It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music, harmony and syncronicity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Ive copied this post from the another thread on here www.abovetopsecret.com... where we are discussing Time wave zero theory.

I hope what ive copied over is enough of an introduction to this subject, but please feel free to say WTF and i'll do my best to be clearer (part of the reason for posting this is that i'm not very good at explaining the subject, my experience of it is very 'hands on' rather than as a discussion)

In the timewave zero thread we were discussing how syncronicity may manifest itself in the universe through frequencies and waves......

Originally posted by Wobbly Anomaly
Echoes, cool !

I cant help but see the timewave in a similar way as i do sound. I make a lot of music on synths and am aware that frequencies from different instruments interact to create 'new' sounds that, whilst not the original 'pure' sounds, indicate the presence of them. Frequencies, when they interact, create new qualities.

When you put delay onto sounds in one part of a tune (basically an echo) it repeats later on in the song but is now surrounded by different instruments/tempos etc. The flow of the song continues but with a slightly different version of previous themes and these previous themes may not be as obvious as they were.

I hope that made sense.

Originally posted by Orion7911

very interesting post WA... never heard anyone explain things like that since I'm also a producer and have a similar experience and understanding of what you're talking about... i think there's more to what you're talking about that may have implications and more significance in the future on this subject having to do with sound frequencies and harmonics which i discovered and began to learn and understand or research music frequencies and the advanced music software thats been coming out that can manipulate harmonics etc like ableton, logic and reason and plug ins such as UNISON etc. Anyways, most probably won't understand what i'm getting at, but what i've wanted to research more, is certain frequencies of sound waves as MEDICINE of the future since i've discovered a deeper reason WHY it can be applied to medicine i'm not sure ANYONE realizes... A DNA HELIX is embedded WITHIN sound...do you know what i'm talking about??? have you actually SEEN this? i have and it was quite a surprise... which may explain why certain frequencies of sound can DESTROY CANCER cells... meaning if the right frequency of sound can be found or manipulated, it can destroy or HEAL and reorganize a mutated cell of cancer which is in fact mutated DNA i believe. Or maybe a better way to explain this is a THEORY i've pondered after using the plug-in UNISON which actually can combine 2 tracks or more (if utilized or "TUNED" correctly) so that they essentially become ONE...or in other words, it goes further than just mixing them together... this program can actually FUSE sounds or the track PERFECTLY so that they sound like ONE track rather than 2 tracks being played over each other... so in essence whats happening is that this program called Unison can HEAL FLAWS between 2 tracks if the right frequency is found. Same principle could be applied to an application for medicine such as cancer if the right frequency of sound is directed at a mutated cell!

This field of sound is in its infancy and only being experimented with right now so i'm Not sure how or if this can be applied it any way as it relates to this thread and topic, but you seemed to have hit on something that struck a cord and may have more significance or be more understood in the future.

Sorry for the slight drag off topic... just seems like there could be something more to what you've touched on that could be applied or have something to do with both medicine and the timewave.

Hopefully you may understand something ive been messing with for the last 10 years then !

Normally 'A' is tuned to 440hz so if you want your music to be totally harmonic with itself (and you are in the key of A) then your tempo needs to be 440 bpm, or 220 or 110 etc. The problem with this method is that if you change key then other notes become infinite decimals. ie. each note increment is 18.666666 recuring, which you cant program a tempo to do. You can only get a close approximation.

If however you tune 'A' to 432 hz then, for example, the note 'D' becomes 144, or 288 etc hz (depending on octave) the notes all become nice whole numbers and you can get all your tempos in harmony with the key you are in.

Also you have a base harmonic that knits all the notes and tempos together, that being 9. (4+3+2=9 1+4+4= 9) this opens up loads of useful tempos like 72 bpm (normal heart rate) 108 bpm 126 bpm, 135 bpm, 144 bpm, 152 bpm and on and on .......

Next, notice how these numbers are all 'mystical' as in they have been used in religions for thousands of years.

72 degrees per Astrological star sign

2160 years per star sign 2+1+6+0=9

The Bible, (revelations)
144,000 chosen ones
The Vedas
Kali yuga = 432,000 years
Satyug = 1,728,000
Treta = 1,296,000
Dwapar = 864,000

Mayan calendar

Tun = 18 uinal = 360 days
Katun = 20 tun = 7,200 days
Baktun = 20 katun = 144,000 days

Norse mythology

"500 doors and 40 there are,
I ween, in Valhalla's walls;
800 fighters through each door fare,
When to war with the Wolf they go."

( 540 x 800 = 432000 )

....then we have the precession of the equinoxes of 25920 years (try playing with that number and frequencies....you may be surprised !)

BTW has anyone read The Silmarillion by Tolkien ? en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I am a muscian and have a home recording studio, been in quite a few bands over the years and played session for one or two people you may or may not know.

One thing I can tell you is this.

Music that is written, comes from a place that I cannot describe, it's like a true description or communication of what is felt at that moment.

Now there is nothing more pleasurable than watching someone listening to my music, because I can see that my very soul for lack of a better word is in direct contact with the listener..

If you want to listen to my music go here...

Blue Funk Chronicles

Feel free to leave comments.

I spend sometimes months auditioning sounds from my sizable library of patches to come up with something that inspires me.

Recently I picked up a copy of Omnisphere and was blown away by the richness of sounds there...

Here is a vid of Jordan Rudess playing around with omnisphere..

AWSOME!!

Korg.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
certain wave frequencies of sound have been shown to kill parasites...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Here is a vid of Jordan Rudess playing around with omnisphere..

Hiya, yeah, music is on a par with other forms of communication, but i would say that you can find the place it comes from...............

The omnisphere.....sorry, that was straight back to the eighties for me. My post above about frequencies stems from my cringing at electronic sounds that attempt to mimic organic sounds. In a nutshell, i'm trying to make atoms vibrate by using the frequencies that nature uses, and i think nature uses whole numbers.

When i first tuned my acoustic guitar to 432hz the neighbours told me the sounds were vibrating objects in their house. The sounds travel further ! (i think because the matter the sound waves encounter resonate more easily)

Resonance is the key !

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm by no means a stranger to the physics of music but I have to admit I'm struggling with some things in this thread.

The person talking about how for 10 years he has been using 432hz instead of 440hz as a base tuning (this doesn't make it in the key of A!!)....travel to India, they have been working on pure frequencies (and the pure multiples of them) for centuries and centuries and centuries.

Also, I really don't see how the tempo makes a difference to the purity of the frequencies. Mathematically you can say that the keys and notes can correspond to tempos but this is really just technicality. A lot of music written in Just Intonation has a free tempo (by that I mean there is no strict tempo at all, such as an alaap in raga), this makes no difference to the purity.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Hiya, yeah, music is on a par with other forms of communication, but i would say that you can find the place it comes from...............

please don't say the headphones or speakers lol

The omnisphere.....sorry, that was straight back to the eighties for me.

you've got to be joking haven't you??

Omnisphere is freakin awsome dude...

If you like mucking about with Frequencies and Harmonics this software is 100% for you..

check this..

When i first tuned my acoustic guitar to 432hz the neighbours told me the sounds were vibrating objects in their house. The sounds travel further ! (i think because the matter the sound waves encounter resonate more easily)

Resonance is the key !

What you are talking about is not music but sound. And I would totally agree with you that frequencies and resonsance is the key to unlocking untold power, if not creation itself.

BTW I use guitarrig 4 and that's pretty powerfull building patches that can make your guitar sound wayyy out there...

Korg.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Do we have to plug various vsts in this thread? It's completely useless information. Pretty much any synth is good for "mucking about with frequencies and harmonics", that is the basis of a synth.

To the person tuning guitars to 432hz, what tuning exactly did you use? Due to the fixed frets it's nigh on impossible to use proper just intonation, which is pretty much the whole point of using 432. Otherwise, if you use normal tuning but tuned to 432 base you are just detuning the guitar...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
Do we have to plug various vsts in this thread? It's completely useless information. Pretty much any synth is good for "mucking about with frequencies and harmonics", that is the basis of a synth.

Actually not all synths have the scope to deliver richness of harmonics, if they did then there would be well, only one synth on the market...

I play a multitude of instruments and have over the years found a friction between guitar and synth players. Guitar purists seem to think they are better than thier synth player counter parts... This friction has recently been exasperated by the flooding of the market of manufactured synth based music.

BTW we all hate the drummer lol

I highlighted Omnisphere because it is and I can vouch for it the most expressive and harmonically rich synth I've ever played.

If this thread is purely about sound frequencies then music should be deducted from the title..

Korg.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The person talking about how for 10 years he has been using 432hz instead of 440hz as a base tuning (this doesn't make it in the key of A!!)....travel to India, they have been working on pure frequencies (and the pure multiples of them) for centuries and centuries and centuries.

Also, I really don't see how the tempo makes a difference to the purity of the frequencies. Mathematically you can say that the keys and notes can correspond to tempos but this is really just technicality. A lot of music written in Just Intonation has a free tempo (by that I mean there is no strict tempo at all, such as an alaap in raga), this makes no difference to the purity.

Yes, i'm aware that many cultures have been working with frequencies (hence the list of 'numbers' i posted.

I have to disagree about 432 not making 'A'. 432 was the standard tuning fo a long, long time. Many old church organs were tuned to 432. I think it was some opera dudes at the turn of the century that changed it to make it less harsh on the voice boxes of the singers.

I'm talking about using tempo as another note, to make it more harmonic with the song (a tempo is just a slow frequency) but no, i'm not saying you should stick to one frequency/tempo. You'd be hard pushed if you played the trombone !

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
(to Korg) But how is that relevant to the thread in the slightest? I'm sure it is a great synth and I'm sure guitar rig sounds amazing but from what i read the discussion is about the fundamentals of sound.

Nothing personal but I've seen you promoting your own works on here (which i feel is inappropriate) and now you're promoting two very big corporate products, neither of which I can see as being relevant to the topic. It just makes me wonder if there are other motives...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Frakkerface]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

What you are talking about is not music but sound. And I would totally agree with you that frequencies and resonsance is the key to unlocking untold power, if not creation itself.

BTW I use guitarrig 4 and that's pretty powerfull building patches that can make your guitar sound wayyy out there...

Korg.

'Headphones', LOL

Yes, i am talking more about sound than music....but that enables us to use these 'new' sounds within music. Im just trying to find a way to introduce the theory rather than saying 'this is the correct way'

My guitars going through a mooger fooger at the mo, which is controlling an old juno 6.

Woooohoooo

I'll check out the vid in a bit.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

Yes, it is the note A but not the key, you can work in any key no matter what the base frequency is.

Wasn't it Wernher von Braun that changed it to 440?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

(to Korg) But how is that relevant to the thread in the slightest? I'm sure it is a great synth and I'm sure guitar rig sounds amazing but from what i read the discussion is about the fundamentals of sound.

Nothing personal but I've seen you promoting your own works on here (which i feel is inappropriate) and now you're promoting two very big corporate products, neither of which I can see as being relevant to the topic. It just makes me wonder if there are other motives...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Frakkerface]

You've got it all wrong Frakkerface.

I'm not promoting anything. There are plenty of people out there that may want to know how to practice some of the principles within this thread, and the sound processing software is where its at if you wanted to do that.

Also If you have been over to my site and read my motivation you would understand why it's relevant.

My music is free btw, and highlights my original premise.

Korg.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

Yes, it is the note A but not the key, you can work in any key no matter what the base frequency is.

Wasn't it Wernher von Braun that changed it to 440?

Sorry, you are right, i was using the wrong terms. I was talking about the concert pitch middle 'A'

I hadnt heard about Von Braun being linked to the change of frequency, i'll have to check that out and i'll post a link to the opera singers....when i find one (it was a while ago when i read it)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Fair enough Korg, I wasn't knocking you but as a fellow music maker I just don't think this is the right place, but admittedly it was only one thread that i saw that in.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Wobbly Anomaly thanks for the thread:

Have you ever tried playing with the ancient Solfeggio scale? With this tuning on the guitar and singing it feels quite amazing – definitely much more resonant.

If any one has Protools, you can use the pitch generator to create your own binaural frequencies and manipulate the difference between the frequencies. This produces a very interesting effect in the brain, where you here another set of frequencies oscillating when you stop playing the frequencies. These frequencies sound more like soft white noise with either fast or slow phase. I won’t ramble on this as there are many other people writing about it.

There is a little flash app here where you can get the feel for the frequencies: Solfeggio link

You can try this if you retune C (1st fret 2nd string or 3rd fret 5th string) to 528 Hz while listening to a tone generator.

Of course 528 Hz is a higher octave of these two notes on the guitar. Also if you have a listen to all the notes in the Solfeggio scale, you can change the intervals between each string which means that normal chords don’t really work well but if you know how to be creative with chordal structures you will find some nice sounds.

The next thing I think would be interesting to do would be to check if all the Solfeggio notes and with tuning to 432 (as reference for A) work together. Then writing music within this framework could possibly be more beneficial for listeners or even improve the listener’s disposition.

Also Korg: I know how you feel when you write music. I have the same feeling. I have been recording for the last ten years and continually review my music, I don’t want to get too off topic but the actual lyrical section of my songs astounds me when I go back and take a listen. It feels that each step of the way, each song has described the path that I would realise maybe 6-12 months later – what I am saying is that they would predict my own inner growth. I feel like some days I click into a mode where the songs come out of me with lyrics which I have no idea about until in the future – not for every song but for some. It’s so cool and I’m sure other people may have had similar experiences. The synchronicities between writing time and the actual realisation are much shorter and quicker these days.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Reflections]

new topics

top topics

join