It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to get to Antarctica?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Ok the obvious answer is to go south until you hit ice. Thanks in advance for not saying it

I think the continent is fascinating. How does a person get to go there? I'll shovel snow or whatever it takes. It would be nice to look as far as you can see and not see a fast food joint. To explore the world as it was a billion years ago. If anyone knows how or has a friend who has connections please let me know.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
there are cruises where they take you close to antartica and even some i think that you do actually set foot upon it. i would suggest calling a travel agent.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I'm not talking a drive by. I mean getting your hands dirty/snowy. Maybe Antarctica is a place I can forget about exploring. It would be nice to wander around and take some photos and put together a story about the place. A story of what life is/could be like in that kind of environment.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
well, there is a ton of information on the place on the web and those ancient things called b... b... books. (had to actually think for a second!)

as for actually going there for an extended stay? i'm guessing you'd have to be doing research or be some sort of a VIP.

EDIT: still may not hurt to call a travel agent though.

[edit on 6/16/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Ok here is the thread about the planned adventure trip to Antarctica.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
$20k??????? WoW. Um... How do I get to Minnesota?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
apply for a position at a camp there....
I know raytheon has jobs there....

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
some adventure guy named Steve Curray has a trip planned there in a few months...they are going in search of the hollow earth entrance.

They want moocho bucks to go with them, like 20 thousand or something?

oh yeah, that guy is a titch off his rocker... they're going to the north pole though, not antartica. here's a link: www.expeditioncompany.net...

i would almost go, just to laugh when everyone is wrong. i mean, no one will be wrong... the hole in the artic ocean will just be "closed for the season or something similar to that.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Raytheon huh? Hmmmm.. I wonder if I have any marketable skills. I mean besides being wicked fast with a snow shovel. lol. Not sure if there is much of a need for computer geeks in Antarctica.

Hollow earth? Thats a joke right?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Here you go. Raytheon Polar Services Company. Get a job at the South Pole. Here is A virtual tour of the South Pole Just to let you know though, the average annual temp at the South Pole is -50C. Brrr.

Here is the geographical South Pole for you:

[edit on 6-16-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the link. While I LOVE the cold I suspect my old knee injury would disqualify me :-/

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
My friend spent a summer there as an electrical engineer. Talk about a resume

new topics

top topics

join