It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil deGrasse Tyson Debunks 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ptmckiou

Great. By 2011 we will know that this is all a scam to sell junk books and survival gear. Thanks. I'll be glad by then to see these unfounded and silly claims laid to rest.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Not one of the things people say will happen in 2012 is credible. Magnetic pole shifts, rotational shift of the earth, planetary realignment, Nibiru, brown dward, red dwarf, giant moon, asteroid...whatever...it's all total hogwash and only gullible people believe in it.

I challenge anyone to tell me what he/she thinks will happen, and I'll debunk it

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well he's actually quite wrong, the sun earth alignment actually happens twice a year. What is important is the alignment coinciding with solstice. This has been happening very closely for the last several years and will continue for some time but it does not happen every year on that date. The closest alignment was actually in 1998.

What happens on 2012 astronomically is very significant from the point of view of the maya, on that day the sun appears to cross the dark rift from one side to the other, it lines up almost perfectly with the length of day. Symbolizing rebirth.

I think he's been getting his information from the internet.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by Master Shen long
reply to post by ZeeSquared

Because your science is so good your can predict things of an astronomical event in 2 years time? Didnt see you predict the Tsunami a few years back, or Hiait, or Katrina, or any other earth related event.

And yea he looks like a pimp, a pimp for the sheeple.

And you claim yours is good enough to know something WILL happen?
Oh wait, all you're probably going to post is spiritual claims, and we ALL know those are ALWAYS right.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

I have never claimed anything will happen in 2012 and never posted anything spiritual, in fact i think it is mostly doomsday garbage taken way out of context. The only thing i predict for 2012 is that London will host the olympics..... But i stand by my statement, he looks like a pimp!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Master Shen long, what does a Tsunami, Haiti, or Katrina have to do with astrophysics and astronomical objects? Your use of red herrings might seem noble to you, but it has nothing to do with my retort towards you. You asked how can someone debunk something that hasn't happened yet. I replied that when it comes to astronomy, things can be predicted, measured, and verified. You can do the "science" yourself if you so choose to. Make a telescope, learn trigonometry, study calculus, and you are set.

On a lighter note, I do agree, he does look rather eccentric with that hat. LOL.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Why are people saying he looks like a Pimp? I think he just looks like a pretty cool guy. Is it because he's black?

Regardless, it doesn't matter what he looks like, it's his ideas that matter.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Attacking the speaker, his looks, dress, ethnicity, or pattern of speech are tactics used by people that have nothing of importance to say.

Having said that I do enjoy being targeted as a person that is dis-info officer from NASA or wherever. So don't hold back.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Didn't need OP or Tyson to tell me what was already obvious, but it's warm and invigorating with the company, nonetheless. Thanks, OP.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
degrasse is a bastard under the payroll of the NWO or w.e you wanna call it..

A paid debunker working against us for the money.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Never heard of him and whats more he looks like a pimp.

how can people debunk something that has never happend???

Very puzzling. Like me debunking the 5th world war. Aint gonna happen unless im full of crud!

HAHAHA! i crapped my pants when i read 'he looks like a pimp'

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Sho-
As much as I love discussing 2012 I have to say that most discussions are in fact irrelevant. It is a topic you either believe or don't.

Personally I am a believer and there is nothing anyone can say to make me believe otherwise (including Mr Tyson, however credible he might be). Likewise the skeptics will never be convinced until its too late.

If the day does pass by with no event then I will happily laugh at my own mistake with all the skeptics! At least then we'll only have the NWO to worry about

AMEN

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
-Sho- stated:

Personally I am a believer and there is nothing anyone can say to make me believe otherwise (including Mr Tyson, however credible he might be). Likewise the skeptics will never be convinced until its too late.

This is the statement of a closed mind. Someone with an open mind would be looking for the evidence of to support the facts.

A skeptic doesn't accept ideas with proof or supporting evidence. Skeptics are convinced long before it is too late. They evaluate the evidence.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Mr Tyson is right regarding the internet myths but embarrasingly wrong on the astronomical side considering his profession.

The sun does not line up with the galactic centre on that day Dec 21st every year. The sun does indeed line up every year, as I said, twice a year if you think about it. It's not perfect, it's always off by a few degrees because of our position relative to the galactic equator but never on the same day.

I'm not a great astronomer at all but I know this much.

I'm thinking because this was informal, perhaps he thought it wouldn't be seen and he could spout any crapola he wanted to the unknowing. And then claim to empower them with false information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join