It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN (Headline News) is covering the BP/Mustang Story!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I actually think it was pretty well done. Of course, they don't have an entire 40 minutes to devote to the topic like ATS did in the two-part video special. So it is understandable to not be able to go into as much depth.

And the emotion didn't bother me at all- it made it very 'real' to me. Like the host genuinely cared about the issue instead of approaching it stoically or as just another show topic. It seemed she found a pretty good balance between emotion and facts, IMO.

It had a 'to be continued' ending feel to me as well. Anyone else pick up on that? When Velez-Mitchell invited future spokesmen onto the show for a future possible broadcast?

I also found it amazing that after the original ATS documentary, real life action was taken to curb the trend (from what I understood of the broadcast). Very cool!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by tristar
Very well said, then again, if it was mentioned otherwise then some cell phone's would have rang that one would not want to answer.

One day...and I think of all people, you know it will happen...

Patience is key...

Indeed, the key is patience or as i choose to describe it as corrosion. As vigilant and defensive or offensive as one might be, depending on the side of the fence you choose to view it, the end result is containment. Allow and blur as much as possible while stimulating the known responses to circumstances that tap into human reactions. A perfect example of what not and what to do when one is dealing with a multi-billion dollar industry.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
ATS ON CNN!?!?! .....big deal. in fact its pretty sad. everyone on here moans and groans about the mainstream media and how they are tools and they dont cover any real news etc etc etc and yet the number one thread on here is "ATS ON CNN!" i dont like ATS anymore because theyre are so many close minded individuals on here that its no longer a conspiracy site because everyone wants to confirm stories with mainstream news sources. which is completely contradictory to the whole idea of ATS. conspiracies are conspiracies... any and all, no matter who comes up with it. your not gonna confirm a conspiracy with mainstream media sources. this is disgusting.. its like 30 poor people fighting for scraps in a bubble and piss and moan about the guy outside the bubble and when the guy on the outside decides he wants a friend to be out there with him and is going to give interviews for it, everyone lines up and kisses his *** so that they can be on the outside with him.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

You might want to research

Carl-Henric Svanberg and his association.

Enjoy your googling.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Small steps ellie, small steps...

Bit by bit, we can work our way up.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The mainstream used to be non interactive.

The people whom propagate in the mainstream may not know more than that which their writers research...and even then the audience is minimal relative to the population and the competition for attention (by all facets of media, including entertainment and personal social concerns)...

Interactive media, such as ATS, should be mainstream...and that means taking all of those some ATS'ers dichotomize against...

Edit for clarification.

[edit on Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:41:34 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I think you are missing the Big Picture here. This was not about ATS on CNN. This was not about confirming a conspiracy with mainstream media.

This was about the tragic plight of these Mustangs and calling national attention to the problem so the masses will be outraged enough to fight the corrupt system to change this very wrong and illegal situation.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
It seemed she found a pretty good balance between emotion and facts, IMO.

i loved your whole post, and since you are endeavoring yourself to do exactly that, "balance between"...

maybe some aspects of the real journalism skills surface when it isn't just a balance, but also a mix of emotion with facts.

i don't think it must be a balance, or one way or the other, but rather what we can manage to mix together within us.

just some thoughts,
ET

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
ATS ON CNN!?!?! .....big deal. in fact its pretty sad.

you suck.

i dont like ATS anymore because ...snip....individuals on here that its no longer a conspiracy site because everyone wants to confirm stories with mainstream news sources. which is completely contradictory to the whole idea of ATS.

wait... what? can you supply a link or a source, please?

thanks,
et

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here is another story about this
www.fresnobee.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
ATS ON CNN!?!?! .....big deal. in fact its pretty sad. everyone on here moans and groans about the mainstream media and how they are tools and they dont cover any real news etc etc etc and yet the number one thread on here is "ATS ON CNN!" i dont like ATS anymore because theyre are so many close minded individuals on here that its no longer a conspiracy site because everyone wants to confirm stories with mainstream news sources. which is completely contradictory to the whole idea of ATS. conspiracies are conspiracies... any and all, no matter who comes up with it. your not gonna confirm a conspiracy with mainstream media sources. this is disgusting.. its like 30 poor people fighting for scraps in a bubble and piss and moan about the guy outside the bubble and when the guy on the outside decides he wants a friend to be out there with him and is going to give interviews for it, everyone lines up and kisses his *** so that they can be on the outside with him.

Although I'm not a fan of your lack of "paragraphing-101"......I still think you're spot on.

Sensationalistic bull chit!!!! That's all this is!

"Yay! We're on CNN/HLN" (two out of the three worse cable stations out there.......who promote nothing but gossip...... via a script..... via two women whose catch phrases are "SHOCKING" and "BOMBSHELL")

You know what? It's truly a world where...... it's every man for themself.
It's not about mankind anymore. It's about a world of profit or agenda!

How sad!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Do any of these methods ring a bell to anyone out there in the land of ATS

Seriously consider the offer and the interviewer
Closely examine each interview offer and do some quick research on the reporter...

Practice, test, then practice again
The cliché is true: If you fail to prepare, you are prepared to fail. Work out your key messages and answers to tough (and easy) questions ahead of time...

Dodge "drive-by interviews."
Nothing good comes from taking an interview on the fly. The same holds true for impromptu questions...

Work out sound bites ahead of time
Remember, shorter responses are always more memorable...

Mind your "no-fly zone."
Create a list of topics you won't comment on and construct transition phrases like "it's important to understand that ... ,"

Think before you speak.
Pause briefly before you respond. Your first answer may not always be the best. Repeat your key messages in your head before opening your mouth ...

Don't attempt to be a "Spokes-hero" like Hayward
It backfired on Hayward for variety of reasons, not the least of which was that he was the only voice for BP during the early days of the spill...

www.thestreet.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

The mainstream used to be non interactive.

The people whom propagate in the mainstream may not know more than that which their writers research...and even then the audience is minimal relative to the population and the competition for attention (by all facets of media, including entertainment and personal social concerns)...

Interactive media, such as ATS, should be mainstream...and that means taking all of those some ATS'ers dichotomize against...

Edit for clarification.

[edit on Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:41:34 -0500 by MemoryShock]

I was getting what you were putting out until I got lost somewhere between:
"interactive media, such as ATS"
and.......
"should be mainstream"

Don't worry. Soon, this will become just another 'I remember when" grandparent-story!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I dont think anyone here is showboating or bragging about ATS or anyone affiliated being shown or mentioned on CNN or anywhere else.

The point here is that an important and worthwhile news story, which was brought to light by ATS, was covered on a national news network for millions of people to see.

Nobody gives a crap about CNN or the mainstream media, what is important is that enough people may see this story and be moved to do something about it. To help these helpless animals being railroaded into extinction.

What is so awful about that? God forbid someone does something around here that actually amounts to some form of action. ATS and the members who helped expose this story should feel good about what has been done, they actually commited to a cause and helped to bring it to light in a major way.

If you ask me that beats the hell out of sitting around whining and belly aching about the problems of the world but not doing a damn thing about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think it's awesome!!!!
lots of times on network will publish a story and then the others will jump on the bandwagon!

whoo hoo

and all you ATSers who are criticizing ATS over this and pissing all over the story

This is about what will help the Mustangs and that is getting the story out. You don't like that idea
obiviously

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment
I was getting what you were putting out until I got lost somewhere between:
"interactive media, such as ATS"
and.......
"should be mainstream"

Don't worry. Soon, this will become just another 'I remember when" grandparent-story!

So...non interactive media is going to make a come back?

Thanks GrandPa!!

I'll invest in Hearst...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
no doubt they will just use this story to say humans are bad enviroment is good and carbon taxes will save the horses.....

thats the spin they will use i bet.

p.s. ATS is a psyop

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I really dont get some people. That show on HLN is obviously not geared towards the type of people that frequent ATS so of course you wont like the way it is presented.

It is presented in a way that the drama queen brain deads that watch that programming can follow. If it sticks in any of their minds then they can do some searching on it and find the vital information themselves thus taking them on the slow journey out of the brain dead dream.

It absolutely confounds me how some folks here can be downing the fact that work done by the owner of this site has been of such quality that others who needs stories for their shows are willing to pick up his work and perhaps the work of those that work with him.

Was it a show for "us"? No. Was it a positive thing? Yes.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Its funny, the government is by the people for the people, run by the people. Funny thing is, no one calls themselves people. They are a person, they only worry for themselves and those around them.

I bet most of them don't even realize their doing something wrong. I bet some of them do know they are doing something wrong, but rather see the money in their pockets then a corrupt government.

Democracy is a great concept, when the people running it and those who abide by it respect the concept entirely in their hearts. Otherwise it becomes a process of elimination. First you let someone do something wrong, then you legislate it so it doesnt happen again.

My government and the US Government are reactionary at best and that's because its such a revolving door franchise, no one can be personally invested in the work needing done.

That's why the fore-fathers of every country are legends, they had a vision and made people believe in and it made it a reality.
Today, we just stick to the status-quo and play it safe and profit where/when we can. Consequences are never far thought out realities until they come knocking on your doorstep with handcuffs.

Hollywood is partly to blame, it lets everyone feel like they are the main character and everything always ends happily, making people delusional morons when they see a "shiny" object.

We need more intelligent and wise people to see through that, be above it, and speak out against it because its damn right sickening.

Face reality, think of the future and make a positive change. Its really that simple.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by EspyderMan]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

I think you are missing the Big Picture here. This was not about ATS on CNN. This was not about confirming a conspiracy with mainstream media.

This was about the tragic plight of these Mustangs and calling national attention to the problem so the masses will be outraged enough to fight the corrupt system to change this very wrong and illegal situation.

can you here it?

i'm clapping, can a mod second this please?

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join