It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even The Troops Are Waking Up .....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I Demonstrated against the Vietnam war an the 2 Wars that are on going now, its good to see this young Man speak his mind because all wars are about Money an Power thats it, yea never see to many Politicians fighting on the front line of there making there to busy making Bread for the Military Industrial Corporations! PS I hope somebody's watching his back!

[edit on 13-7-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Ummm...they've been "waking up." The Veterans Against Iraq War have been around a very long time now. They do some very good work.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Ummm...they've been "waking up." The Veterans Against Iraq War have been around a very long time now. They do some very good work.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by ~Lucidity]

Some the great work the Iraq Veterans Against War continue to do around the USA.

More of their great work can be found all over the internet.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
That's odd. The United States ended partial conscription (aka "the draft") in 1973 ... nobody is forcing them to join the military. If they signed that line without realizing they could be sent to war against their wishes then woe be to them. What was it that these idiots think the military does?

If you don't want to fight a war then don't join

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I agree with Chris here...these people are not drafted...and most signed up with the intention of going to play in the sand...this is not a new war.

Its like going to play poker, losing at it, then demanding we not play poker and poker is wrong...
-sighs-

Sucks that we take more seriously a former soldier that went over there on purpose and now decries the war verses someone whom didn't go and decries the war.

But then we wonder why kids never listen to authorities, but instead learn through experience...because we as a nation do not reward intelligence, we reward experience...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

A lot of people were either 1.) in the military when the whole insanity kicked up or 2.) joined under one set of ideals and soon saw the reality.

Sure some signed up to go play in the sand and kill ragheads, but even some of them are having a rude awakening.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Almost everyone I run into is awake or in the process of awakening.
Military, police and other are waking up & this is just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

When you're burning a flag, you're as bad as obama, the UN and the rest of them.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf

When you're burning a flag, you're as bad as obama, the UN and the rest of them.

Dont lecture me man im a Bohemian Artist an ill Design a Flag for any Country but dont expect me to have any tears in my eye as the piece of Cotton with Colours on it goes up the Pole, my motto,, "be on the Earth but not off it" PS cant stand National Anthem's ether..

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE

Originally posted by astrogolf

Dont lecture me man im a Bohemian Artist an ill Design a Flag for any Country but dont expect me to have any tears in my eye as the piece of Cotton with Colours on it goes up the Pole, my motto,, "be on the Earth but not off it" PS cant stand National Anthem's ether..

Can I recommend a destination that feels and shares your belief? I would suggest Iran or N. Korea. Also one thing is they do not fully authorize the bohemian lifestyle, so most likely you would probably end up in a prison if you were trying to enjoy any types of freedoms you presently enjoy in the USA.

BTW, those freedoms you do enjoy in the USA are there because of that flag you mock and those brave men & women in uniform/not-in-uniform have shed their blood to fly freely. I am not born of American Soil, but I do take pride in our US flag.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Were did you get the idea i come from the USA? And im not just mocking 1 flag in particular im having a go at all flags!

[edit on 13-7-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

When did Obama and the UN burn our flag? I can't seem to find that link. Was it something that they did at a UN meeting together or maybe when you lived on multiverse #325.2.46B?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Were did you get the idea i come from the USA? And im not just mocking 1 flag in particular im having a go at all flags!

My fault, because of your rants I thought you were from the United States.

Then since your not from the USA, you fully understand the freedoms & lifestyle we enjoy because of the braves who fell protecting that for us.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I have absolutely no problem with anyone burning my country's flag, or any other for that matter. Flags are useless little pieces of cotton that mean absolutely nothing.

It's time we stop representing countries with silly imaginary lines and instead start representing the earth as a whole.

The only thing countries and their flags do is dividing the people.

Sure, you can be proud of your flag. A lot of people have died for their countries and they deserve respect. But, countries are leftovers from the past. No one can claim any part of the earth as theirs. We need to move forward, instead of hanging on the past.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Lets get 1 thing strait man, im not ranting, an a other thing the USA a free country? give me a brake its on the verge of marshal law youv got troops on the streets, 9-11 was an inside job, an your country was the only country on the planet that dropped 2 nukes on your fellow human beings an now because you havent learned a thing your threatening to do it again with Iran !

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonko

My thoughts entirely

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Even The Troops Are Waking Up .....

That is an understatement. But even if the troops are awake, the pacifists are still passing their fists onto a newer troop wanna be, if they are not addressing the true causes and effects.

what good is one awakened troop, when those conditioned to pass their fists (and their fights) onto future generations just identify the fist and just pass a fist, pacifist?

The troops waking up? i think this statement is an understatement not meant to be understood by those who pretend to know what war is while dependent upon the same system that feeds them what they know about war.

i spent 11+ years as a militant Firefighter/EMT in the usaf.
i spent 3+ years as a firefighter/EMT in warzones.

people are addicted to things that make the concept of no war not too possible, while ignoring those addictions, denying that they have those addictions, and pointing the fingers at others for their addictions, it would seem.

want peace?
divorce all control measures.

want freedom?

want love?

Who makes the rules?

Rulers make the rules.

Who follows the rules?

Followers follow the rules.

What do conditioned followers know about rulers and rules anyways?

what sheeple in this thread can tell me the number of existing laws and then justify why they pay more rulers to make more laws when they cannot learn the number of laws that exist already within one lifetime.

anyone who supports such a system has already demonstrated a mistrust and hate of children, or why put their children through such an ordeal?

??? Freedom =
it's like sitting a bunch of 3 month olds down to play monopoly and slapping them in the face every time they break a rule.
*Well, maybe not a fair comparison since our tax dollars are used for far more than just slapping children in the face in warzones.
too bad that isn't covered by mainstream journalistic marshal law enforcers who spout off what it is you need to hear according to their agenda.

these are some of my thoughts on this particular subject, but their are pieces to this puzzle that extend beyond the boundries of any one forum's guidelines here on ATS. And for every piece of the puzzle, there seem to be more than one member willing to argue that the piece of the puzzle doesn't even exist.

there is more going on than what we are led to believe or know about.

these are some of my thoughts,
ET

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

If this were a perfect world people would only join the military to fight for the country and beer would flow out of every faucet.

Unfortunately, it isn't and we have to accept reality.

The military markets itself to young people as a way to earn an education and a better life, not as a way to kill foreigners legally.

When septic companies hire they don't tout the fact that you will be working with feces, it's just a given. But they will surely charm prospective employees with the excellent insurance benefits, salary, 401k, etc. they have to offer.

When it comes time to actually get dirty, reality sinks in.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
i think the usa should adopt the pirate flag- more true to our nature.
"full spectrum dominance" we'll give them all a broadsides of bunker busters
or my country isn't tis of thee.!

[edit on 13-7-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Dont get me wrong i love North America i just dont like the Cats in charge from the Top down! an to think when i was a Kid i thought the Cowboys were the Good Guys an the Armed forces were full of John Wayne an Steeve MC Queen types how wrong can yea be!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join