It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP has nuclear weapons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

BP has nuclear weapons?

www.helium.com

Apparently BP is contemplatimg using a nuclear device as a last ditch effort to end the deep water horizon eco-debacle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Since when did corporations have access to nuclear weapons? Well apparently they do according to this article. Which states that BP engineers and scientists are working feverishly to develope a nuclear fusion device to close the ever lengthening crack that they created in the ocean's floor. How many other Corporations have access to nuclear weapons? Who regulates them? Are they regulated at all? Ponder the implications dear reader!

www.helium.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
undoubtedly the BP Engineers did not
watch all those caveman movies
else they would know that 2 rocks hitting
together makes heat. Add heat to that
methane gas pocket and it's ki$$ our @$$
goodbye.

I think a mini nuke is a mistake here
but I'm just a hillbilly redneck, what do
I know???

This is the first helium article I think I've seen.
Is this source reliable ???

[edit on 14-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
if you honestly think that A) there is a big crack in the ocean floor, and B) mexico and us governments would be hunkey dorey with bp detonating a nuclear device in the gulf, then keep beleiving what the extremist conspiracy peoples tell you...

this one is a no brainer, common sense is all you need. sensationalists and fear mongors will try to sell anything to get a few web hits.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I very much doubt BP has direct access it's own nuke, tho I am sure they have access to a few Govs that do, For example the US might have a few spare they are not using right now.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Wake up people!!! This whole senario is NOT being run by BP, and neither do they have the button of a nuke in their grubby hands.... This whole mess is being overseen by the US government... BP are merely fronting it. If you think the US would sit by and watch BP control the gulf and the leak, then you are somewhat nieve.

Think about it.... The US controls most of the world, why the hell would they not control their own waters!

If they are all scratching their heads as to how to solve this, then they might think a nuke is all that's left. Either way, if it goes wrong, it has to be seen as BP's cock-up, not the governments. Arse protection is the name of the game!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klaatumagnum

Ponder the implications dear reader!

Hmm - I agree Klaatu - this is shocking, it goes to show we have entered a corpocracy worldwide - nations cant have nukes, but psycho corporations can - without any outcry.

So we enter a new era, where everything is subservient to the corporation.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

how in the heck do you go from a non verifiable source to talking like bp has a nuclear weapon for certain!!

bp does NOT have a nuke...

ugh... i am done with this thread. self educate! DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

Let break this one down a bit?

Does BP have nuclear weapons?

Hello, what planet are the people from helium.com from? Of course BP does not have nuclear weapons and even getting access to them would be a huge Stretch, even for the great demon that President Obama is portraying BP as.

Of course, I would expect BP's people to look at ever option to resolve this challenge and I would be disappointed if the use of a nuclear weapon was not one of the ideas put forward or considered. Remember, BP has asked the world to offer suggestions.

One of the things this article proves is that everything must be challenged and we can take very little at face value

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I wonder if some you debunkers actaully read some of the article, or just saw BP and Nuclear in the same sentence and thought you would drop by to throw your lot in.

The giant oil company is now quietly preparing to test a small nuclear device in a frenzied rush against time to quell a cascading catastrophe. If successful they will have the capability to detonate a controlled fusion generated pulse.
While the world watches BP's attempt to contain the oil gusher at the former Deepwater Horizon site, company officials have given the green light on an astounding plan to use what is known as a nuclear EPFCG charge if all else fails....
At a super-secret security base-CFB Suffield-located in southern Alberta, Canada, area reports indicate that high level engineers, physicists and military scientists are feverishly working to complete an ‘explosively pumped flux compression generator’ (EPFCG).

According to published scientific papers [see sources below] an EPFCG generator can be powered by a very small, controlled fusion explosion-in other words, a tiny nuclear bomb....
The EPFCG—a Star Wars super weapon

A device that can only be used once, the EPFCG generates a high power electromagnetic pulse. It achieves this by using a powerful explosive, preferably nuclear. Advanced, nuclear driven EPFCGs can instantaneously create up to billions of amperes and hundreds of terawatts. Such raw power exceeds lighting bolts by huge orders of magnitude.
The pulse can be shaped and directed and used to knock out electronics-or more importantly in this case—to fuse virtually any material—including crumbling rock strata deep under the sea. The fantastically energized pulse can also compress objects to very high pressures and densities. [3]

According to engineers familiar with the technology, the devices can generate plasma arcs hotter than the surface of the sun that will melt and fuse materials in nanoseconds.

The OP raises a very valid and concerning question here about privately owned nuclear technology, but this isn't nuclear weapons here. The device they are talking about uses a, preferably, nuclear detonation to create a massive arc weld and assumably melt the well shut. You guys are so busy bashing the idea expressed in the title of the thread and the OP for posting it that you didn't even read the article. This isn't the first time nuclear technology has bounced around private hands either, demolition companies and the mining industry for example, have both had a keen interest in developing small yield devices.
Interesting article OP thanks for posting it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

Since when did corporations have access to nuclear weapons?

Remember this - just about every weapons system the US has, including the most secret, and including every component of a nuke, is built by the lowest bidding private contractor. So to answer the OP's simple question - corporations have had ACCESS to nuclear weapons for a very long time.

Do oil companies like BP have their own arsenal of weaponry to deploy as they choose? Of course not.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

At a super-secret security base-CFB Suffield-located in southern Alberta, Canada, area reports indicate that high level engineers, physicists and military scientists are feverishly working to complete an ‘explosively pumped flux compression generator’ (EPFCG).

It sounds very super-secret being posted on a website.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch
Wake up people!!! This whole senario is NOT being run by BP, and neither do they have the button of a nuke in their grubby hands.... This whole mess is being overseen by the US government... BP are merely fronting it.

Very true.

Originally posted by wx4caster
bp does NOT have a nuke...

At the end of the day, they are subcontractors for those who do.

[edit on 14/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimpish

It sounds very super-secret being posted on a website.

The military base is there, it just isn't super secret. I don't know why they would say that. BP has oil and gas field interests in Alberta too, so they will be around there.

Helium is free lance writers who post to the site. They are supposed to have fact checkers, but not sure how much gets by without being checked first.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

With all due respect, BP has been running the show since the inception of this disaster. BP knowingly drilled into a HUGE pocket of methane and if some scientists are right, if this methane is released will cause a loss of life in the millions. Mexico? please they will have nothing to say about it. This is yet another example, an extreme example that corporations are running the country and the world. It's clear in the Gulf, that the Coast Guard and the EPA take their marching orders from BP Thank you for your response.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIn

Thank you for your response. But what's stopping them from developing their own arsenals if this is true? Nothing can stop them. This is a tremendously dangerous revelation folks!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Thank You! Corporations are running the planet. This is becoming increasingly more and more evident each and every day. Big pharma..runs the FDA. USDA is full of Monsanto hacks in positions of high places. BP was a huge campaign contributor to Obama. Private corporations donate millions to Senate and Congress for elections each cycle and while congress is in session. I could go on and on. But to have access to this type of technology and to detonate it above a massive pocket of methane? There's an old Chinese curse, "may you live in interesting times". I guess we live in interesting times indeed.

Namaste

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
BP with nukes ....
imagine if they lost one ?
this is a civilian corporation from UK
the nukes are secure in deep army bunker

but maybe they have TNT
or other explosive bombs for drilling solid rock (cant confirm that)
but never a nuke ....

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
if you honestly think that A) there is a big crack in the ocean floor, and B) mexico and us governments would be hunkey dorey with bp detonating a nuclear device in the gulf, then keep beleiving what the extremist conspiracy peoples tell you...

this one is a no brainer, common sense is all you need. sensationalists and fear mongors will try to sell anything to get a few web hits.
Well I am huge on anti fearmongoring,. however,.this really has been suggested.
which is uncomfortably concerning.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
BP = Big Corporations = US Government = US Military = Nukes

So, yeah, they have access to nukes!

new topics

top topics

join