It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Senator David Vitter jumps down birther rabbit hole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Republican Senator David Vitter jumps down birther rabbit hole

www.examiner.com

Monday, in a Louisiana town-hall style meeting, Republican Senator David Vitter was asked what his position was on the legal movement to force president Obama “to produce a valid birth certificate.”

Vitter’s response:

"I support efforts to bring it to court. I think that is the valid and most possibly effective grounds to do it."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rawstory.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'm kind of on the fence as far as Obama's birth. On one hand, it seems far-fetched but on the other hand, it doesn't. It is something that could easily be covered up so why wasn't a better job done at covering this up, if indeed true? I do have to admit that I'm not that caught up on the specific details but from what I can remember, the only birth certificate produced was a modern one, minus the state seal, though I could certainly be wrong. I don't see what the big deal is with providing your birth certificate. Even when I went to get my DL and/or passport, I had to produce my birth certificate, the one with the state seal. Obama has his finger on the US nuclear arsenal, yet isn't made to conform with the relatively loose standards of getting a DL.

Here is the part that I don't get. Why wouldn't TPTB or Obama supporters just make a fake birth certificate - with the state seal? I'm sure that he has access to the resources to do such a thing. Is fabricating a birth certificate with the state seal such a hard thing to do?

In any case, you can now add Sen. Vitter of Louisiana to the birther bandwagon.

Just to note: I'm not a "birther", I'm just curious as to why I have to produce a standard to get a DL but Obama doesn't to control the fate of the world, irregardless of where he was born. That's all.

--airspoon

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Here is the part that I don't get. Why wouldn't TPTB or Obama supporters just make a fake birth certificate - with the state seal? I'm sure that he has access to the resources to do such a thing.

Two things I have noticed about TPTB. First, they like to push to see what they can get away with and second, they like to sit back and laugh about what they are getting away with.

I'm a little surprised Vitter joined the band wagon. I think it is a good thing.

I am not committed to any one side of the argument, but definitely leaning a tad on the side of the birthers.

The thing is, if there wasn't so much ambiguity on his background and conflicting stories, it wouldn't matter. I mean, if the guy was born in Chicago to two US citizens and never left the US for more than a two week vacation we wouldn't be having this discussion. With Obama, there is conflicting stories on his birth location, his status as a child while he was overseas, passports, etc. With the position of President, above all, it should be of national importance to investigate and clarify all issues as long as any doubt remains.

At this point, even those that aren't directly TPTB, but in government would likely not want to expose him. I think the can of worms that would open up would be more than society would stand. "We" are happier espousing our conspiracy theories and decrying him a usurper or calling others "nutty birthers" than to deal with the reality of that truth coming out.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

You just need to look at his first executive order...

Made before he even bothered to speak to his new loyal voters...

Nothing else needs to be said...

Those that have nothing to hide, hide nothing....

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

Just to note: I'm not a "birther", I'm just curious as to why I have to produce a standard to get a DL but Obama doesn't to control the fate of the world, irregardless of where he was born. That's all.

--airspoon

He showed his US birth certificate. Not only did he show it, it was posted online for every person in the world to see. Not only did he post it online for every person in the world to see, the Governor of the State of Hawaii also verified that he was born there. Not only did the Governor of Hawaii verify it, the State Registrar of Births verified it.

His opponent John McCain was born in Panama. He does not have a US birth certificate and was never asked to produce one.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Visit this: whatukno.com...

Then come back and view this:

Perhaps the good Senator failed to see the birth certificate that was posted online and verified as genuine.

Of course, that's probably not going to help is it? Threads like these get tons of stars and flags and get a lot of people that genuinely hate the POTUS foaming at the mouth.

This will go on and on with birthers jumping in citing already completely debunked information that has been on ATS dozens if not hundreds of times and we all will go back and forth, the birthers putting their hands on their eyes when this information is presented, and those of us that actually took the time to research this crap trying in vain to show them that this nonsense is in fact nonsense.

If there was any real validity to this story, Obama would have been ousted by now, fact is, he would have never gotten into office to begin with.

But don't just take my word for it, here are three sites that agree with me.

www.factcheck.org...

www.politifact.com...

www.snopes.com...

Any questions?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Okay, here's what I believe to be the deal with his birth certificate issue.

I believe Soetoro adopted Obama, after he married OB's mother and she brought him back to Indonesia.

I also believe that since OB was adopted in an Indonesian court, and the laws being somewhat different from the U.S., OB would still have a U.S. birth certificate on file - or, so he thought.

You see: in the U.S., the original birth certificate would have been replaced with the newly updated birth certificate. The original would have been either filed in some sealed archive somewhere, or simply destroyed - depending on the state's laws and how closely they adhered to them.

Since this was Indonesia, their laws were a bit different. As long as the child was under a certain age (under 6 - I believe), they did not require the mother to present an original birth certificate. They would, pretty much, take the mother's word for documentation, and issue an Indonesian birth certificate without having to surrender the original (U.S.) certificate. This only applied to children who were being adopted due to marriage, and were under a certain age.

Now, given the above, we could then see how Barry would have been able to travel to Pakistan, been eligible to received foreign scholarships, and just how he would have been able to get away with not registering with selective service at the age of 18. He would have had an Indonesian passport.

Okay, this is where we get back to the 'so he thought' statement:

I believe he, and those who should have vetted him, was sure that he still had a Hawaiian Birth Certificate, and would be able to obtain it; abeit with a bit of archive digging.

His trips to Hawaii, and sightings of him at the Hawaiian courts and other official offices, weren't so much to 'seal' and 'hide' his documents, but rather to 'find' those documents. I believe he pulled teeth (not literally) and strong-armed everyone he could, anyone and everyone who may be able to come up with the original certificate. Unfortunately, this was the 60s, and original papers were only as safe as the office that kept them. Who knows what happened to his original (didn't he say something about a fire?), but I believe this was a slap and the first 'uh-oh' moment for his ego. He really believed he would be able to find that original document. But, given that Indonesia probably did officially contact Hawaii, upon adoption, who knows what Hawaii chose to do with the certificate as it was no longer (really) their responsibility.

Anyway, I believe this to be the most logical explanation. Although on the surface it may not seem like such a big deal, it certainly is a mega problem.

-Sour

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yeah, that's the same type of birth certificate that I got turned away from the DMV with. Apparently, that form is not even enough for at least one state's DL requirement. If this form isn't valid enough to get a driver's licence, then how on earth could it be sufficient to rule the world?

As far as the governor saying Obama was born in HI, well I guess we can all rest peacefully, a politician has told us something so it must be the truth. Would you expect a politician to say anything different?

Here's the thing. I'm not so sure that Obama wasn't born in HI but when I have to produce a *valid birth certificate just to get a DL, then so should he when he has his thumb on the nuclear arsenal. Obama either can't produce one or he won't produce one, either scenario is extremely fishy.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

His original birth records are right there in Hawaii. Verified by the republican Governor. Why do you need to create a conspiracy around something that's clearly not factual? All this stuff about adoption and Indonesian law and lost records...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Yeah, that's the same type of birth certificate that I got turned away from the DMV with. Apparently, that form is not even enough for at least one state's DL requirement. If this form isn't valid enough to get a driver's licence, then how on earth could it be sufficient to rule the world?

The constitution doesn't specify what piece of paper is good enough for the job. Of course, we have already discussed the DMV angle at length ad nauseum. Over and over people bitch the DMV angle, it just doesn't work at ALL.

As far as the governor saying Obama was born in HI, well I guess we can all rest peacefully, a politician has told us something so it must be the truth. Would you expect a politician to say anything different?

The state's Republican governor? What does she have to gain?

Here's the thing. I'm not so sure that Obama wasn't born in HI but when I have to produce a *valid birth certificate just to get a DL, then so should he when he has his thumb on the nuclear arsenal. Obama either can't produce one or he won't produce one, either scenario is extremely fishy.

Ugg, not this useless crap argument yet again, did you miss the dozens of threads on this subject for the last TWO YEARS?

The above IS a valid birth certificate.

Besides, the REPUBLICAN governor...

For Immediate Release: October 31, 2008

STATEMENT BY DR. CHIYOME FUKINO
“There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama’s official birth certificate. State law (Hawai‘i Revised Statutes §338-18) prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record.
“Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.
“No state official, including Governor Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawai‘i.”

Source: hawaii.gov...

I know it won't end the argument, because the fact is, you people DON'T WANT IT TO END! You people have absolutely ZERO evidence that Obama was born ANYWHERE else but Hawaii, you people don't want to listen to reason, facts, real evidence, and reality. All you want is to push this STUPID MORONIC PATHETIC DISGUSTING USELESS conspiracy theory.

WHY? Because you don't like the POTUS. That's fine, but go after what he is actually doing, don't just make up garbage and think that it will stick. Either that or get every Republican behind you so that we can make sure that they loose their bids for election!

This is such a pathetic conspiracy theory that other conspiracy theorists laugh at you when you bring it up.

You all would rather listen and believe the most unsubstantiated internet rumor than actually look at the facts.

Don't be an American Idiot, don't be a birther

Listen, ill put up Ann Coulter weighing in on Birthers...

[edit on 7/14/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Visit this: whatukno.com...
Any questions?

Father Race: African ?!??

Are Americans really that stupid that they don't know there is only one race ? Made me laugh though to see such crap on an official state document. Tnx.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

It's funny because you say Republican governor as if the Republicans and Democrats are any different, suggesting you completely fall for this false left-right paradigm of American politics. Just know this, Repubs and Dems are just two different sides of the same coin.

I hate how people think all is well because they have two supposed opposing parties in DC. They both have common interests and they do not include you or me. The two-party system fools people into believing they are safe. It really is that simple and I see that it has worked perfectly on you. It is what's exactly wrong with the system.

You see the thing about the form provided to quell dissenters, is it was completely typed up and printed off after Obama became President. Anyone could have created that. As I have said before, that particular form is not even good enough for most tasks and there is a reason for this. Why should it be good enough for the President?

As far as your argument about the HI governor being a Republican and therefore "not a part of it", that makes me seriously question your ability at critical self thought. The Dems and Repubs only differ on small cosmetic issues, which gives the people an illusion that there is some type of opposition but in reality, they are both working for corporate interests. Just about every "joe" left in America has realized this thus far.

Come on, use your head here and at least make a valid argument. I want to see a birth certificate, not some form printed of by the current state government. The fact that they have not yet provided one is telling. Either they are trying to hide something on the certificate or they simply don't have one.

For instance, when I had to get a copy of my BC, all I had to do was call my state and they promptly sent a real one over. Why can't this happen with Obama?

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Ok, I am out, I have done round after round with this pointless crap.

It's obvious that you have no evidence at all to support your side of this argument, but supposedly I have to supply you with all the evidence, and have you just refute it out of hand.

So, do some research, check out the dozens of birther threads on here, I know I won't convince you, I know your not looking for the truth. So screw it, I ain't getting involved again with this bull crap birther nonsense.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
When the only broadcasting company that supports you is Fox news, thats when I would question what I was thinking.
I personally think it's a subversion for something that we should be looking for that could actually show Obama to be a shill, which he most certainly is.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You have not provided any evidence against my argument. I have said from the beginning that HI provided a form suggesting his birth in that state.

What evidence have you provided? My whole argument is that there isn't a real birth certificate and thus not enough evidence. The same type of birth certificate required for just about everything by both the federal government and state governments. The governor's "word" and a form filled out after the President got elected is not enough evidence, period. If such a form isn't enough evidence for me to prove my birth for something as simple as a driver's licence then it surely shouldn't be enough evidence to have your finger on the nuclear button.

The funny thing is, if such a big deal was never made of this, then I wouldn't doubt at all but the fact that Obama either can't provide an adequate birth certificate or he won't, is very telling.

There really is no evidence to present on my side of the argument as an adequate BC has yet to be provided. It took me all of two weeks to order a valid BC, so why is it that Obama can't do the same?

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
WE know Obama was CIA.
The uber spies, arms dealers, and dope dealers of the world.
Knowing that, is a forged doc such big a leap?

Court would put the matter to rest...properly

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

What I'm scratching my head over, is why didn't they just go ahead and forge the real thing, instead of just the form? I realize that the form would be much easier, as you are only getting someone in the office to print off a real form with whatever info you want on it. But still, why not just fabricate the actual BC?

I'm not sure that Obama wasn't born in the USA but something smells fishy. Either they are trying to hide something on the real BC or he just wasn't born here and I happen to lean towards the former, as opposed to the latter.

I wonder what on earth they would want to hide from his BC. Could it be something as simple as his parent's stated religion and therefore a benign and unimportant reason or is it something much more sinister? It could be something as simple as his mother putting Muslim as the religion, in which case he would want to hide it for political reasons. Even though that would be beyond his control, many of close-minded Americans wouldn't see it that way.

at this point, I have not seen enough evidence to suggest that he wasn't born here in the US, though I have seen enough evidence to suggest that he is hiding his BC for some reason, hence we still have yet to see it.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

He has a shady past....not a good prerequisite for the
"leader of the free world"

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Not correct. A dude on the internet created a state issued document which said there was a record of birth, proven to be a forgery. The only birth certificat I've seen came from a hospital in Mombasa, Kenya and has his footprint on it. It was uncovered by a documentary team, and comes complete with interview of his grandmother, who verifies it, and the signature of the hospital administrator who signed it on camera. They're doing their best to supress, but it's been sworn into evidence in a lawsuit that is currently moving forward. Dude was born in Kenya, as his wife and grandmother have both said on camera.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Just heard on the radio that 9 people were indited for looking up OBAMA'S student loan records.

They also looked up John Wayne's student loan records among others.

new topics

top topics

join