It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam the LAST HOPE FOR PEACE!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

You are correct he married a 9 year old girl after being begged to marry her. I was not there so I do not know if he treated her with respect or if he consumated there marriage... Do you?

Also He could read and write he was from a merchant family....

[edit on 14-7-2010 by poedxsoldiervet]

No he couldn't read or write. Muhammed was an orphan.

YesI do know, he did treat her with great respect, they didn't engage in intercourse.(Sexual intercourse)

If you want to learn more check the hadith.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Another "Love me I'm muzzie" thread.

Not another time in history has only one god been worshiped?

Really?

Judaism predates your
by a couple thousand years at least. Christianity by a solid 500 plus.

Religion of peace again.
"Excuse me while I behead you peacefully".

When you guys can have a reformation and act like a human, then we MIGHT consider you guys human. Until then, my dogs are more civilized AND I know what to expect from them.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by Michael Cecil

What a load! Mohammed was not Elija at all, not even close. For Mohammed is the false prophet mentioned in the book of revelation and islams Mahdi will be the final antichrist, so who does that make Allah?
Thats right The great deceiver as mentioned in the quran SATAN!!!

How wrong you are..

TELL ME WHERE IN THE QUR'AN DOES THERE MENTION ANOTHER PROPHET AFTER MUHAMMED?

OH RIGHT THERE IS NO OTHER PROPHET AFTER MUHAMMED.

MUHAMMED IS THE SAME PROPHET WHO FITS THE TIME FRAME OF ALL OTHER PROPHETS AS STATED IN THE QUR'AN.

YES EVERY 600 YEARS THERE WAS ANOTHER PROPHET.

AND YES JESUS WAS A PROPHET. JESUS IN THE QUR'AN IS KNOWN AS PROPHET ISSA. BUT HE WAS A PROPHET NOTHING ELSE NOTHING MORE.

AND WHAT HAPPENED YEAH 600 YEARS AFTER HIM CAME MUHAMMED.

AGAIN FITTING THE TIME FRAME FOR ALL OTHER PROPHETS.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

You are correct he married a 9 year old girl after being begged to marry her. I was not there so I do not know if he treated her with respect or if he consumated there marriage... Do you?

Also He could read and write he was from a merchant family....

[edit on 14-7-2010 by poedxsoldiervet]

No he couldn't read or write. Muhammed was an orphan.

YesI do know, he did treat her with great respect, they didn't engage in intercourse.(Sexual intercourse)

If you want to learn more check the hadith.

So you're tellin me a guy willing to marry a 9 year old (ok he was pushed by the girls dad to marry her at age 6, wich is sick enough to begin with) would not touch her? so he hangs out with a pedophile, then reluctantly after 3 years decides he'll become a pedophile on paper instead of teaching his wife's dad that the kid needs more time to grow up? great role-model you're describing here...

seriously instead of objectively discussing pro's and con's, all I see happening here is a bad attempt at some decent PR for the Qu'ran.
I posted some questions for wich I seriously want an honest openminded answer but thats ignored... instead the posts receiving responses are the ones talking bad about Muhammed? What was the goal of this thread?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
The answer to this is actually quite logical. Take into consideration that the ham-question in essence revolves around the matter of free will. people need to freely choose who they wanna worship or their sacrifice/offering (worship in this case, not animalsacrifice) is worth nothing to god.

But even Free Will is pointless because God would know our decision before it is even given to us. Therefore, what is the purpose of Free Will? Let's not beat around the bush here: if this is true, Free Will is needed so that an inherently jealous God can feel loved by giving His creations the false illusion of choice...

What do you think would happen if all of a sudden you'd have this voice come out of nowhere starting to educate you about these matters, heck throw in some wonders like a fiery heaven and some sick people being cured...

People would be in awe and they'd follow the voice wich made the biggest spectacle of things. even nowadays the person able to rile up the crowds the best is the one elected for president. God doesn't wanna convince people to worship him by impressing them. he wants us to freely choose without him or any other impressing happening to influence our desicion..

Hmm, He wants us to believe in Him and worship Him but he does not want to impress us? In essence you are saying that God gave us Free Will so that we would ultimately choose Him and His ways? Can you see the contradiction there?

[edit on 14/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

How wrong you are..

MUHAMMED IS THE SAME PROPHET WHO FITS THE TIME FRAME OF ALL OTHER PROPHETS AS STATED IN THE QUR'AN.

AND YES JESUS WAS A PROPHET. JESUS IN THE QUR'AN IS KNOWN AS PROPHET ISSA. BUT HE WAS A PROPHET NOTHING ELSE NOTHING MORE.

If Muhammad was the Final Prophet, why has Judgement Day not come? Why has there been no End Days since his death?

If Muhammad was not the Final Profit, then where is the profit that was meant to appear 600 years after his death, and the one 600 years after his death?

[edit on 14/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
ANY religion (including Islam, Christianity, etc.) that claims IT is right, and others are wrong, can NEVER be a religion of peace.... Non-believers will always be looked at as second-class or worse, infidels to be slain (or converted).

Without equality, there cannot be peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

But even Free Will is pointless because God would know our decision before it is even given to us. Therefore, what is the purpose of Free Will? Let's not beat around the bush here: if this is true, Free Will is needed so that an inherently jealous God can feel loved by giving His creations the illusion of choice.

Using the bible I could show you JHWH actually uses his "foresight" selectively. He chooses not to know what our decisions will be. If you're interested in scriptural proof I'll give it but for the sake of not angering to many muslims here I wont right now (get the feeling they're quite fanatical today).

Hmm, He wants us to believe in Him and worship Him but he does not want to impress us? In essence you are saying that God gave us Free Will so that we would ultimately choose Him and His ways? Can you see the contradiction there?

Hehehe... exactly what I said numerous times... It would be so much easier if he just gave us some miracles to proof he really is the one we should follow. To understand (a little better) You should read up on the story of Job. That story describes in miniature what is happening today and also gives a clear reason why god chooses not to convince us using his power. God is in a conflict with Satan. Satan says that the only reason Job worships god is cause god pampers him. so god gives Satan the oportunity to test Job. God takes away his blessing (a paralel can be drawn to today, god gives us no miracles as proof) and god allows satan to hit Job with some "bad luck" to see if Job wont curse at god for his own misfortune. At 1 side Job's story proves that it IS possible to have faith and love god without god "earning" it. on the other side it showed god AND Satan that some people will, without any blessings, choose voluntarily to worship JHWH.

BTW if one has faith in and believes the message of ANY creation-story, one would see proof of god all around us in the form of.... yes CREATION.

Still the whole concept leans heavily on faith

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I wanna ask you since I dont get a response from my peers. Could you explain why the star-system often suddenly dissapears from certain threads? is this intentionally and if so who is able to do so? I am just curious as I feel that the star-system is a valuable add-on to gauge the overall opinion of ATS-ers.

Thnx in advance and apology's for the off-topic post.

I think i've found the answer myself... we're in "belowtopsecret" correct?

[edit on 14/7/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

No, I misspoke, what I intended to say was "Radical interpetation"

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Those are not names. They are descriptions.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

So you're tellin me a guy willing to marry a 9 year old (ok he was pushed by the girls dad to marry her at age 6, wich is sick enough to begin with) would not touch her? so he hangs out with a pedophile, then reluctantly after 3 years decides he'll become a pedophile on paper instead of teaching his wife's dad that the kid needs more time to grow up? great role-model you're describing here...

seriously instead of objectively discussing pro's and con's, all I see happening here is a bad attempt at some decent PR for the Qu'ran.
I posted some questions for wich I seriously want an honest openminded answer but thats ignored... instead the posts receiving responses are the ones talking bad about Muhammed? What was the goal of this thread?

I am trying to answer as much as I can I was gone for about an hour so here is my response to you....

back in that time did you know what they did to little girls before?

They killed them if they didn't have a son first.

It is what had happened to Abu-Bakr's kids 3 times.(All of them girls)

YOu would be surprised at how much Muhammed try to tell him that it isn't right. But Abu-Bakr wouldn't stop.

And the rest is history.

Muhammed being shown as a pedophile because he gave in to his friend.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man

Those are not names. They are descriptions.

No they are names.

That is the english translation of a couple of them.

Just look them up.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

How wrong you are..

If Muhammad was the Final Prophet, why has Judgement Day not come? Why has there been no End Days since his death?

If Muhammad was not the Final Profit, then where is the profit that was meant to appear 600 years after his death, and the one 600 years after his death?

He IS the final prophet but judgment day hasn't come yet because it isn't supposed to.

It was supposed to start when prophet Issa comes back from heaven.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Thnx for taking the trouble to respond and I understand its hard to respond to everyone.

However this whole issue about the 9 year old is IMO circumstancial as none of us were there....
The issue bothering me more is that, when I talked to different muslim friends I have the common explanation for the existence of the Qu'ran (in essence both books are designed for and by the same god) is that when god saw that man had altered the bible to a certain degree, god decided it was time for a new book, hence the Qu'ran. But how could an omnipotent god have his plans thwarted by mere humans? The bible explicitly says that gods word would survive for all generations to come. What happened for god to come back on his word and have the Qu'ran written

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Thnx for taking the trouble to respond and I understand its hard to respond to everyone.

However this whole issue about the 9 year old is IMO circumstancial as none of us were there....
The issue bothering me more is that, when I talked to different muslim friends I have the common explanation for the existence of the Qu'ran (in essence both books are designed for and by the same god) is that when god saw that man had altered the bible to a certain degree, god decided it was time for a new book, hence the Qu'ran. But how could an omnipotent god have his plans thwarted by mere humans? The bible explicitly says that gods word would survive for all generations to come. What happened for god to come back on his word and have the Qu'ran written

Tis the humans fault not Allah.

The humans misunderstood Allah's words.

I would compare it to trying to teach quantum mechanics to a 2 year old.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

wanna ask you since I dont get a response from my peers. Could you explain why the star-system often suddenly dissapears from certain threads? is this intentionally and if so who is able to do so? I am just curious as I feel that the star-system is a valuable add-on to gauge the overall opinion of ATS-ers.

Yes, you are correct, when the thread is moved to BTS, the stars/flags go too... I wasn't the one who moved it, but my guess is that this was originally posted in the Conspiracies in Religion section, and since it doesn't meet that criteria, was moved here.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Aisha was betrothed to someone else but Mohammed became enchanted by her.
She was 6 years old.
Mohammed proceeded to exert his influence on Abu Bakr who was an ally of his.
He persuaded Abu Bakr that it would solidify their friendship and alliance if they were united by marriage.
So Mohaamed married Aisha when she was 6 years old.
He did not consumate the marriage until she was 9 years old, until then he satisfied himself by 'thighing' her.

Mohammed was very considerate to Aisha as she was his only virgin bride and he let her continue playing with her toys after their marriage was consumated.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Aisha was betrothed to someone else but Mohammed became enchanted by her.
She was 6 years old.
Mohammed proceeded to exert his influence on Abu Bakr who was an ally of his.
He persuaded Abu Bakr that it would solidify their friendship and alliance if they were united by marriage.
So Mohaamed married Aisha when she was 6 years old.
He did not consumate the marriage until she was 9 years old, until then he satisfied himself by 'thighing' her.

Mohammed was very considerate to Aisha as she was his only virgin bride and he let her continue playing with her toys after their marriage was consumated.

Would you mind stating exactly where your information is found?

I get my information from the ACTUAL HADITH!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I have read The Koran.
I have read Hadith's.

I have read many things about Mohammed and his life, some have been complimentary, some not.
Some have been pure Islamic propaganda, some have been out and out pure hate filled against him and his religion.

As a result I have formulated my own considered opinions and understanding of both Mohammeds religion and the historical facts surrounding him as a person.

Mohammed remained infatuated with Aisha for the rest of his life and she narrated over 2000 Hadiths herself and is even thought to have been the source of many.

Unlike some, I don't limit myself to one source.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join