It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN (Headline News) is covering the BP/Mustang Story!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Hmm, interesting. I did and missed it. I have it now, so thanks again.

They say it all falls apart once you hit forty and my eyesight is definitely not what it used to be. If it had been a bloody snake.......

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I have to apologize. I thought ATS was going to be mentioned (not that that's a bad thing) on HLN last night.
I misunderstood or rather, jumped to an assumption.

I watched the piece and there was nothing wrong with the presentation at all.

I just take it personally when 'they' (the average MSM-watcher) don't understand 'us' (the average alternative-news reader) and look at us as though we're insane to think anything other than what the 'authorities' say. Because after all, we're either new-age conspiracy nuts or...........a terrorist!

George Knapp is awesome!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Congratulations! That's great news!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is incerdible news ATS and George!

I am in support fully and look forward to tonight's astounding segment.

God Bless.

Edit to say, ah crud been busy with emergencies in RL, missed the show, is there a link to it somewhere? Can someone U2U me that info as I am just taking a brief moment to check in on the forum.

Thanks, Julie

[edit on 14-7-2010 by antar]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by PieKeeper

So basically what your saying is that since horses have been domesticated they no longer have the right to run wild?

I don't care if they are descended from domestic horses that doesn't mean they don't deserve to live the roots of their wild ancestors nor does it mean they shouldn't still run wild today. We are friggin monkeys they are friggen horses, I can run wild why shouldn't they?

The wild horse has become a pure symbol of americana and like the bald eagle that symbol should live wild no questions asked.

Domesticated Animals are different from their non-domesticated "cousins" in the wild. Mainly because in most cases, they've been selectively bred over many generations for certain traits. In addition to this, in the case of horses, equine species went extinct in North America around 10,000 years ago, and have only been introduced for a few hundred years. In that time span, the environment changed to a condition where horses do not play any role in it. They are displacing native species and directly competing for food.

Originally posted by ShadowArcher

'Americans' aren't indiginous, either. Should we round all of you up too
And unless, I'm missing something, they are wild - it's not as though someone just opened their corral gate and let them go. Just because they're descended from domestic horses means little to nothing. The same could be said of domestic animals - they are supposed to wild, descended from wild animals; let them go again.

Descending from domestic animals means everything in a case like this because equine species had been absent for around 10,000 years.

Again, from a wildlife management perspective, you cannot just let domestic animals go into the wild. Here, we can see the impact that feral cats (domestic cats living in the wild) AND domestic cats (cats that are allowed periods of outdoor roaming) have: www.abcbirds.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
That actress, the skinny one from just shoot me
what did she say?

Horses are the last of our american icons that we rode in on and helped settle this land???

Did she just say that?

She is pouring the blood of innocent natives that were murdered by colonists on the hands of horses?

Are you serious?????

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
ASPCA Issues Call to Stop The “Gathers” The Humane Society of the United States Calls for Moratorium on BLM Roundups Following Mustang Deaths EWA Now Reporting 12 Deaths The Tuscarora mortality rate is already in excess of 5%. Elko is now reporting 12 deaths, including 3 babies with 216 in holding.
horsebackmagazine.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The symbolitry of the 'mustang' is understood by an American.
What is happening now is also understood by an American.
I believe the mustang has found the lock to his gate was his own.
May he use his key to Be.
Oh, don't forget to ^Look Up^
It's where the answers are found.

One may be lost, may they be found?
Your choice.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is great news for all of us on ATS, and really for the entire U.S.A.

I'm glad for everyone at ATS that the word is getting out about us, but intrigued by the fact that CNN is using the sister network that needs the least ratings help to get this out there. Maybe CNN has decided to use HLN as sort of a guinea pig to try and figure out how to help their other networks down the road? Part of me really hopes so.

I would say that I have no vested interest in CNN and could care less whether or not they ever turn a profit--but I'd be lying. Though their ratings have tanked since after the '08 elections, and gotten only worse month by month, I would actually like to see them make some money. Not that I care about them, mind you, but as a taxpayer I'd feel like maybe we're getting a little return from our money.

For those of you not familiar, CNN falls under the general umbrella of General Electric (as does NBC, MSNBC, etc.) This is significant, because GE receives a LOT of taxpayer money via the current administration. In a nutshell, this means CNN can continue losing money hand-over-fist and they really don't have to worry too much--Uncle Sam (aka "US taxpayer") keeps them afloat.

So, yes, part of me would like to see CNN (and its other networks) make a little money. After all, I AM paying for them, and the less they lose, the more my tax money can be put to legitimate use.

No explanation is needed of course, as to why I'm happy for ATS and all fellow ATS'ers.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Your logic would be relevant where we not the most destructive species on earth. To be honest they compete for food with cows. I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure cows are not native either. Actually I'm 100% sure they are domesticated. In fact if you want to get technical I bet those cows do far more damage to the range than the horses ever could due to immense numbers being one reason.

You can argue evolutionary disconnection from a habitat all you want. It's not relevant when the domesticated pests are being replaced by more destructive domesticated pests. The horses are a symbol of Americana.

Besides name one other animal that has been as key to our success as a species. Just one.... no really go ahead...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Your logic would be relevant where we not the most destructive species on earth. To be honest they compete for food with cows. I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure cows are not native either. Actually I'm 100% sure they are domesticated. In fact if you want to get technical I bet those cows do far more damage to the range than the horses ever could due to immense numbers being one reason.

How is my logic not relevant? I'm not arguing that humans aren't destructive, but this issue is also a man-made problem. An article I'm citing is a report from a National Wildlife Refuge, an area set up specifically to protect an area of habitat for native wildlife.

And they do compete with other animals for food, not just cows:
"It is significant that this area is being browsed very heavily by antelope. The only other grazing animals in this area are about 100 wild horses." -www.fws.gov...

(If the link doesn't work, let me know. I couldn't get it to work in another post.)

Furthermore, I'm not arguing for cattle grazing, I'm arguing against the "save the majestic horses and let them run wild" attitude that's rampant here.

You can argue evolutionary disconnection from a habitat all you want. It's not relevant when the domesticated pests are being replaced by more destructive domesticated pests. The horses are a symbol of Americana.

It is relevant, because they are both problems that have to be remedied. Removing horses and limiting cattle grazing are both honest objectives. Finishing one objective makes the other objective easier to focus on.

Being a symbol of Americana means nothing. Horses will still exist, just not in the wild.

Besides name one other animal that has been as key to our success as a species. Just one.... no really go ahead...

Dogs, cows, ox, sheep, goats, camels, etc. It really depends on the region. The South American civilizations were successful without having horses.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

because this is how evolution happens...

Invasive species or not

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

because this is how evolution happens...

Invasive species or not

Evolution is the change in the gene frequency of a population.

Man-introduced invasive species have caused a great amount of damage to wild life. It's not something to be taken lightly and just say "Oh, let nature take it's course." A single invasive species can disrupt an entire ecosystem.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by PieKeeper]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
ATS, just ats. The meat of all things unusual and conspiracy angles and such. The beauty, or at least one of many beauties of this Above Top Secret station is, and in my opinion always was... it's integrity and open-mindedness.

No mucking around. No demoralizing talk. No restricted opinions (less overwhelming ATS rules), just say it like you feel it is. Mark and Bill are responsible for allowing openness; Mark and Bill are also responsible to say -- don't cross the line toward ignorance against ATS members and their thoughts.

ATS is growing again -- congrats to ATS. Congrats to Mark & Bill. Great site, great management.

Decoy

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
this is what happened

horses evolved in the Americas then they supposedly disappeared then the Spanish came and released horses into the the Americas again

it takes a long time to get an organism to evolve into something else
so horses come from the Americas turn them loose in the Americas and they thrive because 10,000 years if that is not long enough for them to not be horses anymore

I read a book a long time ago about the history of horses in the Americas and there was a journal entry from a Conquistador in Paraguay who asked the indigenous chief in that area why they were not amazed to see horses ,and he was told that they used to have them but they all died of a disease in his grandfathers generation that was late late 1400'ss early 1500 s give or take 60 years one way or another I can't remember, meaning horses were in Paraguay at 100 years prior to the arrival of the Spanish

also people settled in the Americas at least 17,000 years ago and were it is believed entirely wiped out by something no one currently living on Earth is descended from them they all died out about the same time most of the horses and Elephants and all kinds of other animals died out on this continent

I had a strange encounter with three strange looking equines in Arizona a long time ago, I was wrangling for this old horse trader and he got three of these weird animals from an Indian reservation. He said they were horses, now trust me I've seen horses mules donkeys zebras aplenty but these animals were different ,they had long ears but weren't donkeys or mules, they the dun line back color with stripes on the legs that would be expected of wild horses. Donkeys do not come in this color donkeys and mules have the white stomachs and points . The longer I observed them the more I thought they aren't horses, my Boss would say go get those horses and I would say are you sure they're horses? I don't think they are, he said they were horses for sure that was his story and he was sticking to it. My thought at the time was and still is that they may have been a relic of the original horse of the Americas

anyway I guess I'm just saying don't ever think you know the whole story the history of life on Earth is more mysterious and varied than any of us can guess and scientists and biologists are wrong all the time

did you know we know almost nothing about how our domestic livestock became domestic?

everybody should take a deep breath, and deny ignorance

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

I do like Jane Velez-Mitchell, she seems to love children and animals. Somebody has to !
PS I have Morning Glories in my back yard, and on my leg! Love em.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper
Evolution is the change in the gene frequency of a population.

Man-introduced invasive species have caused a great amount of damage to wild life. It's not something to be taken lightly and just say "Oh, let nature take it's course." A single invasive species can disrupt an entire ecosystem.

That may be, but didn't mother nature create man through evolution? At what point do you feel she lost control? Did she lose it at all, or are we, and our invasive species just part of the bigger design? Not to mention, species can invade other ecosystems without the help of mankind, it's happened before. So, I'm not convinced that it's not meant to be, for whatever reasons.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by 27jd]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yes, species do migrate, but that doesn't make introducing non-native species alright or okay.

Man-introduced invasive species are one of the biggest threats to wildlife and ecosystems in the world. There are many examples of this, including the introduction of the Nile Perch into Lake Victoria, rabbits in Australia, cats and rats on island habitats, the brown tree snake in Guam, etc. All responsible for devastating wildlife populations.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper
Nile Perch into Lake Victoria, rabbits in Australia, cats and rats on island habitats, the brown tree snake in Guam, etc. All responsible for devastating wildlife populations.

You forgot the most devastating of them all ......... man onto Earth.

I'll suffer being yelled at for a one-liner.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join