It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we evolved?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I have but one simple question -

Have we really evolved?

I give you two images to help you answer, one of earth during the time of pre-historic, babaric man, and the other of the time of modern, sophisticated man.

(new zealand, a country largely untouched)

(hiroshima after the bomb was dropped)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It's all about politics I guess. If you believe in peace, love and justice - no. If you favour evil however, we're making wonderful progress.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I love being a kiwi but hate having to support our troops and government who support an evil and destructive empire called US. Im keen to go bush and learn to live off the land maybe then I will evolve and be spiritually at peace, but hey dreams are free.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
we are evolving all the time.
sometimes it seems to go backwards for some individuals, but overall always forward.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dead-to-me

Goo to yoo via the zoo?
This threads a blast!

Illustrated so nicely.

Snf

The sacrificial fire is much more efficient these days .

[edit on 14-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Steal7h
I love being a kiwi but hate having to support our troops and government who support an evil and destructive empire called US. Im keen to go bush and learn to live off the land maybe then I will evolve and be spiritually at peace, but hey dreams are free.

I would gladly go Bush too, but alas, there isn't much of that here in Queensland

I may have to settle for a "Walkabout"

BRB........ in eight months

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dead-to-me

I pick photo #1. Much better color balance, although stark b/w can be effective when going for raw emotional impact.

We've evolved. The fact that you - I will assume that you are an average person - can be troubled by the ugliness of your fellow Homo Sapiens is evidence (to me, at least) that we, as a species, have evolved to the point of being beyond violence and hatred. That said, we need to stop allowing the vicious and hateful among us to take control of our collective behavior. If we can isolate and neuter those kinds of people - and they are a minority - then we can turn all of this mayhem around in the end.

I'm not confident that we'll ever figure this out though. Fear is the weapon that these beasts have against our better judgment. Even the most wonderful people are afraid of something.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Evolution is a tautology. We are evolving as long as time keeps moving forward like always. The universe evolves constantly simply because the concept of time exists.

Our personal feelings about what we are evolving into, now that's another story.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

top topics

join