It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key BP Oil Well Test Delayed - US Official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (AFP)--The start of BP PLC's (BP) crucial integrity test of the leaking Gulf of Mexico oil well has been delayed until at least Wednesday, the U.S. official leading the disaster response said.

Adm. Thad Allen, the former U.S. Coast Guard chief, said he had taken the decision to delay the test after meetings with Energy Secretary Steven Chu, a Nobel Prize-winning physicist, and other top experts.

"As a result of these discussions, we decided that the process may benefit from additional analysis that will be performed tonight and tomorrow," Allen said in as statement.

BP is poised to test whether a huge 75-ton cap can choke off the leak without threatening the structural integrity of the well.

Key BP Oil Well Test Delayed

I have a feeling this is probably the beginning of many bad things to come in the effort to fix the well in the GOM

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Given what many have theorized about and written on this very board, this turn of events is almost predictable...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
did you watch cnn this morning, if your smart you probably didnt, i like to watch the media whores to pick out there spin and analyze it. any way firsat the said the relief wells were probably our only hope, then 10 min later befor they go to commercial they said. ITS Capped, then when they came back from commercail they said there gonna start the cap install and see if it hold, and made it sound like this was gonna work! Thier spin was full throttle to say the least.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by James Battleworthy

Yea I heard that and I won't be listening to their crap any longer!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Your link didnt show much info..this one is better:
news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

join