It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Legalize/Not To Legalize Marijuana ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
DA Robert Morgenthau went on the Montel Williams talk show to express his support for the legalizing for marijuana for medical reasons in New York.

I beleive, if memory serves me right, California legalized it for medical use some years ago, among a few other states.
Why doesn't the Gov., just put it into law for all states? Wouldn't it be more logical to just make it legal for all States, instead of each State having to fight to get it legalized for medical use as long as it's prescribed through a doctor and dispensed from a drug store ?

By SAMUEL MAULL
Associated Press Writer

June 15, 2004, 3:43 PM EDT

NEW YORK -- Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau joined television talk show host Montel Williams on Tuesday in expressing support for the legalization of marijuana for medical uses in New York.

www.nynewsday.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Legalise Marajuana hey?

Have you ever had paranoia before?
Around your friends?
Everyday?

Have you heard of skitzophrenia?
Psychosis?

THEY ARE NOT FUN! THEY ARE NOT FUNNY! THEY ARE ILLNESSES CAUSED BY MARAJUANA!

Reasons not to legalise.

If you've never felt or seen first hand those effects, illnesses, then you have no right to vote for or against marajuana.

Paranoia is evil.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Ok, it is getting to the stage where most governments in the west have to face the fact that they cannot arrest people for smoking pot. So many people enjoy smoking the herb and do it without causing harm to anyone. You cannot lock up thousands and thousands of people?

At the end of the day we all have a choice as to what we do to our bodies. We should be able to the make the choice, it's only consuming a herb! People should be protesting against the fact that ciggerettes are legal and they kill thousands every day.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
gee DerRage....you sure sound RAGING mad at pot.......

From where I stand it does WAY less damadge than alcohol....wich allready IS leagal....

drunks are violent, where stoners are mellow!

Drunk drivers kill, where stoned drivers are so paranoid as to be extra causious.(scared to speed)

I think stoners eat more...where drunks are more likely to puke

Drunks get all loud and obnoxious, where stoners just turn the music up loud and obnoxious.

I cant figure for the life of me WHY pot is a NO NO but drinking is AOK.
I guess I will never understand that one
:

Ive never heard before that pot causes scitzophrenea......you got a link for that? I would be interested in reading about this if you dont mind....

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   

At the end of the day we all have a choice as to what we do to our bodies. We should be able to the make the choice, it's only consuming a herb! People should be protesting against the fact that ciggerettes are legal and they kill thousands every day.
Agreed , although driving under the influence shoul be treated like booze . Chain smokers can hoover a couple packs a day , and the damage to our health system is contributed to a great deal by something that has no benefeicial qualities . I don't think pot can cause schitzophrenia , it may agravate a person who already has a chemical imbalance but we would have millions of people in institutions if it did . I also think the paranoia may be exageratted by the fact that pot is still illegal for social use . BOO (who said that , is it a bust..hide the stuff , I want the Ben and Jerrys with the chocholate coated pretzles , and a jar of honey roasted Skippy)

No one should be persecuted for relaxing in their own home on their own time , in their own way....

Daves not here man....

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I have never known marijuana to cause any of the effects that you had listed, DaRage, oh wait, yes I have, but only if it had been dusted-down with "angel-dust" or some other illegal chemical. Alcohol consumption has caused more deaths, cigarette's is another killer, but I've never known marijuana or heard of it killing anyone when it's only the "herb" it's self.
Marijuana has been known to help people with incurable diseases, it's used in treatment for people with certain types of cancer that their dying from to ease the terrible pain and suffering .

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
everybody must get stoned !

(well at least once a month)

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by oddtodd
although driving under the influence shoul be treated like booze .

I'm not sure, I saw a program that tested the effects beinge stoned had on your driving. After as many as 4 joints the test subject drove the same if not better than he did whilst sober. You are a little bit more paranoid and thus I suppose you drive more cautiously.

I don't think pot can cause schitzophrenia , it may agravate a person who already has a chemical imbalance but we would have millions of people in institutions if it did . I also think the paranoia may be exageratted by the fact that pot is still illegal for social use . No one should be persecuted for relaxing in their own home on their own time , in their own way....

I concour entirely here, pot does not make people mentally ill, it does not give people schitzophrenia, but it can aggrevate problems that people may have or cause problems for people who are suseptable to mental illness. I think that you may be right about the paranoia being exageratted by social setting, it being illegal and all. Good thoughts.

I agree

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

Originally posted by oddtodd
although driving under the influence shoul be treated like booze .

I'm not sure, I saw a program that tested the effects beinge stoned had on your driving. After as many as 4 joints the test subject drove the same if not better than he did whilst sober. You are a little bit more paranoid and thus I suppose you drive more cautiously.

Well , being deeply relaxed can be an imparement , you do need all your wits about you behind the wheel , or when operating sharp spinning objects like saws and ninja throwing stars . WHERE ARE MY PRETZLES DAMMIT !!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Locked, This has been discussed over and over here on ATS use the search and Add to a exsisting thread.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by asala]

new topics

top topics

join