It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space dreams

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Has anyone ever had dreams in first person view of flying through space through multi colored galaxies and nebula's and just the utmost beauty of the cosmos? I used to as a little kid and i haven't had any like this since then. I'm wondering what it means? If anything. Just imagine it...try to visualize this amazing experience. I always wondered if that's what it looks like before we are born. Or perhaps i was having flashbacks of being abducted? Ill never know for sure. Thought id ask this question here. Dreams fascinate me!

[edit on 13-7-2010 by reesie45]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

Interesting question, and now that I think about it, no I have never had a dream about being in space. Man I have watched a many of Sci Fi shows/movies too, so I know the material is floating around in my brain somewhere.
I look forward to hearing peoples experiences with this.

Peace

[edit on 13-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I dont know if this counts or not. When I was a kid, something I would always do would be to lay down flat on my stomach, usually on a bed, and press down on my eyes a little bit. I'm sure this isn't good for the optic nerves! But anyway I would do this and simulate a pseudo type of dream experience. I was clearly conscious, however I would say bright shades of green and yellow, along with what I called stars, and yes I would get the sensation of traveling through space. Indeed I thought I was pushing the limits of my existence and it did seem I was escaping reality, however it was just my overactive imagination.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I would love to have a space-based dream. I am fascinated by the cosmos and dreams themselves, but never have the two mingled in my head. Maybe we are predisposed to only dreaming about certain things, space for you, zombie holocausts for me.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
I dont know if this counts or not. When I was a kid, something I would always do would be to lay down flat on my stomach, usually on a bed, and press down on my eyes a little bit. I'm sure this isn't good for the optic nerves! But anyway I would do this and simulate a pseudo type of dream experience. I was clearly conscious, however I would say bright shades of green and yellow, along with what I called stars, and yes I would get the sensation of traveling through space. Indeed I thought I was pushing the limits of my existence and it did seem I was escaping reality, however it was just my overactive imagination.

I know exactly what your talking about! This may sound funny but when i did that i used to see men in karate suits and stars. Blue and white stars to be exact. Now adays when I do it i see blurred grey things...hard to explain.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by invetro
I would love to have a space-based dream. I am fascinated by the cosmos and dreams themselves, but never have the two mingled in my head. Maybe we are predisposed to only dreaming about certain things, space for you, zombie holocausts for me.

I have zombie dreams too, hehh, But thats because I watch zombie flicks and play zombie games, and read zombie books.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I always attributed it to space travel but I can understand one's personal interpretation of things can make them see karate suited men LOL. The stars I can attest for though!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
A friend of mine once told me of a dream in which two planets passed close by each other. She was standing on one of the two planets at a high vantage point (like a mountain) and could see as the other approached the effect of gravity rippling and pulsing through a pine forest on her own planet, tugging at and flattening forests and medows and distorting the landscape in a vibrational pattern.

I was pretty jealous of that dream.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thats really interesting, im a bit jealous too, sadly my dreams anymore arent that vivid. I think the vividness dissapates as you grow older.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

they've gotten better for me as i've gotten older actually. with that came with a price however. I tend to think it was from ingesting certain poisons when i was little. can't get into it without violating some t's and c's but you can infer im sure. since the age of 15 my dreaming has gotten more indepth, i had my first lucid dream when i was 24, and i can experience false awakenings, sleep paralysis, out of body experiences, exploding head sounds...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Exploding head sounds? See i can understand the use of certain things can inhibit you from having vivid dreams, but it also may be due to stress. sometimes i feel as if my brain is rotting because of it. I try to stay stress free, but it doesnt always go well. I used to be on certain medications as a little kid too so maybe that has something to do with it too. Either way im sure there is a way to get that realism back. To me dreams are far more entertaining than television or internet.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Also There was a point in time where i woke up and couldnt move at all, and at the time i was a religious nut so I automatically assumed it was the devil, but now that i think for myself i dont know what to make of it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
Exploding head sounds? See i can understand the use of certain things can inhibit you from having vivid dreams, but it also may be due to stress. sometimes i feel as if my brain is rotting because of it. I try to stay stress free, but it doesnt always go well. I used to be on certain medications as a little kid too so maybe that has something to do with it too. Either way im sure there is a way to get that realism back. To me dreams are far more entertaining than television or internet.

I promise I didn't make this up. However I was surprised to find it had a page so here you go.

Exploding Head Syndrome

Dreams are far more entertaining. Agreed.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I had a dream where i was taken up by an alien light being in my astral body and shown how the solar system works, I was shown the subtle mechanics and "music" the planets make when revolving around the sun. They showed me all the planets and the sun are actually living beings that have personalities, I was introduced to the planetary bodies using telepathy connection and began asking them what its like to be a planet and how it would feel to have being living on you, apparently all the planets have had beings living on them although only a few like earth mars venus(in far distant past) and maldek have had entities from our third density dimension like humans on them. Maldek was apparently destroyed in war and became the asteroid belt between mars and jupiter. When they were teaching me in some parts I was no longer in a human shaped form but I merged with and became the solar system, then just examined myself.

Another dream I had (this is the end of a 3 day dream that started out as a mass ufo sighting of purple gyroscope type crafts) was driving home from a fishing trip as the sun was setting and in the evening I looked up at the stars which were really bright still away from city lights and I saw the whole sky cleared up crystal clear and I could see deep out into space, the galactic rift looked like it would out of a hubble photo. By the time I arrived back in the city people were all standing outside their homes, even with the city lights everyone else coulde see the rift and other things, I remember thinking this could be how the ancients knew so much about space and maybe somthing was done to obscure our view for the past couple of thousand years. Then a huge projection came down over the city and a movie started playing, there was another one on the gold coast(next city) way off in the distance and it was teaching everyone about what had been kept from humanity, things were mentioned that I hadnt heard of but when I researched them later I found they were the real deal, amazingly people werent panicked, the movie calmed then down and when it ended in a message of peace all the cops dropped their guns and stopped herding people about and we all came together in love as one.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

simply amazing. sounds like more than a dream, but a revelation.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Sadly I've never had a dream about being in space (I would really love to). I did dream once about flying in a UFO though. I almost crashed in sea, but to my surprise the thing was capable of going through the water and I went up to the sky again. It was a great dream.

BTW, I also used to press on my eyes when I was a little kid. Those stars were great. I also saw those colors but to me they were nothing more than a hint that I was going to see the stars again.

It really surprises me how many people have done this while they were younger. I used to think I was the only one until I saw a thread about it on ATS.

It makes me think.

EDIT: Thanks for posting that link to exploding head syndrome! I used to have this a lot, but instead heard a loud electrical (sort of) noise. It was like I got a shock, but only the sound, no pain. I'm really glad this doesn't happen anymore besides a rare few occasions.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Jonko]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Very very nice. I had 2 types of space dreams, i mentioned the first, the second came as i got a little older. I was on a rooftop, or staring out a high window and the sky wasnt like our normal sky at night. Instead of white stars, the stars were in clusters, thousands of clusters! All in different colors, it was like we had no sky and could see what we couldnt normally see. Was really awesome. And that exploding head thing is creepy, Id think i was going crazy if that happened to me.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
OK, thanks for asking.
I have only one space dream that I can recall... I'll try to keep it brief.
But I was on a space craft with some sort of mission, the ship approached a sort of field/area that was populated by numerous grey blobulous things. They were a bit larger than a person, and just sort of floating around.
I was to go out on a space walk and bring one of the objects back with me. So, I am out in a space suit and get close to one of the objects. For some reason I ask one of the object if it would returm with me, telepathically. It responded that it would if I promised to love it forever. So I promised.
Dream transitions, I am onthe deck of a large ship, like a cruise liner, dont remember if there was water or just out in some void. The being, grey blob that had returned had now transformed into a beautiful young blond haired blue eyed lady. Beautiful, and everyone present is drawn to her and wants to be close to her. I feel strongly to her myself and go to express how I feel to her. She laughs me off and says "we are family." Some more conversation may have transpired, at the end I tell her " I will love you forever and ever, and today" which was a phrase I don't think I had ever heard expressed quite that way...
Anyways, at the time my wife was about 5 months pregnant at the time of the dream. So I have always associated it with the birth/incarnation of my daughter. And I would assume how most fathers feel towards their children. And my daughter is currently a beautiful little girl with blue eyes and blond hair ( even though her mother has dark eyes and hair)
Thats my space dream.. sorta..

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5MaveN5
OK, thanks for asking.
I have only one space dream that I can recall... I'll try to keep it brief.
But I was on a space craft with some sort of mission, the ship approached a sort of field/area that was populated by numerous grey blobulous things. They were a bit larger than a person, and just sort of floating around.
I was to go out on a space walk and bring one of the objects back with me. So, I am out in a space suit and get close to one of the objects. For some reason I ask one of the object if it would returm with me, telepathically. It responded that it would if I promised to love it forever. So I promised.
Dream transitions, I am onthe deck of a large ship, like a cruise liner, dont remember if there was water or just out in some void. The being, grey blob that had returned had now transformed into a beautiful young blond haired blue eyed lady. Beautiful, and everyone present is drawn to her and wants to be close to her. I feel strongly to her myself and go to express how I feel to her. She laughs me off and says "we are family." Some more conversation may have transpired, at the end I tell her " I will love you forever and ever, and today" which was a phrase I don't think I had ever heard expressed quite that way...
Anyways, at the time my wife was about 5 months pregnant at the time of the dream. So I have always associated it with the birth/incarnation of my daughter. And I would assume how most fathers feel towards their children. And my daughter is currently a beautiful little girl with blue eyes and blond hair ( even though her mother has dark eyes and hair)
Thats my space dream.. sorta..

I got chills reading your post. Perhaps some of our dreams are actual predictions. Maybe looks into our past lives maybe. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
Has anyone ever had dreams in first person view of flying through space through multi colored galaxies and nebula's and just the utmost beauty of the cosmos? I used to as a little kid and i haven't had any like this since then. I'm wondering what it means? If anything. Just imagine it...try to visualize this amazing experience. I always wondered if that's what it looks like before we are born. Or perhaps i was having flashbacks of being abducted? Ill never know for sure. Thought id ask this question here. Dreams fascinate me!

[edit on 13-7-2010 by reesie45]

Remember, they're not really that much multicolored in visible light. It's the interpretation / conversion of xray and other EM radiation lengths to optic light that makes nebullas etc look like 'rainbows'.

I had a dream where I jumped up from the ground and started flying. It wasn't an ordinary dream because there's always an altitude limit for me -- lucid dreamers will know what I'm talking about. But this time i just lifted off and started flying upwards vertically without any struggle. In the blink of an eye I left the Earth and I kept flying away from the Earth. My velocity was ever increasing, I wanted to move faster and faster. I wanted to go through galaxies, galaxy clusters... more and more, and more... Because I wanted to comprehend the Universe by seeing it all with my eyes. I just wanted to understand what it is. In a way I wanted to be closer to the all-knowing God. So I was moving through the Universe faster and faster, seeing and comprehending more and more of it, moving at a velocity inconceivable by human mind... until I ended up back where I started.

In another space dream I was in the solar system. I could sort of see all the planets, and now that I think about it, I think they were aligned in some non-random way. and I had the power to control them. I was kind of like a god.

Both of these dreams were very short. Like other people, I almost never have space-related dreams, regardless of my fascination and deep interest in outer space. I have tried leaving the Earth a few times in lucid dreams but my attempts were not very satisfying. One time I 'created' the Moon, Sun and Earth but they were far from realistic.

I can only speculate as to why space dreams are so uncommon...

[edit on 13 Jul, 10 by dramafreak]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join