It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even The Troops Are Waking Up .....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

I got the impression that the Constitution was trampled on since Bush snr took over as Commander n chief!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
A lot of people who join the military are people from poor (and sometimes even not so poor) families who want to kill other people, or inflict harm or violence on others. Immature 18 year olds pent up with anger. Another lot of them are people who aren't from wealthy families but want a wealthy life that they feel can come from higher education. Military service helps pay for that education.

Those are the only two types of people I've ever personally known who have joined the military. Granted, I'm in my late twenties and have not been exposed to half the people I may be exposed to in the next 20 years, but I see that as an indication of something.

The military promises wealth in exchange for the murder of others. The love of money is the root of all evil.

On a side note: Isn't paying someone to kill someone else a crime?

Food for thought.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

You would have a good theory except one little thing.

The military pays crap and anyone with a computer can see that.

For the most part people know exactly what they are getting into when they sign the dotted line. The only ones who get a major culture shock are the sniveling little pricks like the one the OP graced this site with.

And honestly you really don't have a clue what the military is made up of. You probably had a friend or two join and base your theory on that. I would be shocked if you lived anywhere other than your home state.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Tinkertrain

The military doesn't pay as much as a corporate executive job, but it pays more than a 'starter' job at a grocery store. Coupled with the fact that it usually pays room and board, it actually allows people to buy a lot of things like cars, clothes, and electronics. It also pays for college. It also is ALWAYS hiring. And at this point, hiring people to kill other people. That was my point.

And though it doesn't matter and I don't like revealing personal information online: I have lived in more than one state, knew more than two people who have joined the military, many more who wanted to, and at one point lived next to a major naval base for many years. Personal experience is personal experience.

You seem pro-military. I'm anti. Pro-military and anti-military viewpoints will never agree, because we're both indoctrinated to some degree as far as what we believe, and when a person is indoctrinated to the degree that they take up a pro or anti stance on something, arguing can rarely change their beliefs as successfully as personal experience can. We're all entitled to our opinions and to voice them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join