several times but saw nothing amiss. Finally, she went outside and saw Max sitting in the driver's seat, honking the horn.

Soares says the owner immediately gave Max cold water to drink and wet him down with towels before rushing him to the clinic. Soares says Max was very warm and panting heavily but had suffered no serious injuries, only heat exhaustion.

Source: www.centredaily.com...

I put this under Fragile Earth as this story reminded me how closely inter-wooven all life really is. The special ones are the ones that develope between humans and dogs.

A little time in a locked car almost ended this poor animals life. Some careless thinking by one who was the only one the dog could count on. Well, you expand that to the atmosphere and how all the animals depend on it to be working properly and cleanly.

Well, this story made think of things on a larger scale-the whole global warming thing. All these animals on this planet-depending on us to make the right decisions (and they don't even know it-I don't think).

Hmmmm. I had a tender moment. I guess a story can do that to one every once in a while.

[edit on 7/14/2010 by anon72]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
That's nice, I do agree with you, that the many shades of emotion are experienced by many animals.

Sometimes if you are sitting with an animal or looking at a wild animal or lizard or bird, you feel a sudden overwhelming sense of relationship, and that you and the animal both understand that you do not understand the meaning, just that you are friends. At least in a sense. I think we could hang out with wild beasts but they are too scared, of something.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by depth om]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

you and the animal both understand that you do not understand the meaning, just that you are friends. At least in a sense. I think we could hang out with wild beasts but they are too scared, of something.

In an odd way, that is what I am trying to say. Exactly. Star for you.

It is weird how that happens but that is soooo true. Happened to me years ago while hunting. I happened upon a nice, large round flat boulder. Sitting there, about an hour later, I see a big buck coming through the early moring fog-via the brush. He stopped, looked right at me and just stared. I stared back, gun not aimed at all, and that feeling came over me.

I purposely moved fast and sent him off a running. I never hunted after that.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I purposely moved fast and sent him off a running. I never hunted after that.

Although I don't hunt myself, I have no problem with people hunting for game. It's when it is just sport that I have a problem with. Venison is quite tasty when killed correctly.

On the topic. That's one smart Lab. I know they are smart dogs (my sister has a blond) but good going. To know that the horn would get the attention of someone just shows how smart some creatures are.

top topics

join