It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xenophobic pamphlet circulating - Police do nothing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Xenophobic pamphlet circulating - Police do nothing

www.news24.com

Cape Town - Western Cape police say they can do nothing about a xenophobic pamphlet handed out in the province, rallying a community to "fight for what belongs to us" on a specified date - as its source of origin is unknown.

"It needs to be a threat from one person to another. We don't know where it comes from," spokesperson Colonel Billy Jones told News24.

The pamphlet reads: "Things are getting tough here in South Africa, so I appeal to every residents (sic) ... to join hands together to drive foreigners out of our country.

"Truth is our government is no longer able to take c
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This is just crazy, so in other words people can organize crime just as long as they dont know the source of it.....

What is this world coming to, they should put a stop to this as soon as possible and arrest the people handing out pamphlets.

I really hope that this does not escalate as South Africa is really doing well at the moment and does not need this renewed violence, but then again Government should step in and sort out all the foreigners stealing locals jobs

www.news24.com

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
There's a lot of police not enforcing laws lately.

This clearly falls foul of our "hate speech" and "incitement to violence" laws.

The impression i'm getting, is that the cops are trying to play down each and every report, essentially sticking their heads in the sand.

Even the media are referring to it as "media driven hype" .. when it most clearly, isn't.

A malawian was found dead (i can't find the link now, read this morning on news24) with his genitals cut off. That's a pretty clear signal, we want neither you nor your offspring here.

EDIT: found IOL ink: www.iol.co.za... 9096705797D152

[edit on 14-7-2010 by harryhaller]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Maybe the cops would like the foreigners to leave as well. This would mean that there will be more jobs for South Africans and hopefully bring down the crime rate.

We all know the cops are under-staffed so it might be a valid reason for them to stand back and let things escalate.

Then again we do see the cops getting heavily involved on TV stopping the riots and violence of these xenophobic attacks... so who knows

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake

This is just crazy, so in other words people can organize crime just as long as they dont know the source of it.....

What is this world coming to, they should put a stop to this as soon as possible and arrest the people handing out pamphlets.

I really hope that this does not escalate as South Africa is really doing well at the moment and does not need this renewed violence, but then again Government should step in and sort out all the foreigners stealing locals jobs

www.news24.com

"the govt should step in" is exactly why we're slaves now. stealing local jobs? i am a free man. period. i can go anywhere in the world and get any job as long as i'm qualified. i stole my current job from those before me, so did you. but we didnt steal them perse, those before us were bested.

i'm against xenophobia. i'm for freedom. i agree with you somewhat, but you sound hypocritical saying youre against xenophobia and foreigners should quit stealing jobs. total oxymoron.

foreigners not that bad of a band lol

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

You're thread title is misleading, it should read - Cops' hands tied on xeno pamphlet - the same as it does in the article.

"It needs to be a threat from one person to another. We don't know where it comes from," spokesperson Colonel Billy Jones told News24.

www.news24.com...

I don't see how they can really do much of anything if they don't know who's responsible. Have they actually caught anyone in the process of handing out the pamphlets ?

Yep that's basically they way it works all over the world, you can do just about anything you want as long as no one knows you're the one doing it. Realistically how can they put a stop to something if they don't know who's doing it ? Hopefully since this problem has gotten media attention the violence that they advocate won't happen.

Good luck on getting rid of the foreigners that are taking your jobs, it's going on all over the world and nobody's government seems to be doing anything about it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Smells like free speech to me. There's no reason that religious missionaries should be allowed to hand out pamphlets and try to get people to join them while the citizenry have to put up with government oppression without the ability to try to get some support for their cause. Hell, I'd support them.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mav0360

There is a difference.

This is about illegals, whom do not qualify at most levels taking jobs from those who do. They work for next to nothing and then go robbing, stealing, hijacking, raping etc.

If you do not live in South Africa you cannot comprehend our situation. Take jobs away from people, the the crap will hit the fan, and our loved ones live here. That is what count.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Ah...so similar to the situation in the U.S. then. Only here if you're against illegal immigration, you're immediately labeled as racist and not so much xenophobic.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You could not have smacked the nail any harder or more straight on the head. So true.

I have no issue, no issue at all when an immigrant have that what is truly needed to earn a job and live as any respectable person should. Bloody hell, i wish!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
reply to post by mav0360

There is a difference.

This is about illegals, whom do not qualify at most levels taking jobs from those who do. They work for next to nothing and then go robbing, stealing, hijacking, raping etc.

If you do not live in South Africa you cannot comprehend our situation. Take jobs away from people, the the crap will hit the fan, and our loved ones live here. That is what count.

The same dynamic is hitting the USA now and will fully manifest itself this fall. When will Nations learn they need to take care of their Citizens FIRST?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
so i'm not free and i can't go anywhere and do anything? hmmm. we wont see eye to eye on this i already know.

go somewhere where they WILL hire you. when i lose my job to someone cheaper or better than me, i dont cry about it. i go work somewhere else.

you dont think its happening in america? yeah it is. am i being defeated like you? nope. cause i shut the heck up and go do a job i hate. this is the way the world is. all our currencies are at different values, and since its not based on gold anymore, its all fake. the stealing of jobs by cheaper employees is the currency being fixed by parallel and inter/extra social evolution. you complaining about it is fascisms roots in your brain keeping hold.

do you really think our money is worth n and yours is worth x? its one of the biggest lies ever.

but you tried to get me off topic. funnily your post wasnt deleted though from trolling.

heres the topic.

xenophobia is wrong. free speech is right. free speech about xenophobia is something police dont wanna deal with, so even if they know who it is, they wont arrest them. plus war makes money, so its likely the police want it all to happen. its waaaay deeper than you think. youre just playing the role you were told to play, just like all of us.

i wouldnt worry about xenophobes. you should worry about "your" government

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mav0360

I am talking about illegals NOT ONLY taking jobs from citizens (as anyone will try get another job) but the crimes these people commit. I said nothing about your money or our money not being the same, or whatever. I said that if someone who is a legal immigrant with the necessary qualifications and they get a job that i DO NOT HAVE any problem with that, i welcome it.

Am i understanding correctly that you called me a troll?

I know you are not saying it's fine for people to jump borders to take the income of citizens and to top it all to steal, rob, kill, rape etc. As You said "qualified" in your first post and i was saying but this is a different story in Safrica. These
"guys" here are illegal, and these xenophobic attacks are a retaliation from Safrican blacks on other African blacks, and the reasons are that Safrican blacks not only lose their jobs but suffer crime as well.

You are free, totally. Yet, before you go and work in another country you would do all which is needed to go and work in the specific country. You will make sure you enter legally or sort it out asap. And you won't go around robbing, raping etc. This ain't happening here in S.Africa.

Btw, we have loads of immigrants working here, i work with a few on a daily basis... a Brit, Dutchman and a Kenyan are management over a couple of hundred South Africans and no problem. They take home big bucks and they deserve it, cause they are qualified and legal.

Any country should look after their own first (as said above) and by that the people will look after others.

Family first, because that man who jumped border will kill your family for his own.

I did not derail you in any way other than to say you do not know what is happening here other than seeing or reading the news. Safricans get to speak with the township people everyday of our lives. I have heard and seen shocking things with these African illegals. The worst crime syndicates caught thus far are not from South Africa but from the bordering countries.

Have you checked stats on our crime rate? The rapes and murders?

This headline of the OP all comes down to this what i said in my reply to you, which is a fact. I am trying to tell everyone what goes on behind the xenophobic issue. It is not about jobs alone but for ones life as well.

Cheers.

[edit on 7/14/2010 by qonone]

[edit on 7/14/2010 by qonone]

new topics

top topics

join