It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Iran register ships in the Isle of Man?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

A BBC investigation has uncovered questions over whether Iranian ships have been registered in the Isle of Man to evade international sanctions.

Link to full story @BBC

The Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Line (IRISL) has been under increasing levels of international sanctions during the past two years for its part in smuggling nuclear technologies and ballistic missile parts as well as for running weapons to other groups allied to the regime in Tehran.

Thousands of miles away from the Persian Gulf on the Isle of Man, a tiny UK Crown Dependency in the Irish Sea which has its own laws and an ancient parliament, a local businessman has been involved in transferring the ownership of IRISL vessels into six companies he has helped to form.

Just another arrow in the quiver of those who say that International Sanctions are, for the most part, useless.

As a side note, I don't think it really matters. There will soon be a revolution in Iran, and a new government will form that will be far more willing to toe the Western line. The people of Iran have had enough of their crazy leadership.

Will there be war in the Middle East? Sure - just not for a decade or so. TPTB aren't quite ready for the big kaboom yet - there are still too many global preparations to make for the social fallout that will occur during and following such a massive, nuclear conflict.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm from the Isle of man and i would just like to say "That rocks" We are the oldest and ONLY democracy, we have a one person one vote system and it is not sliced up so you have 10,000,000 people in one state and 50 in another with equal rights. WE ROCK!

anyway, oh no did they really register those boats, I guess we got paid a # load of cash again lol

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Isle of Man, f*** yeah!

So what does this mean?

new topics

join