It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a white man said what Jesse Jackson did about Lebron James....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

CHICAGO -- Jesse Jackson criticized Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert on Sunday, saying Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that the owner's comments after the free-agent forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

sports.espn.go.com...

Way to put words in someones mouth.

If a white man made those comments, he would be getting hate from all angles and would be called a "racist" left and right. Some black extremist groups would be calling for his head.

But its "ok" if Jesse Jackson says such a thing huh? I mean, he is a black man so its fine for him to make such comments huh?

Yeah right. Give me a break.

What kind of country is this?

So I guess being an idiot racist is only ok when you're not white.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
LOL it is just great comedy. But I believe he used the wrong context of words for sure. I believe he is trying to insist that Lebron is a "slave" to the system and ran away from his master. now Lebron is being treated harshly because of it.

The NBA is a joke anyway. It is all fixed. It is the new WWE.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Distractions...Distractions...Distractions...

The world falls apart while people fight over who said what about who. It's as simple as divide and conquer...no wonder they are winning! Who cares what Jesse Jackson says or doesn't say...just another way to take the focus off the real issues and put it on some idols.

For all I care Jesse Jackson can find a tall bridge and jump off of it on his head...and Lebron can follow him for that matter!!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
It may not matter who says what

However, switch Jesse Jackson with a white person saying those same comments and you'd be hearing about it on CNN and almost every radio talk show out there. As I said, its ok to be a dumb racist as long as you arent white.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Agreed. But I think that is exactly what they want from us. They want us to bicker over whether or not it's ok for a black person to say something like this and not a white person. Things like this only perpetuate racism by making white people think that it is the blacks that are the real racist. Like I said, divide and conquer.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Without the continued flame and hate jesse brings, jesse got no cash flow or public spotlight, jesse has to keep a look out for jesse.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

rofl, good stuff

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

So….do I go get mah rebel flag and mah rahfull and shoot me up some folk?
As an above poster said, drop the racial card, it’s not working.
We don’t care about Leron or Lindsey Lohan or Donald Trump we don’t care about the he said she said.
What we do care about are real issues such as disclosure oil spills border security false flags.
Real information that could impact us not American Idol.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
if the president has an approval rating in the 40s yet his approval rating from the black community is in the 90s....... is that racist?

didn't michelle obama just make a speech that was somewhat politicizing the race card to help pump up the dems votes?

i'm really tired of this whole racism thing. its divisive. its counterproductive. its ignorant. its useless. And yet, many of our so called "leaders" use this freakin' race card over and over and over again.

i'm done with the US political system. throw them all out on their backsides. they don't care about any of us. we need new representatives that actually care about doing a good job and not about being career politicos saving their jobs.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Last I remember slaves didnt get 14 mill a year to throw a ball through a metal hoop.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-

CHICAGO -- Jesse Jackson criticized Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert on Sunday, saying Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that the owner's comments after the free-agent forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

sports.espn.go.com...

Way to put words in someones mouth.

If a white man made those comments, he would be getting hate from all angles and would be called a "racist" left and right. Some black extremist groups would be calling for his head.

But its "ok" if Jesse Jackson says such a thing huh? I mean, he is a black man so its fine for him to make such comments huh?

Yeah right. Give me a break.

What kind of country is this?

So I guess being an idiot racist is only ok when you're not white.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by -Blackout-]

The bottomline to this is NO ONE takes what Jesse Jackson says or does seriously, so stupid comments like this are just brushed off. Why is this man famous again?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

If a white man said what Jesse Jackson did about Lebron James....

If a White man said it I would think the same thing....Who cares.

How many race baiting posts begin with "if a white man said it"??

Give it a break. I couldn't care less what JJ has to say and I would feel the same way if he was white.

Unless you belong to the "Church of Jesse Jackson" and he is your spiritual leader and somehow this statement has caused you a crisis of faith...then how is it relevant to you?...Who Cares. It just smells like race baiting.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Concerns for these types of remarks, and those who said them are ridiculous, I would be more concerned about the agenda, of those who said, those who wrote about it, those who aired it, and those who care.

I can tell you that African Americans don't care about what he said, or who he said it to. There's a balance that some people just don't see, the words were worse than the color of the person who said it. Frankly it amazes me on how these types of things still upset people, with so much going on, in the lives of people who cant get on t.v, and don't have millions of dollars to ignore such comments.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Lebron James personifies every bad quality that made me stop caring about the NBA ages ago. Jesse Jackson is just hilarious, I think half of the metaphors he uses are just to see if he can get away with them.

As for the question of if there would be hell to pay if a white guy said what Jackson did, you bet there would be! There is something called cultural identity, there are also things white people in America can say but no other ethnic group can too, everyone's got something.

Jesse Jackson making this insane metaphor doesn't hurt your own personal freedom, so get over it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

The bottomline to this is NO ONE takes what Jesse Jackson says or does seriously, so stupid comments like this are just brushed off. Why is this man famous again?

He marched with MLK and was there when he was shot.

I imagine even MLK is looking down from the heavens shouting "Just shut up already! You ran out of useful things to say!!!"

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

More race baiting?

I love these new "If A White Man Said It..." threads.

There should be a forum called that.

I don't think you understand Jackson awkward point but basically he was saying that the team owner viewed his team members as property.

Granted Jackson was being a bit dramatic, but essentially he was saying that Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert viewed his player AS a slave not that he was one. As if he owned the man and once he decided to leave him, put out a very hateful and immature message that would turn his fans on him.

I don't really care either way as I have no interest in basketball or sports for that matter but I think what Jackson said went right over your head.

All you saw was an opportunity to show how unfair "Whites" are being treated and that "Blacks" get away with everything.

Calm down, it's not even a big deal.

Jackson is nothing more than a useless prop at this point.

- Lee

[edit on 14-7-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

All you saw was an opportunity to show how unfair "Whites" are being treated and that "Blacks" get away with everything.

Calm down, it's not even a big deal.

Jackson is nothing more than a useless prop at this point.

- Lee
[edit on 14-7-2010 by lee anoma]

actually, it is not that easy to dust away. many millions of impressionable people will read his divisive, hatred filled comments and build a perspective from them. i think its an ever greater tragedy that a person such a JJ, who is so visible and audible in the media, can negatively affect so many. he could be fighting his fight in a much more positively influencing matter but make no mistake that scoundrel knows exactly what he is doing. it's sickening.

new topics

top topics

join