It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. eavesdropping agency says Private Citizen is purely R&D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

U.S. eavesdropping agency says Private Citizen is purely R&D

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – A contract has been awarded for research to help counter computer-based threats to national-security networks, the chief U.S. code-cracking and eavesdropping agency said, amid mounting concern over cyber vulnerabilities.

The program, dubbed Perfect Citizen, is "purely a vulnerabilities-assessment and capabilities-development contract," Judith Emmel, a National Security Agency spokeswoman, said in an email to Reuters.

"This is a research and engineering effort," she said. "There is no monitoring activity involved, and no sensors are employed in this endeavor."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Corrected title and quote. Please review the format for posting B.A.N. articles.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I do belived that 1984 has made a public appearance. I dont usually do the knee jerk reaction to news of this sort, but to see it broadcast as openly as this has been, but perhaps TPTB believe that we are so numb from the day to day idiocy's of the federal goverment that we will cast a blind eye to this...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Everyone is saying the same thing and the dam will break

i often embed vids but i realy recommend you watch this one.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Good grief!! Why would they call the project "Perfect Citizen". That's just asking for controversy.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
So you are supprised to be under the 'All Seeing Eye' yet you've been warned for over two hundred years? Or did you really believe the eye over the pyramid was God?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Double post... ma bad

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Dark elf.. I would appreciate if you did not insulty me like that... I am 36.. I know I partied allot in College.. But I sure do not look 200 yrs old

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Thanks, now I have to clean the tea I blew through my nose from my monitor.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
When all else fails, Light of the gods is at your service! Oh (sarcasm) I am so glad they got another contract. . .I was beginning to worry about Raytheon.

top topics

join