It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Theory for Artificial Intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think A.I. will never be achieved if we depend on computation and processing power alone.

I think the human mind is a collective probability wave of infinite possibility and when we make a choice the wave decoheres into one state that we perceive as reality.

I think we have to incorporate this into A.I.

The way you do this is with a hive computer mind.

All robots would be connected to this hive mind. The robots would have access to this hive mind of information but they would have to discover this information one bit at a time. This would give the robots a level of uncertainty.

We would then be able to control these robots because we control the information that goes into the hive mind.

The one problem would be if we built a robot that could process information faster than the human brain. This robot would be able to process information from the hive mind and build his own ideas that could be harmful to humans.

So we would have to control how the robots process this information from the hive mind.

So these robots would have access to the information in the hive mind through a probability algorithm but they will only be able to choose one bit of information from the probability algorithm at a time.

So if one of these robots walked up to 2 stores. The probability algorithm will present the robot with two possibilities but the robot will be designed to choose one bit of information at a time and the robot would choose to go into one store or the other.

We could control this if we limit the processing power of the robots and limit the information we upload into the hive mind.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

All robots would be connected to this hive mind. The robots would have access to this hive mind of information but they would have to discover this information one bit at a time. This would give the robots a level of uncertainty.

We would then be able to control these robots because we control the information that goes into the hive mind.

Sounds like your describing our reality? The robots (us) would have to discover the information (science) one bit at a time (physical change/time).

God/Aliens controls the information that goes into the hive mind.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Exactly,

We have access to our collective probability wave and this is where you get science fiction and future technologies written about in scientific journal.

We can only process this information one bit at a time so it takes us awhile to get there.

This would work in the same way with the robots. So they have to learn the information in the hive mind. They will have access to this information through the probability algorithm but they will only be able to process a bit of information at a time.

See, we act as if humans are learning something new but we're not. We're just processing the information from our probability wave. The probability wave contains every configuration of matter. We don't have full access to this wave because of decoherence. So we learn this information over time.

If we do the same thing with robots and control their processing power then you would have A.I. Without a probability algorithm, you will just get robots that will never learn in the way humans do. You have to give them a level of uncertainty.

new topics

join