It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's 'Spot and Shoot' System Aims to Perfect Joystick Based Warfare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Israel's 'Spot and Shoot' System Aims to Perfect Joystick Based Warfare

news.antiwar.com

Enter “Spot and Shoot,” Israel’s answer to the often asked questions of how to kill Palestinians more conveniently, and how to depersonalize this killing even more than it already has been. The answer is joysticks.

Israeli military “operators,” young women with video screens and Playstation-styled joysticks, control “remote killing” devices deployed along the Gaza frontier. Press a button and kill a Gazan. At least, that’s the dream.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israeli judge: Learn from Nazis
Israeli - Palestinian conflict by the numbers (The numbers don't lie)
As Israel kills and maims, outrage is directed at Helen Thomas (orchestrated by Ari Fleischer)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Israeli society has a taboo about placing women in front-line combat operations, which makes the dream of turning its female soldiers into killers by remote control particularly convenient. “Suspicious” Palestinians will be killed with impunity, all without leaving the comfort of the base.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Great, all we need is to give the Israelis technology that will make them more efficient at killing innocent people. Could you imagine if Israel gets a hold of this particular technology? If we think it's bad now, just wait until it is made into a video game with real life consequences for women, children and civilians of Gaza. I couldn't have written the article better myself.

--airspoon

news.antiwar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Isreal are getting it all wrong. If you want to depersonalise killing then that's one thing, but if you want to turn it into something resembling a game then they should know that the keyboard and mouse combo will always be the most accurate and precise way for getting frags.

If I was Palestine I'd be LOLing right now. Let Isreal use an xbox 360 controller/joystick if they want. All that Hamas need to do is pick up a decent gaming mouse, keyboard and maybe a razer mousepad and the war is over. Isreal go home with their tails between their legs.

KB/mouse > joypad. End of story!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
"Coming Soon"

"Visit our website and help fight the war on terror. CLICK HERE to control the offensive weapons at a Border Security Point. Your IP is anonymous and there are no limitations on firing shots. The ULTIMATE in online shooters."

"1/4 Hour - $30"
"1/2 Hour - $50"
"3/4 Hour - $65"
"1 Hour - $75"

Is this what we can expect in the future

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater
"Coming Soon"

"Visit our website and help fight the war on terror. CLICK HERE to control the offensive weapons at a Border Security Point. Your IP is anonymous and there are no limitations on firing shots. The ULTIMATE in online shooters."

"1/4 Hour - $30"
"1/2 Hour - $50"
"3/4 Hour - $65"
"1 Hour - $75"

Is this what we can expect in the future

If it was, would you play? I wouldn't but I can guarantee you that many would.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

If it was, would you play? I wouldn't but I can guarantee you that many would.

I'm sure it would catch on too but no, I definitely would not play.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Yeah, totally unbiased article. Innocent Palestinians usually have no business hanging around border area and planting explosives charges.
Israel already has means of destruction capable of huge death toll so if the main point would be "killing of innocents" there would be no need to build expensive remote control towers and create new units. That already exist for few years by the way - it is not new. I fail to notice numerous "innocent Palestinians" killed but casualties in IDF due to border charges dropped. Which is good.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
What is it with you and israel? almost every thread you make it has to do with how evil israel is.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just what the world needs... More damn weapons.. Cant isreal produce/develop anything that DOES NOT kill or maim people ? Or are they trying to top the u.s in that department ?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think you seem to have forgotten that the joystick killing scenario is one of American usage as well - i.e. drones - soon to be employed at a border near you??

Incidentally I doubt very much if the US is 'giving' the technology to Israel since it was probably developed there in the first place.

I note that the UN does not seem to think that the 'joystick' killing approach should be discouraged when it is the US doing it. Yet another example of US=UN/UN=US.

reply to post by RMFX1

Exactly the point I made here:

Now, what if this was the latest internet game craze? Would many gamers want to play it?

US Drone wars thread

The thread sank BTW

[edit on 14/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

when most those boarder areas Israel have self imposed
are actuily over lapping someones Farm or , village and so on
they have no business being there

"Israel already has means of destruction capable "
they showed that in Gaza with white prosphres and cluster bombs in lebonen
and attacks on civilian infronstructure

what a twit

[edit on 14-7-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The world is war is life

I think we can do this with our minds, spot and shoot..

Imagine if an individual had the power, to defeat all nations simultaneously.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Yeah, totally unbiased article. Innocent Palestinians usually have no business hanging around border area and planting explosives charges.
Israel already has means of destruction capable of huge death toll so if the main point would be "killing of innocents" there would be no need to build expensive remote control towers and create new units. That already exist for few years by the way - it is not new. I fail to notice numerous "innocent Palestinians" killed but casualties in IDF due to border charges dropped. Which is good.

Are you serious? Is this what you believe to be happening? You believe that the only Palestinians being hurt are those terrorists creeping around the border planting explosives because they hate Jews?

If that's so, then why are absolutely no Israelis being hurt? Where are all of those explosives being planted? This is not even mentioning the fact that the Gaza strip is so small, everywhere is near the border.

Also, Israel can't just go in and balls out kill Palestinians as there is tremendous world pressure against their genocidal agenda. They also can't have it look exactly like they purport the Nazis to have done an systematically kill women and children. So instead, they do it slowly. They are so oppressive that they create conditions where of course Palestinians are going to act out, this gives them an excuse to then murder them. The point here is to terrorize the Palestinians while fooling the world into believing that the Palestinians are the terrorists.

Ignorant people buy it all up hook, line and sinker. They fail/refuse to actually look into what's happening and thus believe whatever they are told to believe. I guess it helps to have the world's biggest lobbying effort (by far) ensuring that you do believe whatever is told to you, even if it makes absolutely no sense.

The fact is, far more women and children are dying from the Palestinian side and if you follow the link in my sig, you might actually learn something. The Palestinians are being terrorized but MSM fails to show you that part.

--airspoon

Originally posted by Proudconservative
What is it with you and israel? almost every thread you make it has to do with how evil israel is.

Are you serious? Did you register on ATS just to tell me that? First of all, that's not even true as anyone can look at my profile to see what kind of threads I start, but nice try anyway.

I'll go ahead and answer the first part of your question anyway. Me and Israel? Well first, I don't approve of murder in my name, especially when that murder is part of a genocidal plan. Second, it is more than obvious that Israel is the aggressor and is terrorizing the Palestinians while counting on American stupidity to be able to continue. Americans are being played like fools and unfortunately, innocent women and children are dying because of it. Not only are people dying, but they are being tortured and terrorized while alive. I won't go into the horrors of what they go through, but a simple 10 minute research project could easily explain a lot.

Since the MSM fails to report on Israeli terror, it falls on the people to disseminate the information themselves. Some people don't wan't to be ignorant and so strive for facts and information, while rejecting the propaganda spewed out.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Israel kills innocent people, someone spreads the news
Pro israeli person says "You Monster.. why do you hate israel?"

Ridiculous!!!

That BS is getting tired and old, I will admit it did work for a period of time but that is well over being over!

If you don't like this news being reported and you would prefer a world where the news is biased and doesn't report numerous murders that Israel does then.... well move to Isreal in those newly created illegal settlements.

I guess for some Ignorance is bliss... at least the ignorance of others that is.

But back on topic this is disgusting, they honestly believe that killing palestinians is fun and a game and this is proof that they have ZERO respect for life.

Evil politicians and an army of ultra orthodox religious people is a horrific combination!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

You see for yourself then - Israel can cause greater damage in weeks then those towers can do in years. So purpose of these towers is not to raise number of dead.
And in Lebanon/Gaza WARS lots of civilians were killed, true. So Israeli ,Lebanese and Gaza leaders should do all they can to prevent future similar developments. Towers that can prevent attacks on Israeli border convoys/bases ( one of the reasons for Lebanon war and one of reasons for blockade of Gaza) serve this purpose, me thinks.
As for borders that Israel decided for them-self - for some reason Palestinians/Arabs refused to use borders decided by UN in 1948 and declared war, so Israel had to have some borders...

And you might not believe it but few Palestinians/Arabs/ATS posters do not accept Israeli existence in any borders to this day......

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Are you serious? Is this what you believe to be happening?

Yes.

You believe that the only Palestinians being hurt are those terrorists creeping around the border planting explosives because they hate Jews?

No, there might be innocent Palestinians who came to watch the border fence defended by evil genocidal murderous stealing Zionists. Very logical.

If that's so, then why are absolutely no Israelis being hurt? Where are all of those explosives being planted? This is not even mentioning the fact that the Gaza strip is so small, everywhere is near the border.

Fighters Detonate An Explosive Charge Near The Electronic Fence In Gaza

www.imemc.org...
This is what i found after like 2 seconds search in the net. There are lots of attacks that miss, but there were few that succeeded however their number dropped after this "joystick" defense system was started few years ago.

Also, Israel can't just go in and balls out kill Palestinians as there is tremendous world pressure against their genocidal agenda. They also can't have it look exactly like they purport the Nazis to have done an systematically kill women and children. So instead, they do it slowly. They are so oppressive that they create conditions where of course Palestinians are going to act out, this gives them an excuse to then murder them. The point here is to terrorize the Palestinians while fooling the world into believing that the Palestinians are the terrorists.

And yet population of Gaza grows extremely fast, with genocidal Israel and women and children dying. Yeah. Gaza strip has higher birth rate and lower mortality rate then West bank. So you can keep genocidal fairy tales to propaganda games. Life in Gaza sucks though and i really hope that Gaza leaders would concentrate on improving condition of people there and not on fighting Israel.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Who are innocent Palestinians killed by this system? Can you name them? How many there are?
So far you just throw around accusations without any proof and is insulted that i call biased article - a biased one?
This system is good border defense since it lowers Israeli casualties. And since it still is human operated it should prevent harming innocent.
You would prefer Israel to mine the border or to place drones - both those options would get much more innocents killed.
I suspect that the only opposition to this technological solution to this complex problem is that it can (and did) lower Israeli casualties, this is why the critique.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

no no

the Arab peace plan is just a myth
the fact Hamas would recognise israel if it goes back to its boarders is just a myth

yes those are just myths

those blood thursty arabs (funny enough jews that are from that region and not from europe and so on are also arabs tecnicaly)
dont ever want peace and will never rrecognise israel

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

the Arab peace plan is just a myth

No it is not. However it demands return of refugees and Israel cannot allow it.

the fact Hamas would recognise israel if it goes back to its boarders is just a myth

Yes it is a myth.

Hamas rules out recognition of Israel

www.presstv.ir...

The proposal would see the acceptance of a Palestinian state "in stages" on the 1967 armistice line, with the currently Israeli occupied East al-Quds (Jerusalem) as its capital, Ma'an news agency quoted senior Hamas official Khalil al-Hayya as saying on Wednesday. It also requires "the return of all refugees without recognizing Israel in exchange for a 10-year truce," Hayya told a Hamas conference in Gaza City's al-Shujaiyeh neighborhood.

I know you trust PressTv.

those blood thursty arabs (funny enough jews that are from that region and not from europe and so on are also arabs tecnicaly)

Jews from this region are Arabs technically? Ehhh, yeah. And Arabs from Saudi Arabia are Jews technically (look at all the Jewish tribes there in time of Qu'ran) - there we solved current crisis. Jews are Arabs that are Jews.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

they would be returning to their land, why not?
why should one group be allowed to go and live on land based on faith when the orginal inhabitants have been forced out?

www.ynetnews.com...

Hamas: We’ll recognize Israel within '67 borders

Faction's spokesman at Palestinian parliament voices pragmatic, surprising declarations during Ramallah conference; 'we, Hamas, are committed to calm up to this moment,' he says

get your country to return to its rightfull boarders and you will have peace
not that hard is it.

also

i dont do the BS with semetics,
Jews arent a race, go and preach to someone else about that

Jews are, ARABS, AFRICANS, Europeans and so on
so dont try that BS with me

dont give a sh** about what the Quran, Torah and so forth say,
you can always quote a fairytale to me , i will believe that more

also what gives you the idea i trust press TV