It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building Mosque On Site of Ground Zero.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Just saw this mentioned and reviewed on HLN (Headline News) roughly 10 minutes ago.

Full story can be read here: www.cnn.com...

A simple Google search will reveal entries from the NY Times, Fox News, Boston Globe and many others.

Apparently, this Mosque building has substantial political backing, regardless of public opinion. So my question to the 9/11 Truthers is whether or not they support the building of a Mosque on the Ground Zero site. For Truthers one would think that they wouldn't have any objection to this course of action because afterall they believe that it was the Government that brought down the towers, rather than Muslims as mentioned in the official story.

However, while I do not necessarily buy the OS, I do not support the building.

Thoughts?

[edit on 7/14/2010 by agent violet]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
To be fair mate, a simple ATS search would have told you that this is an old story and that it's been widely discussed on many threads.

Just a heads up

Edit: WTF!! You got staff scrutiny after zero responses! Good work there OP!

[edit on 14-7-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Granted this has indeed been brought up, quite some time ago as I am aware. However this thread is to discuss the opinion of truthers and whether they support with the building or not. I think that there is a great amount of discussion that can be fulfilled by posing the questions I listed in my OP.

With that said, nik1halo why did you bother posting on my thread if you weren't even going to contribute your opinion?

Cheers

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

" Building Mosque On Site of Ground Zero. "

On-Site ........ ?

That`s a little misleading is it not ?

===============================================

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by agent violet

" Building Mosque On Site of Ground Zero. "

On-Site ........ ?

That`s a little misleading is it not ?

===============================================

No i think it fits the picture just right.
after all when can we build chruchs in Saudi Arabia? i mean its only fair.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

That information was relayed as I had read the following at the link I supplied in the OP:

Earlier this month, a community board said the 157-year-old building at the site wasn't architecturally significant enough to landmark.

Those pushing for the landmark status are opposed to the mosque at the site where the twin towers of the World Trade Center were destroyed by Islamist hijackers on September 11, 2001.

As you can clearly see they regard it as "the site ...where the towers were destroyed"

Opinion as to supporting this movement or not?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

No i think it fits the picture just right.
after all when can we build chruchs in Saudi Arabia? i mean its only fair.

What has Saudi Arabia have to do with a building in the U.S.A, to be utilized by presumably American citizens , citizens afforded the same rights as you .

=================================================

Are you suggesting that America should mimic the cultural homogeneity witnessed in some Eastern countries ?

Such thoughts surely run contrary to the very ideals on which your nation was founded.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I do also in a way...

And I am thrilled to see what stance the 9/11 Truthers on this site choose. Puts them in quite a predicament if you ask me

Then again, maybe not...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Surely what it has to do with it, is that the hijackers and terrorists who made an unprovoked attack on the US, in the name of Allah, and hence followers of the Muslim religion and doctrine (at least according to the OS), are now attempting to build a worship place of that same religion at the site of their previous attack.

I truly doubt that Eastern countries of Iraq and Afghanistan would support the US building Christian and Catholic worship places at the site of previous places which they have bombed.

And that is what I think Agent_USA_Supporter was attempting to convey. Opinions?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Even if the official story is true, this doesnt bother me. Muslim does not = terrorist lol. Im not racist, so its the same to me as if they were building a church or synagogue, I could care less what religion.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet

Surely what it has to do with it, is that the hijackers and terrorists who made an unprovoked attack on the US, in the name of Allah, and hence followers of the Muslim religion and doctrine (at least according to the OS), are now attempting to build a worship place of that same religion at the site of their previous attack.

I truly doubt that Eastern countries of Iraq and Afghanistan would support the US building Christian and Catholic worship places at the site of previous places which they have bombed.

And that is what I think Agent_USA_Supporter was attempting to convey. Opinions?

The attacks were politically motivated, not religiously motivated. Besides racism, I dont see why the issue of religion is brought up when talking about the attacks of 9/11. What if Christians did it for political reasons, would we blame it on Christianity or their politics?

[edit on 14-7-2010 by CREAM]

link   

Originally posted by agent violet
Granted this has indeed been brought up, quite some time ago as I am aware. However this thread is to discuss the opinion of truthers and whether they support with the building or not. I think that there is a great amount of discussion that can be fulfilled by posing the questions I listed in my OP.

With that said, nik1halo why did you bother posting on my thread if you weren't even going to contribute your opinion?

Cheers

Seriously, have a look here what you speak of really has been discussed extensively.

I seem to remember people getting confused because they thought that a Muslim was a terrorist and thus became insulted. I think they thought a mosque was a place to worship terrorism rather than religion... which in the free states of America you should be free to do - any religion, not just Christianity.

I blame the media for making the people think these falsehoods, not the people themselves.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by and14263]

link   
The subject has indeed been covered numerous times. Please add any comments to the existing threads, like this one...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or any one of these...

Ground zero mosque

Thread closed.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Let's stick to the topic - What do the truthers think about a Mosque being built in the vicinity of ground zero. Close to the memorial etc.

As a NYC resident, who witnessed that day first hand, live, in the flesh, and as someone who believes this act was perpetrated by Islamic Fundamentalists, aided by the inept intelligence divisions of this fine nation, I'm on the fence with regards to the Mosque.

You can't blame the entire religion for the acts of the fanatical. You can't punish the faith for the acts of a very small percentage of their followers.

Part of me feels that, by allowing the Mosque to be built, we are making a statement, telling the world that, regardless of the acts of a few, we will not become a nation of hatred, we will not discriminate against them.

Part of me feels that, by allowing the Mosque, we will be putting a building in the area that might result in more safety as the destruction of a Mosque might deter future terrorists (I know, there have been Mosque attacks before but, still, it might deter).

Part of me thinks that, if that Mosque is built, we will have it closely monitored via all kinds of intel and, therefore, it might serve as a valuable resource for uncovering future attacks before they happen.

And part of me, the part that hears my friends' names read each year at the memorial service, thinks that they shouldn't build another Mosque in this country for 2,976 years. One for each victim.

Fortunately, the others outweigh the anger

top topics

join