It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Having a Crappy Summer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
In the past three weeks, my youngest son's appendix ruptured, my mother had a heart attack, my husband had a mild stroke, my older son had a Penicillin reaction, and my dog had to be rushed to the vet hospital and may not make it through the night. While these events were occurring, our house began to break dow--everything from a broken a/c to a window shattering.Everyone in the family is starting to wonder: what's next? Last summer was very bad also (prowlers, rabid skunks, illness, etc.). Then autumn arrived, and life was good.
Now, the whole summer cycle seems to be rebooting.

Is bad luck "sticky?" Or is it just bad luck? Do troubles come in 3s? Or is this just Fate?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yeah, my summer has been pretty crappy too
I hope our summers start to go better though

good luck and try to stay positive

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Sorry to hear of your troubles must be something good and possibly life changing is coming your way. I have found that what you speak of is usually a sign you are about to progress soon. Hang in there there is only one way to go when you hit bottom and that is UP!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I understand how you feel. I have had times like that too where it's just one thing after another. Take one day at a time. I hope things turn around for you and your family and I wish you all well. Hugs!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm sorry for your troubles. I can relate. My mom died, and one of our beloved shop dogs died a week later. Today our horse died. It's been the worst year I can remember. I know it is life, but it doesn't make it any easier. Perhaps all of us that are going through this very rough year will come out of it a little stronger. I know that there are others that have it so much worse. I count my blessings.

Blessing to you
saxony

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Mine's in the fall/ winter from my Birthday til about march or april. It's due to something incredibly traumatic Oct of 1992.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm having a crappy summer... There aren't any jobs, No money, BP Oil Spill, A crapshoot government and loads of bullocks!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Sorry your having a bad summer but guess what - we have had our share this summer too. AC isn't working and its hot and humid. I have a heart condition so my energy is zapped after being up 10 minutes. My husband didn't get a pay check at all in June, mix up in bank accounts - that made the bills late - now we're trying to catch up. Bought another car and found out how difficult it was to get the title as the person I bought it from didn't have it in their name - ha, told me this after I paid them for it. Had a lot of red tape to get a title in my name. My husband and I both have had constant headaches, sinus problems I suppose. My daughter's husband who has Leukemia left after she, I and others in the family saw him thru 2 years of treatment after a stem cell transplant. He just up and left, left her with the bills as he has no income. I personally took care of him every day for a year when he was home. This was a heart break to all of us. We feel the extensive radiation and chemo affected his mind. My dog was real sick for a week, thought we were going to loose him, he's okay now. I guess I have turned this into a Bad Summer Rant thread. Well last winter was okay, weather was so bad we stayed in for 3 months, had cabin fever but it kept things calm somehow. Delete this post if inappropriate for this thread. Lets hope for a better end of summer and Fall for all of us. Good luck OP and thank you for letting me rant! I feel so much better now.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies. Here's hoping all of us have smooth sailing, and soon.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about everyone's bad summer in this thread. I hope things start looking up soon, honestly! I will pray.

As for me, I've been unemployed since March so this summer hasn't exactly been fun.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Summer just began. Hopefully your out of the woods on the bad luck streak. Good blessings to you and yours.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by drclifford

Troubles come and go. Winter before last was a rather awful time for my family. Meh. Things happen. Some things you can control, others you can't.

May 1st we suffered a rather major disturbance due to flooding in my area. Our house is leaned up now from the mold. The major thing we are concerned about is our A/C and heating system was totally submerged in our cellar. The water rose so quickly there was nothing our sump pump could do about it, nor could we with buckets. The kitchen floor is buckling from the water damage. We'll eventually be able to afford to replace the floor. The drywall and floor tiles in other rooms, I've repaired and replaced. The HVAC system? Still waiting for a local company to replace/repair what needs to be done. And I contacted the "best" in my area to do this. It's rather hot and humid in our house and this is the worst summer heat wave we've had in many years. Uncomfortable is not the word for it. But stuff happens and we deal with it.

My mom is now in a nursing home, can't even move on her own, but is very aware. Her mind stilll works, but she might as well be dead. I'm awaiting an appointment to have my two front teeth pulled because they are loose and I can't use them. They hurt. My wife's arthritis in her back is probably the worst it's ever been. And there's nothing to be done for that. Every movement is painful for her. My eyesight is failing ever quicker.

My granddaughters father just told them he isn't coming back for a few more years. His current girlfriend sent a message on facebook to the 13 year old and laughed at her. Telling her, "I got your daddy, now b*tch. Ha ha ha. He's staying with me. He loves me more than you!" Just WTF is that about?

Well, I could go on and on. But, this is life. Things happen and you deal with them the best you can.

Well, WTF this is about is, this is life. It ain't heaven, that's for sure.

You'll be alright, though. It's a roller coaster ride. Eh? Up and down and up and down. Enjoy the best parts of the ride is my advice.

By the way, I read an article about a local jail, where the prisoners were complaining because the A/C wasn't working well enough. Oh, My God! It was 85 degrees on the third floor!!
Oh the inhumanity of it all!

I read that article while sitting in 95 degree temperature.

Oh, much rain, again this summer. But, wow! The blackberry bushes have been producing huge berries and they are so dang sweet! We are gonna have some great blackberry jam and pies. And the peaches on the trees are ripening very well. Can't wait to sink my other teeth, heh, into hot, juicy, sweet, soft flesh of those delicious peaches. I see many pies in my near future. Wooohooooo! Pop, who is slowing down considerably in his old age is gonna maybe even give me a hug when I bring him some freshly baked peach pie with vanilla ice cream.

One of my dearest sisters is slowly losing her health. And I feel really, extra bad about this, because I am living only due to her giving me one of her kidneys 14 years ago. On a good note, for my own conscience, though, kidney failure isn't what is killing her. The bad note is, though, she ain't ready to meet the grim reaper.

Do you have some good words for her to help her out on this? They would be greatly appreciated!

Life's a B*tch and she has sisters with very bad attitudes as well.

So what do my ramblings all lead to? Find a blessing in your life wherever you can. It really helps, ya know?

Good fortune to you, my friend! It's there. You just have to recgonize it when you stumble across it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by saxony
I'm sorry for your troubles.......I know that there are others that have it so much worse. I count my blessings.

Blessing to you
saxony

Yep, there is always someone else who is worse off. Even in what seems to be the darkest times, remebering this can provide strength to persevere. And I add, help one to not wallow in self pity for very long.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
this summer does kinda suck I can't find a job, I will probably have back surgery right before I go to college and there aren't any good parties around like last summer.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by America?

Omaha Stylee?

I used to party in your area. Sounds like all the fun left town.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well i thought i was having a crappy summer until I read this thread, now my crappy summer pales in comparison to other peoples, i was just going to complain about not being able to afford a holiday, but now after reading other posts im very glad i have my health and that everyone i love is alive and well.

Good luck everyone, i hope things brighten up in your lives.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yup! Crappy summer ever. Paternal grandma recently passed away. Sustained penny-sized burn mark. Working as a temp near slamming door - again. Going broke. Getting old and very cranky. Heatwave too hot!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by drclifford

That is called KARMA.

Country Karma.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I believe in Karma. But I also believe bad luck can hit those who are mindful of Karma. I also think s**t happens.

We moved to a ranch 4 years ago, and it seems like our bad summers began at this time. A friend told me that bad luck can attach itself to a person, place, or thing. At this point, I am almost ready to think we moved onto the Bad Luck Ranch. But I sure can't move...so does that mean I can't change my "luck"?

Something very good happened today, and instead of being thankful, I found myself unable to experience joy because I'm still focused on the bad. When I became playful, joyful, I felt my whole mood do a 180. I sometimes think the universe puts us through the paces and how we react makes all the difference.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by drclifford]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Yeah isn't much around anymore and if there is they are always getting busted.

top topics

join