It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Uganda Attack (is more serious than you think)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I hope you'll be able to take the time to read my thread. Regarding the complaints, they are not personal. I just don't know why no one seems to care about the UGANDA attacks...

While the latest popular threads are BSing about some 193 year old roaming in someone's woods and hollow phobos (whatever that may be, and as if I care), no one cares to discuss the latest twin attacks in Uganda.

First of all, the twin attacks took place during a football game that many people were watching in Uganda. Of course who knows (and who cares) about Uganda, right? Most people don't even know where it is? After all, it's just a small country that happens to be west of Kenya, and Kenya just happens to be west of - Somalia.

You got it right, you may have noticed in the news that the al-shabaab group almost or pretty much or at least came close to claiming responsibility for the attack.

Al-Shabaab - Who are they? It's just another Arab name to me that sounds like all others...so what?

Well, they hate America and they hate Ethiopia. Why? Because, the original organisation that they were members of - called the ICU - intended to rule Somalia. Helas, the US in 2006 decided to support the brutal Somali warlords, and make them the leaders of Somalia under a new group created by the US and the CIA called the Alliance for the Restoration of Peace and Counter-Terrorism (ARPCT).

The present President of Somalia happens to be a former ICU leader, but what does that matter to the US. The more conflict they create, the sooner they can control Somalia themselves. So they set up the ICU and the Somali warlords against each other which resulted in the disappearance of a very beautiful sea coast city called Mogadishu, now just rubble. The result: the transitional government supported by the US and the remaining West took control of the country.

The ICU pretty much dissolved before their ex-leader became President. Meanwhile, some members established their own groups, including al-Shabaab.

Why did the ICU disappear? Because the US encouraged their disappearance with the help of Ethiopean troops.

So some former ICU members were so pi$$ed off they set up their own group, and still create terrorist attacks. Meanwhile they are still connected to the left-over ICU, which constantly apoligises for their bad behavior, and are also accused of being part of Al Quaida, whatever that may be.

Anyway, they have finally attacked Uganda during a world cup game, and who encouraged them to do it? The US of course, by defeating the ICU in Somalia with Ethiopean help, and illegally taking control of Somalia. That gives no right for Al-Shabaab to kill innocent civilians, but these guys are pi$$ed off and just as bad as the warlords supported by the US.

So is the US involved? Yes, indirectly, or maybe even directly, but I can't tell that much since I'm just another uninformed civilian. Could Russia be involved, since they supported Eritrea during the Cold War when they tried to protect the ICU? Maybe. Who knows. It's still a puzzle but it's international, and it ought to be investigated, as Somalia is being invaded by the US for the same reason as Afghanistan - oil, oil, oil.

So if you don't care about the Uganda attack, you're being pretty ignorant, because it involves the international community, especially the US and the UK. So don't just ignore it...think about it more, and research it more, like I'm busy doing.

Again, this is an organised retaliation attack. Ugandan troops are also helping out in Somalia. But still, how is the US connected to this attack. That's the question...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Thank you for delving into this topic. I consider that its been under discussed on ATS relative to some other happenings also--but I expected that since it happened in Africa.

I appreciate your knowledge of the circumstances surrounding this attack. We'll never control terrorism until we understand it.

Ironically, the most basic reason that terrorism persists is humanity's inability to understand the human mind. When such a forceful and barbaric attack happens we immediately conclude that those that commit the acts are the true enemy, but they are wrong!

The true enemy is the insanity in the human mind that makes one man turn against his own kind. This is true of the direct perpetrators of the attack, financiers of the attack, and the like.

Thanks for your contribution to understanding.

Shane

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MightyAl

Thanks for this thread - food for thought.
As far as I knew from SA, al-Shabaab means "the youth", and it's one off-shoot of fundamentalists from the smashed Islamic Court Union (ICU).
It was also sad seeing the doccies and narratives of demonized "Somali pirates". They were fishermen, and foreign fishing fleets took advantage of the chaos and absent navy, and fished their waters empty with illegal methods. Somalis would watch from their traditional boats as big trawlers came and fished and fished, and nobody stopped it - until everything was gone. Now they call them pirates.
My heart goes out to Somalia and Uganda and their peoples.
First it was the US preachers meddling in Uganda's affairs with imported homophobia (no doubt all instigated by The Family/The Fellowship), and now this.
Here in SA Somalis are fighting and fleeing from renewed xenophobia.
Well, nobody can say the World Cup had no terrorist attacks - over 70 Ugandan families sadly testfy to that.
I think without the security it might have been us in SA.
I can only blame the US to an extent though, Islam also bears responsibility, so ultimately it's easy to play the blame-game.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Without the US involvement in NE Africa, this offshoot called al-shabaab would most probably not have established itself though. The reason they established themselves is because the ICU surrendered to the US/Ethiopean/Western supported TFG.

The Uganda attacks also would not have happened if Uganda had not agreed to send troops to support the TFG and crush its opponents. Hence it is still the result of US intervention in Somalia (US ally/Eritrea ally), Eritrea (ICU ally), Djibouti (US ally) and Ethiopia (US ally) that resulted in this terrorism, as terrorism is a means of revenge.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by randolrs1

Shane, thanks for your comments. You might find the following video interesting with regards to what you said:

Also the problem is that we can't control terrorism, because terrorism is encouraged by greed and power and the billionaires don't want to give up that greed and power by ending terrorism.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by MightyAl]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Funny how just saying "al Qaeda-linked" accomplishes so much for so many, isn't it? A totally convenient way to mask reality and for frightened ignorant talking heads to instill more fear and hate into other frightened ignorant people, who can then simply tuck that away as yet another supporting reason for why we need to keep fighting a perpetual war against a mythical beast, a war most of them don't even realize we're starting never mind fighting. It makes me sick. Oh, and, yes, of course, there is oil there.

[edit on 7/14/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

And then think of the many troubled countries in the world where the US/UK/Allies will never intervene, because the country has nothing to offer - no oil, no gas,...and therefore no al-quaida links.

new topics

top topics

join