It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam the LAST HOPE FOR PEACE!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
OK so I went through the thread hoping to find a reply to the OP but what I found was a bunch of Atheist, Agnostics, Christians etc who all jumped in to conclusion without even understanding the OP.

MOST said, "well religion can't bring peace".

Some said, "Hey, Relax, Islam can't bring peace".

Then Some more Said, "Any Religion which it claims it is right and everyone else is wrong, can't bring peace".

Only one person I suspect actually read the OP so I'll reply to him, I incourage the rest to do the same, although he read it, he didn't understand :shk:

I guess there is a reason why this was moved to BTS, a bunch of

Judaism predates your
by a couple thousand years at least. Christianity by a solid 500 plus.

Do you even get what I meant by one GOD? No time in history of man did the whole humanity believe in one GOD? Think before you speak, in ATS terms research before you write.

Even at the time of Judaism, the non-Jews believed in different GODS, this is a historical fact, that means the whole of man kind didn't believe in one GOD.

Why do I even bother, even the MOD sounds ignorant lol

I might go crazy in BTS

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Aisha was betrothed to someone else but Mohammed became enchanted by her.
She was 6 years old.
Mohammed proceeded to exert his influence on Abu Bakr who was an ally of his.
He persuaded Abu Bakr that it would solidify their friendship and alliance if they were united by marriage.
So Mohaamed married Aisha when she was 6 years old.
He did not consumate the marriage until she was 9 years old, until then he satisfied himself by 'thighing' her.

Mohammed was very considerate to Aisha as she was his only virgin bride and he let her continue playing with her toys after their marriage was consumated.

Uh I read your other post but still.

No it was Abu-Bakr who wanted Muhammed to marry Aisha not Muhammed wanting to marry Aisha.

Nope no intercourse.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

That my friend depends who is doing the defining.

If you don't want your religion defined by the actions of a significant part of the members that are murderous, bloodthirsty whackadoodles......

then maybe you need to clean up your house!

Ohh jeez, do you even know what you are talking about?

I already said who defines a Muslim, and it is surely not you, nor the supposed Muslims who are murderous, bloodthirsty and whackadoodles.

The Quran defines a Muslim, go pick it up, it explicitly defines a Muslim. And it surely doesn't say be a murderer, bloodthirsty whakadoodles.

WOW, :bash:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Sorry gem_man, but when you make a claim, you have to back it up:

I do take a few exceptions with Islam in that it deprives it's adherants of free will. A muslim woman does not have free will to marry outside of her religion, under penalty of death.

Bring me a verse from the Quran which backs the claim up.

Keeping this in mind go ahead:
- Islam is the nation,
- Quran is the constitution,
- Muslim is the citizen.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I can think of no greater waste of time than to sit around contemplating such childish thoughts and believing that I have somehow accomplished something in the process. Seriously, it really is a childish exercise, something you might do in the third grade.

Do you really need a ready-made text and philosophy to live your life? It smacks of such weakness that all I can picture is a helpless child.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend, but if you have to justify your G-d, then you have a very weak case to begin with.

Did you read the OP?

Did you understand the OP?

Do you really need a ready-made text and philosophy to live your life? It smacks of such weakness that all I can picture is a helpless child.

Is that argument argument? Quran is a book of philosophy now lol? and I suspect you believe the people of the past were somehow stupider than you, or at least had less understand of the universe than you? But the book wasn't written by them, GOD sent us the book to warn us, and to guide us. And the evidence of this book is within the book, read the OP again, this time carefully.

When you can't even reply to what I wrote, makes you sound childish for even replying

It seems you either didn't get it, or didn't read it/

Why didn't you instead post which part of the OP you didn't get? or which idea? I could have answered your question, I was the one who wrote it.

It is not CNN where the author can't be reached, this is BTS, I can clarify.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Of course they had intercourse!

He was a normal human being.

Mohammed married many times, some of his wives were widowed Muslims whose husbands had died in battle for Mohammed and other's he married for political reasons.

It is generally believed that he treat his wives well and often debatedand discussed matters of importance with them, quite different to thepopular image and from the way followers of his religion would treat women.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Of course they had intercourse!

He was a normal human being.

Mohammed married many times, some of his wives were widowed Muslims whose husbands had died in battle for Mohammed and other's he married for political reasons.

It is generally believed that he treat his wives well and often debatedand discussed matters of importance with them, quite different to thepopular image and from the way followers of his religion would treat women.

This is why I called you a damn troll, because you are taking the subject off topic, and when you even do that your lack of understand and your lack of knowledge in regards never seems to amaze me.

IF you want to look at the age of Aisha historically then you should at least do a damn research.

If you analyze the important historical times of Islam you can come to the conclusion that Aisha was at least 17-18 years old when married.

Here there is another critical piece of information. The age difference between Aisha and her sister Asma was 10 years [26]. According to this, Aisha’s year of birth was 605 (595+10=605) and her age at the time of the Hijra was 17 (27-10=17). Since her marriage took place six, seven or eight months after the Hijra, or just after Badr [27], this means Aisha was 17-18 years old at that time.

When you make a historical claim, for GOD sakes, take history in to notice. That is like talking about what I said, then not even taking me in to consideration.

NExt time you take this off topic at least talk about something you know a lot so we can have a good discussion.

Let's talk about the killing of infidels, I bet FOX news thought you that very well, go ahead, you start, I give the privilege.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The slight aside about Aisha was in response to another member who had posted some erronous facts.

You must be the only person in the world who believes that rubbish you posted about Aisha.

Nearly every single source I have read gives 9 years old as the age at which her marriage was consumated, some give 10 years old.
It was common practice in the Arabic society then; women were expected to start breeding as soon as they could.

Anyone can write something without providing a link to the source.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Is that argument argument? Quran is a book of philosophy now lol? and I suspect you believe the people of the past were somehow stupider than you, or at least had less understand of the universe than you? But the book wasn't written by them, GOD sent us the book to warn us, and to guide us. And the evidence of this book is within the book, read the OP again, this time carefully.

When you can't even reply to what I wrote, makes you sound childish for even replying

It seems you either didn't get it, or didn't read it/

Why didn't you instead post which part of the OP you didn't get? or which idea? I could have answered your question, I was the one who wrote it.

It is not CNN where the author can't be reached, this is BTS, I can clarify.

I'm not going to spend a lot of energy in a pointless argument that has the potential of turning nasty. I will just say that if religion had not been invented, 99.9% of zealots would be seeking a Pied Piper to follow around, as a substitute. And there would be a ton of posers ready to take advantage of the sheep. It's part of basic human weakness.

In the past, people thought that fire was sent down by gods from the skies. There may still be some who believe that. Most of mankind has moved forward. Religion will suffer the same fate one day.

You believe that your life should be guided by a book. That's somewhat understandable. But when you say that GOD sent the book to us, that is where we differ in beliefs. Good luck in your quest. This is a good point to end this conversation.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Do you even understand what the sources are saying? Do you understand what a Hadith is, and how it was passed on, and how it was recorded, how do you judge a credibility of a Hadith.

If history goes against the Hadith then its credibility is mute:
www.todayszaman.com...

Waste

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Do you even understand what the sources are saying? Do you understand what a Hadith is, and how it was passed on, and how it was recorded, how do you judge a credibility of a Hadith.

If history goes against the Hadith then its credibility is mute:
www.todayszaman.com...

Waste

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by oozyism

In the past, people thought that fire was sent down by gods from the skies. There may still be some who believe that. Most of mankind has moved forward. Religion will suffer the same fate one day.

You believe that your life should be guided by a book. That's somewhat understandable. But when you say that GOD sent the book to us, that is where we differ in beliefs. Good luck in your quest. This is a good point to end this conversation.

Actually the "evidence" does indeed show that burning sulphur has fallen from the sky. Even weirder, its claimed that the sulphur found, in what is assumed to be Soddom or Gomorah, has a purity-level of 98% wich cannot be found or made here on earth ATM. quite interesting stuff..

www.youtube.com...

As for the discussion wich SHOULD be taking place here.... I dont think the Islam is our last ditch hope to achieve piece. I believe that every religion as a whole shows its worth by their reputation... and well.. The Islam has a BAD reputation. Christianity has a bad reputation as well though... There are very few religions who define themselves as different from mainstream who enjoy a decent reputation. A religion Preaching peace should also LIVE peace. Islam has its different branches who wage war and the Qu'ran directly commands to kill infidels, Christianity as a whole has made a habit of supporting the war-going soldiers and they've got their hands in the war-economy... this happens while both books proclaim love and peace??

How many religions are out there truly aboloshing violence from their midst? those are the qualities one should look for when looking for a way to achieve peace...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
OK so I went through the thread hoping to find a reply to the OP but what I found was a bunch of Atheist, Agnostics, Christians etc who all jumped in to conclusion without even understanding the OP.

MOST said, "well religion can't bring peace".

Some said, "Hey, Relax, Islam can't bring peace".

Then Some more Said, "Any Religion which it claims it is right and everyone else is wrong, can't bring peace".

Only one person I suspect actually read the OP so I'll reply to him, I incourage the rest to do the same, although he read it, he didn't understand :shk:

I guess there is a reason why this was moved to BTS, a bunch of

Judaism predates your
by a couple thousand years at least. Christianity by a solid 500 plus.

Do you even get what I meant by one GOD? No time in history of man did the whole humanity believe in one GOD? Think before you speak, in ATS terms research before you write.

Even at the time of Judaism, the non-Jews believed in different GODS, this is a historical fact, that means the whole of man kind didn't believe in one GOD.

Why do I even bother, even the MOD sounds ignorant lol

I might go crazy in BTS

What part of Judaism and Christianity predating islam in monotheism do you not understand?

I dont give a rats butt about polytheists at the time as they are not my argument.

Defend your point.

Did Judaism predate islam in monotheism or not?

BTW,

I'm Gnostic.

[edit on 15/7/10 by felonius]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.-Zech14.9

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.-James2.19

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.-John14.6

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace WITH God through our Lord Jesus Christ-Rom5.1

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.-Matt28.18

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.-1John2.22

one night after putting down the Colt and picking up a small green Gideon NT that a woman had left on the counter a few days earlier and as soon as I had begun to open the cover an AUDIBLE voice as if sitting on my left said-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish-AWESTRUCK(not being raised churched or knowing the scriptures) I stood to my feet turned towards the voice and said Yes Lord-

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.-2Cor5.14

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."-Acts4.12

For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."-Acts17.31

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."-John20.29

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join