It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US indicts six police in post-Hurricane Katrina shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

US indicts six police in post-Hurricane Katrina shooting

www.google.com

WASHINGTON — Six New Orleans police officers were indicted Tuesday in the shooting of unarmed civilians in the days after Hurricane Katrina devastated the city, the US Justice Department said.

In the incident, known as the Danziger Bridge case, two civilians were shot dead and four others wounded in two separate shootings on September 4, 2005 -- one week after Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans, causing massive flooding and displacing thousands of people.

The indictment follows guilty pleas from five former New Orleans Police Department officers who admitted to helping cover up the i
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I can't belive that it has taken this long to get indictments for these criminals. This is a very good example of what would happen in a SHTF situation. After only a few days these cops started shooting un-armed civilians. I hope all of the officers involved serve the maximum sentence for the crimes they commited.

If there are any non guilty verdicts in this case, how bad do you think the riots in New Orleans would be?

www.google.com

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

I can't belive that it has taken this long to get indictments for these criminals. This is a very good example of what would happen in a SHTF situation. After only a few days these cops started shooting un-armed civilians. I hope all of the officers involved serve the maximum sentence for the crimes they commited.

If there are any non guilty verdicts in this case, how bad do you think the riots in New Orleans would be?

www.google.com

I totally agree with you, when TSHTF the police started to act tribal and attacked people that "didn't belong". Our govt. and leaders in the public have made a society so hateful and intolerant, that it's made attack dogs out of the police.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I always wondered what happened to the story about Federal Agents and New Orleans police shooting it out at the levee that had just broke. The story vanished right after it was widely reported and never surfaced again.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This story is NOTHING compared to the other various stories I have been told from Law Enforcement since moving to Louisiana. When I first moved here I was living with a guy who used to work for the Sheriffs Office. One night, we discussed Katrina and the lessons that should have been learned from that event. That's when he kind of let it all out and I was shocked to say the least. The most confirmation I have been able to get on any of his stories was from other LEO's.

The only thing I am willing to say about anything I was told is that I now understand where McKinney got her story from about dead bodies being tossed into the Bayou immediately after Katrina. The things we discuss here on ATS do not even begin to scratch the surface of the things that happened in the aftermath of Katrina and Rita.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The article explains the delay. This stemmed from confessions by five Officers of being involved with a cover-up. Don't forget that New Orleans was famous for its out of control Police before Katrina hit. Look how many ran. Their leadership must have been a bunch of thugs to begin with. Most of what went wrong was clearly the fault of the local and state leaders, if you look beyond the Partisan propaganda.

We will see more sensational headlines over the next few days. They are diverting attention from their covering up for the New Black Panthers, trying to stop all drilling offshore based on false information and their insane loosing case against Arizona to buy votes. They have to give their pets at MSNBC, CBS, NBC and ABC stories to explain their failure to report what's going on.

The Administration and in particular Holder are having a rough time right now. Obama should have dumped Holder long ago and people are starting to ask why.

Obama never learned the first lesson every manager of anything knows. You never, ever hire friends and family, ever, unless you want to fail. My first business nearly failed because I made the same amateur mistake. Put an amateur in the White House, this is what you get. All his radical buddies thinking they can do what they want because Obama has their backs. They will drag him down with them shortly. He has got to grow a pair and run them off.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I'd be wary of anyone who wore a badge prior to Katrina and anything they say.

This country had not seen corruption like that since the Mobster days in Chicago.

Good Ole Boy, did not even begin to describe it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Jeese how about you tell me about the firefights between the feds and the locals, and ill tell you about the US army helicopter carrying a special demmolitions team that blew up over killeen texas the morning of the Oklahoma bombing.
The entire team and the heli crew were killed......this was heard on cbc news about an hour after the bombs went off.
by the next news cast it was off the script and despite a bit of digging, i nver ever heard about it again....go figure...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Good. . .it's about time that officers are held responsible for inhumane and violent actions. Before they were officers, they were people.

top topics

join