It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi not so new...whats' in this photo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hi, I had to make a new account because I couldn't remember my old password or email that I used. For that matter, I probably don't have 20 posts under that account in order to start a thread anywhere else.

I took a photo today, and something is in it... not sure what because we never saw this object when the photo was taken. I'll submit it here for some people to figure out what it might be.

BTW: Location is the Uinta mountains east of Salt Lake City. We were at the top of the trail (10850 feet) and heading down the back side.

Here's a link the photo... I exported it in TIF format because I assume this keeps most of the original photo data intact. I can upload it a different way if anyone feels its important.

public.me.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Interesting photo - would like to see a zoom. The color of the UFO is brown, that's makes me think of military. Perhaps a helicopter but I don't see any blades. If you could zoom and post it, that would be great. Warning - get ready for debunking. Lovely landscape as well!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Interesting photo - would like to see a zoom. The color of the UFO is brown, that's makes me think of military. Perhaps a helicopter but I don't see any blades. If you could zoom and post it, that would be great. Warning - get ready for debunking. Lovely landscape as well!

Sure should have did some zooms to begin with...

public.me.com...

public.me.com...

BTW I don't mind the debunking.... We just can't figure out what the heck it is. Curious that's all.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by atcshane2]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Love that your providing a 28 meg tiff. A rarity here for sure. I'm sure Sauron will come by and shut this thread down at any moment because its not a proper intro. I hope it wont discourage you from posting it again.

Looks kind of organic in nature.

Edit to add: There is something small off to the left of it. Remember what that was?

[edit on 13-7-2010 by dainoyfb]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the zooms - I may be way off here but it sorta looks like a paper bag the wind has caught and it is floating across a current

[edit on 13-7-2010 by crazydaisy]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by atcshane2

thats a bird.

pretty cool

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
Love that your providing a 28 meg tiff. A rarity here for sure. I'm sure Sauron will come by and shut this thread down at any moment because its not a proper intro. I hope it wont discourage you from posting it again.

Looks kind of organic in nature.

Edit to add: There is something small off to the left of it. Remember what that was?

[edit on 13-7-2010 by dainoyfb]

Are you talking about the small dot in the sky? If so, I didn't see that until you got me looking closer at it. Perhaps its #2 in the flight of whatever this is.

My first thought was something in a tight left turn and moving fast, causing it to distort in the photo. If its military (perhaps). we didn't hear ANYTHING or see ANYTHING during the time I snapped this photo.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Are we talking about this guy:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5e98af91d9b.png[/atsimg]

Looks like a birdie to me ... hard to tell for sure without an ornithology degree.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yes, I was referring to the small dot.

In one respect its too bad it was cloudy. If the environment had been brighter the camera probably would have used a faster exposure and the object wouldn't have been so motion blurred.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I agree looks like a bird ... maybe a Junco

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Hi,

but if you compare the size of the object to the landscape , doesn't it seem too big in size to be a bird.....
i mean looking at the structure of the object ..looks similar to a robin , but the size somehow contradicts , because birds with this huge size maybe an eagle would have a different body structure

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Because of the tail i have to agree with the bird version.

Clearly see an organic form in the zoom provided

perspective are odd, hard to judge the size of the object, in my view that thing is huge, is there eagle in that zone ?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by B3lz3buth
Because of the tail i have to agree with the bird version.

Clearly see an organic form in the zoom provided

perspective are odd, hard to judge the size of the object, in my view that thing is huge, is there eagle in that zone ?

I don't believe there are eagles around there... but there certainly are hawks. Maybe thats it. The more I look at it, I'm thinking bird too.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by atcshane2]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by searching_waiting

no, because its a lot closer than you think. the bird is closer to the camera than you think. I would say its less than 20 feet away.

they move fast. i have a few pics just like this. you happened to get a reallg good one.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by B3lz3buth

it isnt an eagle. it isnt big. its a mind trick. it is close and small. you could hold in your palm probably.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well, thanks to all of you for taking the time to take a look at it. I'm sure the way I posted it made it more difficult than just seeing the picture when you open the thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by atcshane2

Definitely a bird. I'd go for a purple finch or a house finch, then I looked it up on a map and find the Cassin's Finch is only regional red finch. They have a reddish head and chest and brown/buff other places. Zooms show the color pattern, and the flight silhouette would be right.

top topics

join