It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza flotilla: Israel cleared of significant wrong-doing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well is anybody surprised by this they ISRAEL have cleared themselves of any wrong doing.

Israel's military hierarchy was cleared of significant wrongdoing after an inquiry concluded that the deadly naval raid on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla six weeks ago was error-free.
The probe, conducted by the Israeli armed forces and led by a retired general, found that there was more to praise than to condemn in the naval operation that claimed the lives of nine Turkish activists on board the flotilla's lead ship, the Mavi Marmara.
In his report, Gen Giora Eiland lauded the "professionalism, bravery and resourcefulness" of the commandos involved in the raid and ruled that the use of live fire was "justified".
"To my relief, the investigation found no negligence of failures on any significant matters," Gen Eiland told reporters after submitting his report."

This is the best bit.

Photographs of a 93-year-old committee member reading documents pertaining to the case while in his pyjamas, his full-time caregiver by his side, appeared in an Israeli newspaper last month.

Israel has rejected calls for an international inquiry into the raid on the Mavi Marmara, a position supported by the United States and Britain after the government of Benjamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, agreed to ease its blockade on Gaza.

Visit the link for full article www.telegraph.co.uk...

My opinion of this is there should be an international inquiry but as is this is disgusting sorry.
What do you think

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Found some more links.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Professional and courageous that's not what i saw.I suppose if you call killing people on a boat bringing aid to people that desperately need it Professional and courageous all's well.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I mean really?

This came as a surprise to some people?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
That had to be a tough sell. Is anyone on the planet buying this?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Makes one wonder if the bit about god giving them this territory in the first place might not be true either.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The blockade itself had already been declared illegal as, (in uniforceable) by Ban Ki-moon as head of the UN in March. Israeli military should have taken that into account before any raiding of any sort, and the helicopter raid was just stupid.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I wonder why this even made the news...it was expected. Waste of news print money IMO. The moment Israel rejected independent investigation the results were out.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Rest assured, next time I get in trouble with the police, I will not sleep until I run a full investigation on myself. The police need not even worry, I promise to get to the bottom of it!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

I think Israel have screwed up big time with this.

They should have blamed a few low ranking people to some extent.

To totally clear themselves will only enrage the rest of the world more and I'm pretty sure we will see many calls for "Full Independent Inquires"

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies nothing to much to add.

I hope this don't just disappear and someone has the guts to stand up and demand an international investigation. I mean how can this be fair

They acted like amateur's totally clueless and in international waters.
People died because of there trigger happy response.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Not to mention the fake footage of the Flotilla Activists they released...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Apparently peace activists can walk through solid metal.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

I hope you are right there and this will cause outrage.
Calling themselves Professional and courageous are they having a laugh i can understand why they are hated.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
And the world once again stood around doing nothing.. Letting the genocidal psycopaths in isreal investigate themselves.. Pathetic.. The Genocide and crimes against humanity by isreal will continue unhindered.. While the west continues to blindly look away.. Disgusting

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
And the world once again stood around doing nothing.. Letting the genocidal psycopaths in isreal investigate themselves.. Pathetic.. The Genocide and crimes against humanity by isreal will continue unhindered.. While the west continues to blindly look away.. Disgusting

It is government silence that is at fault mostly ran by people with diminshed responsibility, but these are governments that are also mostly elected, by the nations. The trouble is, when it comes to an election you don't see a tick box for issues that are current, just a yes or no for a candidate, their mandate means nothing. Like a lot of things, it is not what they tell you, it is what they don't tell you.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The scary part is, this is the same government that would love for the US to strike Iran!

It's scary how much of a lapdog the US has become...and I'm starting to wonder why that is. My guess is that the Mossad (arguably the best secret service in the world) has some real dirt on the US government...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The title of the Telegraph report should've been:

"Gaza flotilla: Israel cleared itself of significant wrong-doing".

top topics

join