It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J.R. Ewing says civilization will collapse within 20 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Larry Hagman of 'Dallas' fame becomes the new face of SolarWorld

Link to the washed up actor

Actor Larry Hagman was all about petroleum when he played oil magnate J.R. Ewing in television's longrunning "Dallas" series. These days, he's pitching solar energy with a new slogan -- "Shine, baby, shine," -- soon to air on a television near you.

Hagman is the face of a new ad campaign for SolarWorld, the German company making solar cells in Hillsboro. He admits the slogan is a jab at Sarah Palin's "Drill, baby, drill," refrain during the 2008 presidential campaign.

"'Shine, baby, shine' is an inexhaustible source of energy," said Hagman, who plans to address the Intersolar trade show today in San Francisco. "When affordable oil gives out, we're in real trouble -- I mean the collapse of civilization, within 15 to 20 years."

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I thought JR had been shot?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Major Nelson a washed up actor? Why because he's old? I wish I would have gotten to play opposite Barbara Eden in that Jeannie costume of hers. Anyway, I think you should show some respect.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Major Nelson a washed up actor? Why because he's old? I wish I would have gotten to play opposite Barbara Eden in that Jeannie costume of hers. Anyway, I think you should show some respect.

I agree with the OP. This actor ruined his liver on alchohol, then cut in line with his money so he could get a donated one.

His acting never was that great. And this amounts to nothing more than him using a scripted attempt at fear mongering in order to cash a check as the "celebrity spokesperson".

If we need off oil so bad, quit stifling research that would have done it decades ago.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What does Larry Hagman aka. Major Nelson know? Does he have special "see the future" powers? He's just an actor.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

Tell me what Larry Hagman has done to earn respect from anyone?
The guy is a tool. He ruined is liver with alcohol and then used his millions to get to the top of this list for a new one. I bet he is working on ruining that one too. His opinion means nothing to me.

Edit to add:
What a surprise! Larry has some time and money invested in a solar power company. Hagman is the face of a new ad campaign for SolarWorld, the German company making solar cells in Hillsboro.
Again, the guy is a tool.

[edit on 7/14/2010 by Erasurehead]

new topics

top topics

join