It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[BBOT] Infinite hope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
>Please read with intent

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

This is a good story and well written.
Good luck with the contest.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Thanks mamabeth

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

With an inattentive stare the young barista peered over the pristine lagoon as she frothed a fresh jug of steaming milk for another creamy cappuccino. It was winter in season, which scarcely means anything in the tropics, although in this place the air was always modestly crisper. The lagoon sang and vibrated with abundance as loved ones lounged on the deck at the café above, absorbing the natural wonders that enveloped them, joking and conversing over fresh frappes and gourmet cuisine. Whistling ducks fed amongst the waterlilies and sunbirds darted playfully through the java shower trees; the water welcomingly glistened with warmth in the western sunlight.

This is really descriptive and well written. A very good lesson in here as well about what we, as a people, choose to address and choose to ignore. I was very moved by this pretty_vacant. I loved it really and felt like I was there enjoying the serenity of the lagoon one moment and then terrified as I was transported in the nightmare to the shore of the gulf. Great job my friend.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Thanks so much for the feeback jack

This is my favourite verse in the entire piece and is the most though-out. I'm really glad that it captured yor attention like you mentioned; that was its aim after all.
When I'm writing I love nothing more than to capture a moment.
I think it's the most beautiful thing to express in any art form.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Double

[edit on 15/7/10 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Good read and interesting perspective.
Well done.

new topics

top topics

join