It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIB (Men in Black)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

What you have writing is very interesting, and you have given me some good ideas on how to deal with MIB. And you are correct, the MIB do carry weapons of some sort , tranqu. gun or what ever. The first experience I had the one had some sort of weapon he was hiding and if I caused a big problem for them they would not be afraid to use it.
You know they could easily Tranqu. a person and hall you off somewhere most likely interrogation or worse. And if a person was known as a drastic or violent person, they could easily just tranqu. you while you were sleeping. But they seem to receive a satisfaction from the intimidation and will outwardly and bluntly be obvious.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by covert1

Like I said - if you seriously want to find out who/what these MiB are; then you really need to develop your own intelligence organization and network. The same really goes for all of the 'black' projects out there.

There are many obstacles to that, though. You need funding, secrecy, talent/experience, and security. This is beyond what any individual can do all by their lonesome - sure, a lot can be done, but a single individual attracts too much attention to one location. If someone files a report about someone asking some odd questions or showing too much interest, you don't want that same someone showing up to ask more odd questions at another location (and a similar report get filed). It pretty much says: "look at me, I'm up to something!"

You need a diverse and obscure network of operatives and informants being managed, trained, and directed by competent, experienced personnel.

You also have the problem of compartmentalization. Whether you are dealing with a government agency or a secretive society - information is compartmentalized so that very few people know enough about the project they are working on to cause it great harm.

There are two ways to deal with compartmentalization. You can get information from each of the compartments and attempt to fit the puzzle together (requires a lot of people to give you sensitive information - involving more people is typically a bad idea). Or you can attempt to identify the 'nodes' - the people who have an idea of the bigger picture and attempt to get it from them - either by them telling you, or someone with access to their materials. The problem with that is you're going after higher-profile information, which is going to put your source at much greater risk (and protecting your informant/source is THE primary objective - you have to be willing to sacrifice a dozen of your personnel or more to keep that source safe) - and you are looking at people who are less likely to defect (what can you offer them that would be so good as to jeopardize their up-and-coming career?)

Then you have to factor in that anyone you get as an informant (or even an operative) can be a double-agent.

On top of that is the problem of what to do with the information you gather. Let's say (putting things into the concept of the military), you learn about a new top-secret aircraft project, and get quite a bit of information on the design and mission of the aircraft. Obviously, this information didn't come from one of the contractors who only got to see the landing gear assembly or design the engine. I had to come from someone who knew quite a bit about the completed project.

If you act on the information - you disclose your source, more or less. However - your entire goal is to learn the truth and publish it - but doing so will compromise the network and your window into existing (and potentially future) projects.

The irony being that, in order to ensure someone is providing over-watch on these programs and can do that job effectively, you end up, yourself, having to censor and filter what information you disseminate in order to prevent your entire network from collapsing.

So - it all comes back around to your mission. If you want to recklessly post the truth - then you'll end up compromising your sources before you can establish an effective network. If you want to know the truth, and see it as your responsibility to ensure someone is watching out for the people and keeping an eye on the government (or other agencies) - then you are going to have to with-hold some information from them to ensure you can continue to perform your mission.

It's sort of a "you have to become the very thing you hate" scenario.

Which is why I believe there are already 'secret societies' that take similar missions upon themselves and see to it that someone is making sure the governments and other agencies are not running out of control (or some are actively seeking control). They just can't say "Oh, yeah, we know all about those guys." - or they pretty much compromise their entire goal and mission.

Of course, with the field of UFOs - there is so much nonsense being thrown around that someone with a complete and total understanding of it could stand up and start spilling his guts to the world, only to end up as an interesting side-note next to more sensational claims. The UFO community wouldn't be able to tell fact from fiction if it bit them in the rear - partially because of their own willingness to entertain hoaxes, and partly because of the willingness of others to commit forgeries and hoaxes.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I've always thought that there must be some type of government group that monitors these UFO sightings and has some kind of technology or special radar that detects when these alien objects enter our atmosphere or something to that affect. I think the 'MIB' investigate anything where 'aliens' come in contact with humans as well. Who knows if they keep their distance or are in the fore front? I guess we should figure out if aliens are really visiting us......

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The new MIB's drive white vans and they dress casual to blend in, but they always wear sunglasses ..even at night..

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

That was a very good post man.

To the OP and those interested in the MIB, another interesting account:

“Mrs Hollins, has anyone other than the local paper contacted you?”

She replied that only the previous week she had received a telephone call from a man purporting to represent Jodrell Bank – the radio telescope installation south of Manchester, in rural Cheshire. Apparently he was very interested in her experience and wished to question her closely about the sighting. When she asked how he had obtained her telephone number he laughed, and replied: “Don’t worry, it was from a very good source.”

MIB Encounter in UK, 1980 by Peter Hough

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
elite homebased airspace personnel

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
i found this info about the "real" men in black
Source?

late reaction on this sorry

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'd invite them over for beer and see if I can't join their group. That would be cool.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
i wonder if the MIB is anything like the movie, if it is.. i want in !!!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

I would like to share an experience I had when I was 18. During a normal day of college attendance I decided to bunk off and head into town by myself and 'chill out' whilst waiting for the time I would meet up with my girlfriend. I had a cafe in mind and started to make my way there. It was about 9.15am and my town was already bustling with people. As I was walking I had the feeling that someone was watching me. I don't know why, but I turned my head to look behind me and saw two men walking a few paces behind and I thought they were looking at me. My rational mind just assumed they were looking at me because I was looking at them. But I also had the feeling that they didn't belong. They weren't dressed all in black, but were in suits underneath long, light-brown 'old-fashioned' overcoats. I just had a feeling they were odd. I continued walking and made casual glances behind me and they were still following me and definitely looking at me as they seemed to have a dry smile. My pace quickened, I looked again and they were still following me and looking at me.

When I reached the entrance to the store I looked behind me again and they were gone. Thinking that I was being stupid I went into the store and walked upstairs to the cafe whilst thinking to myself that I had an over active imagination.

I got a coffee from the counter and sat down facing the entrance, a few tables back. I started to read a letter that my then girlfriend had sent me. Forgetting about my experience of those two guys, about 10 mins had past since I saw them, I continued to read my letter.

Then I looked up and saw again, those two guys who seemed to follow me earlier. They stood at the counter where you'd get served but no staff seemed to acknowledge them. Which I thought was weird because they were usually very quick to get you seated. I got the feeling ( i know this sounds stupid) that only I could see them. They were definately dressed a bit 'old' for 1998...I would say more 1950's types.

So here's me sitting there staring at them and thinking "****! they were following me", when one of them bent down and reached into a satchel that i hadn't noticed before, pulls out a big camera, points it directly at me, takes a picture (from about 10metres away), puts it back in the satchel and they both leave immediately.

I'm sitting there thinking what the heck just happened for a few seconds then decided to go after them and ask why they did it. They were nowhere to be seen. I ran down the stairs when they seemed only to casually walk away...so i assumed i would catch up to them either on the stairs or in the shop below...but no. They weren't there. I even went out into the street to see which they went but they weren't there.

I was bunking off college the day this happened and wouldn't suffer the wrath of my mother for any light reason but explained this event to her as I thought at the time it was too weird not to be honest about it.

I am now 30 years of age, of complete sound mind and still have no idea as to why this occurred. Is this a 'men in black' thing to do? Has anyone had a similar thing happen?

I've never forgotten this and it still bugs me to this day. Comments welcome.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by unequivocallyme

Honestly, I d have to say this is classic MiB behavior. The afterwards disapearance is in almost every story about them I have encountered so far. Great read; I laughed out loud when reading about them taking a picture. Could you describe what they were wearing in more detail I wonder - did you notice any facial features, hats etc. Out of date clothing is pretty much manadatory for MiB. Also - had you any unusual experiences preceding this encounter? Sorry to be so nosey. At times I wonder if the unusual dress and behavior isnt a form of clever psychological camouflage - not so outrageous as to demand attention, but unusual enough for most people to fail to categorize them perceptually.
Also - what kind of camera? (sorry nosey again).

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NASA is ASAN

The fact that no concrete proof of ET visitation is available is proof enough to me that the MiBs are doing a hell of a job. Good luck with your kitchen knives and such but with all the resources of a black budget I have to think they'd have you screaming like a biatch in short order. Not only would they get you but your family and any friend you ever had too. When they are done it would be like you never existed.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

The truth is out there

Your assertion that Tommy Lee Jones,

is not MIB is ..... premature

Truth stranger than fiction ?

NO

Ilike the scene where he blows the head off an alien ,

... and it grows back in ten seconds !!!

IT'S REAL

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidself

Liquidself -

From what i can remember they were clean shaven with short hair. Nothing really stood out about their appearance apart from me having a sense that they were slightly dressed out of date. The overcoats were a natural brown colour and the suits underneath, from what I could see, were basic black suits and tie.

The camera was like a journalists with a long lense. That's all I can really say about that, as to be fair I was bemused to the whole thing happening. One minute thinking I was just being paranoid then seeing them doing that was kinda weird.

Don't want to sound weird myself but yes I've experienced many strange things since I was little but nothing stands out around the time I saw these guys...not that I can remember anyway. I haven't had a satisfactory explanation come to me as to what happened that day. And until I do it will always bug me.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Don't know bout the actual people themselves but the significance of Orion should be interesting to say the least

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Nice thread with some good info

I couldn't help but laugh at the posters who said they'd respond in violence if a MIB were to enter their home though lol.

You have to think of few things before pulling out the knives, guns or martial arts though. Think about the types of MIB that people have speculated about:

1.) Possible alien. If this is the type then its said they could be psychic/telepathic. They'd know your every thought and could possibly control your mind. No matter how many weapons you got or years of martial arts training, you're screwed.

2.) Government/Military. You have to consider that if MIB's exist, but they're human, there's a reason they're good at keeping people quiet. They also wouldn't be stupid enough to travel in groups of only two or three. Two or three may be in your home, but there's more than liklely a group surrounding the place and listening in. Again, whatever weapons or fighting skills you have, you're screwed.

Think people, think. Don't go straight into killing mode if they're real and decide to visit you one day.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by unequivocallyme

Liquidself -

From what i can remember they were clean shaven with short hair. Nothing really stood out about their appearance apart from me having a sense that they were slightly dressed out of date. The overcoats were a natural brown colour and the suits underneath, from what I could see, were basic black suits and tie.

The camera was like a journalists with a long lense. That's all I can really say about that, as to be fair I was bemused to the whole thing happening. One minute thinking I was just being paranoid then seeing them doing that was kinda weird.

Don't want to sound weird myself but yes I've experienced many strange things since I was little but nothing stands out around the time I saw these guys...not that I can remember anyway. I haven't had a satisfactory explanation come to me as to what happened that day. And until I do it will always bug me.

Thanks so much for putting up with my curiosity and answering my questions. It really is weird/strange that they took a picture and disapeared. It s certianly not usual protocol for any kind of actual agent - they would/should be able to get a picture without anyone noticing them (or else they are the most ridiculously incompetant agents). If there wasn't anything recently strange at the time I would tend to link it to the previous experiences. Which I am not going to ask about even though I am dying to know.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Liquidself -

Maybe they wanted me to see them doing it, i'm not sure why. I do remember thinking it was strange that no-one else seemed to acknowledge they were there, let alone taking a picture for what seemed like no reason at all. It was very strange.

About previous experiences, I have no qualms talking about them but they don't seem to fit in this men in black post as they are more of a supernatural ghost nature. But saying that, there are many similarities with hauntings and ufo happenings. If I were to talk of them all we'd be here for a long time as they started as early as i can remember and continue to this day.

I might open my own post on some of these once I get enough post points or however this works as i've not long joined.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by unequivocallyme

I agree they wanted you to see them taking a picture. But the why is so much more difficult. I have run accross one theory that states that the MiB are NOT trying to discourage people from talking about what they have seen, but rather that they are using some kind of reverse psychology in order to reenforce what people have seen. Kind of like the Men in Black are Actually the Men in White.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Found this video interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join