It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its all just a coincidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
No matter what occers how possibly can coincidence be offered as an answer. There are far too many coincidences, in fact too many to say it is a coincidence that there are so many. So the odds on a coincidence occuring must have reduced from nigh-on improbable to a fair chance. This non relective change in odds of a coincidence indicates that someone is telling porkies. So has anybody calculated the odds of each black flag event of being a coincidence.

www.youtube.com...

There must conspiracy somewhere ........... I bet.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i personally don't believe in coincidence as a random occurrence.

everything happens for a reason and all energy in the universe is from one source...

everything is connected, thereby eliminating the possibility of coincidence being random.

from thefreedictionary.com:

co·in·ci·dence (k-ns-dns, -dns)
n.
1. The state or fact of occupying the same relative position or area in space.
2. A sequence of events that although accidental seems to have been planned or arranged.

i like #2 - although accidental seems planned...

it could easy be re-worded:

"A sequence of events that although planned or arranged seems to have been accidental."

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I agree. Everything seems to have a "set" path.

Coincidental to me only means something unexpected but having a similar connection.

But not random.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
i personally don't believe in coincidence as a random occurrence.

everything happens for a reason and all energy in the universe is from one source...

everything is connected, thereby eliminating the possibility of coincidence being random.

from thefreedictionary.com:

co·in·ci·dence (k-ns-dns, -dns)
n.
1. The state or fact of occupying the same relative position or area in space.
2. A sequence of events that although accidental seems to have been planned or arranged.

i like #2 - although accidental seems planned...

it could easy be re-worded:

"A sequence of events that although planned or arranged seems to have been accidental."

I think your reworded definition fits the word deception.

Are people being deceived? Probably.

However, that doesn't mean that everything you see is a deception. There can be coincidences. You say that everything happens for a reason. Perhaps that is true. Unfortunately, each individuals actions might have unexpected consequences. This is the realm of the coincidence.

Your disbelief of the coincidence presupposes that there is a perfect intelligence that controls everyone's actions. As such, every action has known consequences and every result follows a plan.

If we're not being directly controlled by some perfect intelligence, then unintended results can happen. This is the coincidence. Consequences, by definition, are random in that they don't follow a plan or purpose.

Even though a coincidence may seem unlikely, it's not zero. The fact that you've seen the results means that it's possible. Therefore, no matter how unlikely an event may be, a conspiracy is not a certainty.

Are there degrees of coincidences? This is a debate best left up to the Larry David's of the world.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Considering this website is based mostly off of conspiracy theories, I highly doubt that most people on here believe in coincidences anyway. I mean, I know there's a difference. But if you think on a deeper level (as most here do), then "coincidence" is too much of a surface-scratching "answer"

new topics

top topics

join