It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting in the UK (My video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hey ATS. On the way back from a mates house (Around 5 AM 09/07/10) i noticed something in the sky. It looked like a missile and didn't look too far away (Bearing in mind i'm no UFO expert) so i got my phone out and started recording. (I was on my pushbike at the time so i apologise for the messed up quality) I pause the recording halfway through the first one to try and get a different angle.

I was cycling along wondering what the hell it was until i saw another one of the same objects but in the distance. Upon searching the sky further i noticed quite a lot more in the distance but what made me film the second short video was another one near my house and going at an even more crazy angle.

I realise on the videos they may look like planes but in real life they looked like missiles. As far as i'm aware there aren't any airports close enough to Hastings, East sussex to explain the crazy angle's at which they are flying. When i wasn't filming, one of the "Rockets" did a crazy sudden angle change mid air.

I'm not sure if this is at all relevent but on the 11/07/10 the whole town was strangely misty. We have had loads of hot weather recently and apparently the mist was from the sea (Hastings is a coastal town) but i just got a weird feeling about it because it smelt oddly like chemicals (not to a high degree) and everyone seemed to be acting weird that day. Then again that might just be paranoia playing games with me.

Anyway i thought that i'd upload the videos up here to see what you guys think.

EDIT- I uploaded the videos to my Youtube and embedded them here because i couldn't work out how to get videos from my ATS media portal onto a new thread

[edit on 13-7-2010 by TechUnique]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
They just look like jets.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It's possible that from the angle you were seeing them, they looked like missiles. Sometimes, if you see a jet on it's side, it can look almost cylindrical. But my guess is that they are just planes, especially since they are leaving contrails like that and moving at such a steady speed.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
well the first one i am gonna go with aeroplane.. and the second one

more of the same aeroplane.

I'm not sure if this is at all relevant but on the 11/07/10 the whole town was strangely misty.

No its not relevant England gets misty all the time in the mornings .. its called fog ..

Nice enthusiasm but can you not tell its a aeroplane?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well, assuming they are missiles that would be bad...unless they are testing them. Is the flight path over water or over residential? Can you give your location and facing for google maps?

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Asperglar]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
They were definitely not planes. The video is dodgy but the actual flying objects looks too oddly shaped to be planes.

Is there anyway anyone can enhance the videos and zoom in? Or is that kind of technology only available to CSI

But seriously those weren't planes... i wish i had a real video camera on me instead of my phone.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It could be at very high altitude , the sky is relatively clear .. do you think you would see the details of the wings from that distance?

Or do you think you would just see a massive trail (illusion of slowly coz of height) and a blurry cylindrical object?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I believe you, but your videos are pretty crappy lol. Maybe you could save up some cash and get a nice video camera, just in case the objects show up again. But yeah, I don't think there's much to do with this video, since they look like planes. But I can tell you're very adamant that they're not, and I am guessing if you were a hoaxer you would probably have a bit better footage lol.

Or, another good bet would be to enlist neighbors and other people in area, see if they have cameras, if they have seen the object, to help you film them if they show up again. Chances are, if these objects were so strange looking, others would have seen it and will be ready to film it again. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
In all fairness i wouldn't have bothered filming planes. I see a lot of dodgy stuff in the sky and dont bother filming it, it was only because these actually looked like some kind of weapons.

EDIT:

Originally posted by spacekc929

Or, another good bet would be to enlist neighbors and other people in area, see if they have cameras, if they have seen the object, to help you film them if they show up again. Chances are, if these objects were so strange looking, others would have seen it and will be ready to film it again. Just a thought.

I wouldn't even bother trying to talk to most of the people around here about UFOs ... or anything outside of the "normal" talk topics.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
It could be at very high altitude , the sky is relatively clear .. do you think you would see the details of the wings from that distance?

Or do you think you would just see a massive trail (illusion of slowly coz of height) and a blurry cylindrical object?

Couldn't see any wings and the "UFO" looked nearly as big as the trail following it. It looked noticibly short and fat, looked quite close and looked like it was spewing out whatever it was spewing out a lot different than most of the contrails i've seen.

I can't think of anything else to say apart from the fact that my phone's camera is crap. I only just realised how much it does look like a jet in the videos.

Can't anyone do anything with the videos or still images from the videos to try and determine the shape of the object that is causing these trails? Because i really want to know what these things were because i swear to god they weren't planes.

EDIT: Also in the second video it looks like the thing is falling or landing and as far as i know there are no airports near.

And for the person asking about where it was in google maps and the sky. I don't have google maps but the postcode for the second video is TN355DD and i was facing East/ North-east.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
When you submit A video for scrutiny and your using phone and the object is clearly completely out of range and has A contrail fallowing most likely to the viewer it definitely resembles an airplane. To merely rely on what you have to say with crappy footage isn't gonna happen. I live by an airport and I say plane but who knows right?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestionTheGovernment
When you submit A video for scrutiny and your using phone and the object is clearly completely out of range and has A contrail fallowing most likely to the viewer it definitely resembles an airplane. To merely rely on what you have to say with crappy footage isn't gonna happen. I live by an airport and I say plane but who knows right?

Fair enough, i can see this aint going anywhere. Didn't realise how crap the video quality was until i watched it on my youtube.

Hopefully next time i'll have a better camera

Does anyone have any idea what it could be based on the description i gave in this thread? I'd like to know out of curiosity, not from the video but from my description because i know it wasn't a plane and i'd like to know what it was in my town. ?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

TechUnique…..

The objects you have filmed are planes that have taken on an unusual appearance due to their illumination by the sun.

DepthOfField did a really nice study of how a plane can take on many bizzarre appearances under such illumination conditions, including that "orb" type effect in the photos.

Here it is (please use the slider bar to see the pic's):

DepthOfField Study of Plane Changing Appearance

Just one older example of mine... how a trivial airplane, flying maybe at 5 ..10 km up or so, without contrails, can appear later on the photo, when sunlight angles and perspective, along with powerfull optical zoom (12x) can stretch the things.

The following picture shows the same plane, and the time marks when the photo was taken, together with some relevant EXIF data (F-number, exposure time):

here another external version, since ATS media portal recompresses too much the file adding some jpeg artifacts): img519.imageshack.us...

While when up from my head, the plane is easy to understand, later, when much far away and low to the horizon, along with sun glare on its body, the shape became much more "anomalous".

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I appreciate that but i'm talking about how it looked to the naked eye aswell.

I appreciate that the video isn't doing me any favours.

I KNOW it wasn't a plane and i'm certain it wasn't ET but it was something that shouldn't have been there otherwise i wouldn't have filmed it. as i said before, from my descriptions of it earlier on in this thread what could it have been?

Forget the video all together my phone is pants but what would something as i described earlier (Clearly not a plane, remember forget the videos) be doing above my town and what might it be?

One explanation i think it might be is someone launching homemade rockets (Not deadly just something that flys)

I am telling you... it wasn't a plane.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Can you give a description of the degree of angular deviation these UFOs took?

This looks so much like a standard video of a plane, I don't think you can expect anyone to think otherwise with the evidence presented. I live beneath the Atlantic flightpath and see this scores of times a day.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

No its not relevant England gets misty all the time in the mornings .. its called fog ..

This is another myth, it's been decades since I have seen any fog over the UK (well at least over London) in the morning.

Just like bad food (when we now have the best chefs on the planet) or bad weather.

Get out more...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryposter

This is another myth, it's been decades since I have seen any fog over the UK (well at least over London) in the morning.

Just like bad food (when we now have the best chefs on the planet) or bad weather.

Get out more...

I can assure you England still has foggy misty dewy mornings, maybe not in your part of London, but certainly in Hastings and the rest of the country. We also still have bad weather, and if you come around my house.. bad food

Stay in more...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlanticjaxx

Originally posted by harryposter

Get out more...

I can assure you England still has foggy misty dewy mornings, maybe not in your part of London, but certainly in Hastings and the rest of the country. We also still have bad weather, and if you come around my house.. bad food

Stay in more...

This mist wasn't like fog , we get fog in hastings from time to time and it acts different to how this mist was traveling through the air.

And it wasn't in the morning i saw this mist, it was a day or 2 afterwards in mid afternoon after being hot then staying hot after this mist settled.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by TechUnique]

new topics

top topics

join