It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM tells the truth about the well casing and discusses Nuclear Option

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
He even says the relief wells are a "Sham."

Hard to believe someone is telling the truth on CNBC.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Well, I'm not surprised really. I mean, how easy is it to forget that people in the MSM are in fact people? Some of them even have a conscience!! I know its a crazy thought but it is most likely true.

Thanks for bringing this up. I guess they are going to go through with the blast then if the relief wells don't work? (which apparently is an inevitability).

[edit on 13-7-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

There's a great deal of subterfuge about the wellhead pressure. When BP expresses this in such a wide range it raises a red flag. You see, they know, withing a close range, the rate of flow. Based on the pressure at depth, the psi should be easily discernable with a simple calculation.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Could there actually be another reason for nuking it?
Could a nuclear explosion be an artifical method for causing diamonds to form by rapidly bringing up magma from the fissures along the fault line?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Well they already have more diamonds than they 'want.'

There are so many diamonds already that if they were all released in the wild the value of the diamonds would go waaaaay down. De Beers just controls all the production and hordes them all to keep the supply low.

The last thing they would want is to gives themselves the headache of having to tightly control another source of diamonds I would think.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

You know it always bothers me when "the truth" is told by something which only ever releases controlled information as part of a greater agenda.

It reminds me of the saying by Oscar Wilde: "Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Matt Simmons is at best a banker and at worst a journalist and has no clue what he is talking about. As long as ya'll keep quoting I'm going to keep rebutting. As I would bet that I'm the only one on ATS that has actual working knowledge of drilling oil and gas wells. It is not necessary to have casing for the bottom kill from the relief wells to work.

The MSM is only happy when the story line by self proclaimed experts creates mass hysteria.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The guy manages to turn it into an ANTI IRAN NUKE thing. which seems to be every second thing said in the MSN.
Not saying the Russians have already nuked 5 wells
which is nukes- for -a- peaceful -purpose, and not noting hey Iran has oil and may one day have to nuke a runaway super deep blow out, it kinda gives this away as subtle war propaganda to me...

IMHO.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjack
Matt Simmons is at best a banker and at worst a journalist and has no clue what he is talking about. As long as ya'll keep quoting I'm going to keep rebutting. As I would bet that I'm the only one on ATS that has actual working knowledge of drilling oil and gas wells. It is not necessary to have casing for the bottom kill from the relief wells to work.

The MSM is only happy when the story line by self proclaimed experts creates mass hysteria.

Don't want to burst yer bubble but I spent five long yrs working on and off platform Irene on the left coast as well as rigs in the Coalinga fields and the Santa Maria valley And you are right when you say a bottom kill doesn't depend on casing integrity, it depends on the permeability and stability of the cap rock. Now seems if you'ld have been the "only" person with drilling knowledge first hand you would have caught that the crappy brittle granitic cap is fracked all to hell, and has been since before anyone began drilling. Hell I thought there were some thinking men around here and no one even questions why there is the largest deposit of hydrocarbon in one of the younger geological areas. An area that is know to have been blown to hell only 65mil yrs ago but it has all this damn hydrocarbon and so damn deep.
What no one is putting together is it was a small comet which embedded itself in the crust of the gulf and it is a hodgepodge of brittle granite, methane and abiotic hydrocarbons. It is some of the youngest and most fragile piece of crust on the planet.
Now what this means for a bottom kill is if there is enough pressure no one can pump mud and concrete over the top of the flow and fill the voids.Or if they can the voids that have opened may be too large to fill and seal the crap strata that is likely the origin of the problem to begin with.
If you have done drillling you know how antsy the driller gets when they go through more mud than planned filling a pocket downhole.
So yeah just sayin' let's not get too self assured as the geology is already posted and it fully supports everything I just said except cometary impact, one roughneck to another,eh?
N.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Relax, it's just a black smoker. No oil spill. Just more illusion and lies brought to you by the creepy bastards running this world.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjack

Just like a large portion of ATSers.

and i second this line.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

S & F's I love it when someone post's a perfectly understandable and reasonable answer to all these crazy question's, and it make's complete sense, kinda retores your faith a little, thanks and someone's paying attention...

[edit on 13-7-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

It is NOT a black smoker! they are strictly hydrothermal features this is most accurately described as a geothermal hydrocarbon vent, the largest ever observed.
Definitely worthy of concern considering how big the area feeding it is and the estimates of the amount of gas contained there in.
N.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Question: Does anyone know the depth underground at which the original well is damaged?

Could examining the pipes blown upward into the BOP help answer this question? I have heard that the pipes get narrower as they go down, so perhaps a simple measurement could be helpful.

I would assume that the relief wells could still work if they intersect the original well casing below the part of the original casing that is damaged.

I doubt, however, that BP really wants to permanently plug the well, either by relief well or by explosive devise. A permanent solution would mean no more oil to be recovered-- and no more oil to be sold. They certainly won't get another chance to drill a producing well in this vast deposit. They would simply be left with a huge loss and no income to offset it.

I suspect that BP has put every effort into making the new top hat collection device as effective as possible. This would be THEIR most desirable solution, as they can continue to collect-- and sell-- a large percentage of the well output. If the cameras don't show the top hat leaking, people will simply let the oil collection go on and on, as the "only viable solution." So I expect to hear an excuse in the near future as to why the relief wells can't, or won't, be attempted.

One other question: The new top hat is designed with a quick release connection to the surface, so if seriously bad weather moves in the collection ships can move out. If this happens, will the well just be allowed to spew? Or will it be shut down with valves on the uplink pipes, creating back pressure on the well? Back pressure would of course increase the chance of some new blow-out occurring.

top topics

join