It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Spend $400/gal on Gas in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Funding Corruption and Waste in Afghanistan

from Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk, July 12, 2010:

Last week, GOP chairman Michael Steele came under fire for daring to say what a lot of Americans already know – that our involvement in Afghanistan is an ill-advised quagmire with no end in sight. After nearly 10 years and approaching $1 trillion spent, the conflict is going nowhere because there is nowhere for it to go. After all, if victory is never really defined, defeat is inevitable.

With our economy at home in serious trouble, this wasteful occupation is something we clearly cannot afford. Each soldier costs us $1 million per year, and yet most in Washington are only considering how many more soldiers to send. Fuel costs an astonishing $400 per gallon for our military in Afghanistan! Yet somehow, many politicians feel it is acceptable to squeeze this money out of our taxpayers, who are truly struggling economically, to fund this non-war. Our economy here is not showing any real signs of improvement. Official unemployment is pushing 10% and getting worse. (Real unemployment is over 20%, according to the free-market economists.) The growing debt and inflation used to fund this occupation only dooms us to more economic hardship for a long time to come. And - for what?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Great thread. $400 per gallon to rob trillions in lithium and other resources.

The citizens of The United Corporations called America should be ashamed at what they have allowed.

I know that I am and I apolgize to children almost everyday.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Let me guess is it haliburton that is supplying the gas to afganistan.

this is a total joke and the deal is the american tax payers foot the bill and that money goes stright into the hands of the zionists.

You are paying for your own enslavement

Realy i'm starting to think americans have no balls because they would not get that $hit past even the sheep here in the UK.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is my own opinion on how the U.S operates.

The U.S is the grand owner of capital. They want to own the resources and the means to producing anything. Even if they gain control of all these resources which who knows if they will, they will lease them out or repay debt with them.

All of that to keep governments of other countries working citizens at their slave rates.

This will keep other countries producing, and us consuming.

After all, we technically do not even need these resources in our name, as long as some other entity pays us off for them through cheap oil or favored trade interests.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The real story if anyone could get to it... is:

One method "Black Budget" funding is generated is through overcharging/kickback schemes. What weapons are they building with all that extra money going into the black budget ?

[edit on 13-7-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think they are buying it from BP still, so not only is BP ruining the GOM but they are also charging the Pentagon $400 per gallon

BP supplying gas to Pentagon

top topics

join