It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think would happen if Aliens made themselves known to us and made full contact?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
this is of course the most asked question ever...about once a week for at least as long as I have been coming to ATS, there is a similar thread...but still fun to answer anyhow...sort of like a weekly mindset check.

It depends on what form they come...

if its a overwhelming presence like in independence day with massive motherships over every major city...there would be understandable panic....

If it was a few small ships over a couple key places on the world....it would be seen as profoundly interesting for most.

Then we got a issue with the shape of what may come out of the ship...if it is a fairly simple humanoid type being, we would be more at ease...but if it was some sort of large slimy tentical monster...that would cause a bit of nervousness

Finally, how the aftereffect is handled by the governments is how we as a people will be programmed to react...it would be wise for governments to give partial disclosure (we have been studying this for years to see what threat they pose...theres tons of conspiracy theories out there, some true, some not, but ultimately we are not suprised by them...everythings fine, and over the years we will be releasing what we know of these people)...this would pacify the population.

Of course there would be some initial riots and grump going down by extreme religious factions, but that would quiet down after some time when the world didn't end...then it would be just another day after awhile.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
if the government coordinated with ET in a controlled disclosure, then everything would continue as it is now, although, y'all would get some new technologies. The people would be "happy" (sort of), and the governments still in control.

I think ultimately if many of these disclosure junkies are correct, thats sort of been whats going on for like the last 50 years, give or take...a slow multigenerational disclosure through leaks, "findings", etc...what took a few years to cover up now may take 100 years to uncover

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

lol Zabby, I agree. I think they aready know we're not much of a threat anymore! I think the SANDF will through down there guns and run! We just show them our oudated millitary aircraft, they'll laugh and leave us alone!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ship lands on white house lawn

The secret service shoots first and asks questions later. It's their job. The alien is killed

Two dozen tourists on vacation and trying to get a picture of uncle Bob in front of the white house, film and photograph the entire thing.

Moments later the videos hit you tube and the world is in on it.

TV news media jumps on the story with claims of "Aliens in the White House"

ATS members delude the threads with news reports and you tube videos.

Obama makes an unprecedented televised announcement. Stating that this information is an outward and unprecedented attack created by the Christian right, white, racists republicans and assures the public that this unprecedented hoax was started by George W. Bush

TV media begins to "unravel" the story. CNN says that the alien was actually a disgruntled IRS employee with a rebel flag in his garage and a copy of Catcher in the wry.

Fox news reports that a christian cult who believe that a giant pug lives on the dark side of the moon, plotted to kill the president

Weeks later the atheists are blaming the Christians. The democrats are blaming the republicans, the news is blaming a single disgruntled IRS employee. the people of America are blaming the government. The government is blaming the militias, radicals who support the constitution, and George W. Bush.

ATS has a thousand threads where people are arguing that their view of what happened is the only true "Proof" and everyone else is wrong.

The head of the galactic council, who sent the emissary, decide that there is no intelligent life down here . A planetary G18-186 photon nuclear molecular Achme atomizer is dropped and we Earthlings never know what hit us.

But that's just my theory.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

There would be rioting in the streets!

Of course there would be rioting in the streets. That's the understatement of the year.

Want proof...

If the Lakers lose the NBA finals.... they'll riot in the streets.
If the Lakers win the NBA finals... (which they did)... they'll riot in the streets (which they did).

Of course there would be rioting in the streets.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
1st FEAR and DISBELIEF
2nd CAUTION and SURVIVAL INSTINCT KICKS IN
3rd QUESTIONING then PREPARDNESS
4th EXCEPTENCE or REJECTION
5th PEACE or WAR

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesignmaster

There would be rioting in the streets!

Of course there would be rioting in the streets. That's the understatement of the year.

Want proof...

If the Lakers lose the NBA finals.... they'll riot in the streets.
If the Lakers win the NBA finals... (which they did)... they'll riot in the streets (which they did).

Of course there would be rioting in the streets.

I just have to say this, given that you understood so well ...

When the Lakers win, there is not any rioting, just a frw fans expressing themselves. When the Lakers loose, there is still no rioting, just a few fans expressing their dissapointment.

When the people loose confidance in the governmane, and feel they have be lied to and exploited ... then you have rioting in the streets. Not just a few fans, but nearly everyone.

This is something that you and your government should fear! This level of event could potentially distroy much of Human culture, and set you back hundreds of years. And, even worse ... there is nothing to stop ET from executing such a "wild card" disclosure.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by AnthraAndromda]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zabby
reply to post by zroth

Would they be peace-fully held?
or we talking guns to head held?

Good question. We aren't really be held peacefully today, so I imagine it will be a hostile stand by the PTB to keep their stronghold.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Heres a one for you all if i may? I was going to start a thread asking for info but thought i may as well put it here.
Last night i had a wierd dream about this device i had that stopped pests getting in the garden? Yeah wierd, but the thing is it was based on a certain frequency to repel them. Which got me thinking.
Would we today have the capability to repel ET`s away from Earth using the likes of HAARP or similar massive multi billion $ projects?
Thats a genuine question too because if that was possible then who would be set to gain fron keeping the public in the dark?

Im asking also because i think if im right then we have ourselves a forcefield as such? Would you agree? Prison planet?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

Wow I think you've got it worked out pretty well haha
Altenerativly Aliens land on the White House blow the whole place up and it get's blamed on terrorists, the world go's to war with the Middle East and the Aliens lookd down thinking wow what a waste of a planet.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by madleo

several of them already realize the implications, believe in the possibility of extra-terrestrial life, but stay on the skeptical side for several reasons, foremost of which is that it's a socially comfortable position to have. i'm thinking they don't really care if they're wrong because how's it gonna hurt them if they are? whereas being negatively skeptical about it, has given them a position from which they can feel superior to believers and ridicule them at will, herd mentality most likely. i don't think they'll be any more shocked than anyone else, if and when there is full disclosure, unless the skeptic in question is truly skeptical and not just doing so for the ego boost.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I can only speak for myself if I had an encounter. As for the Govts. of the world I have lost all faith in them - they would most likely point their missles at them. As for myself I would be observant of their intent, their body language and what their communication were with me - I would react accordingly. If they hurt me I would be scared beyond belief - if they were peaceful I would be overjoyed - I would want to go with them.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

It's definitely a theory. Who knows. We don't have any actual evidence of it, haha. But I suppose anything is possible.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

I know that your post probably shouldn't have made me happy, but it did.

But you are right about the 'shoot first, ask questions later' part. I would be very skeptical of a secret service agent not shooting a strange aircraft landing on the white house lawn.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I see it like this- the alien visitors are likely with either military or nasa(ish) type of program and so would like to conduct contact with likewise. Once that is established and disclosure is made it will have to be made clear by our own governments and churches that messing with them is against the law (extend laws to people, not just humans?). Because as we all know what the world powers want, they usually get. What kind of mass hysteria would be caused exactly? Oh no! the giant squid was real!!! Everyone run for your lives!!!!!!

Its introducing common Humanzees to the Common Aliens... Like on that V show, except cooler Id assume.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

Glad I could induce a smile. A day is wasted without one.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I really don't think they would bother with landing on the White House lawn or anywhere else for that matter just to announce their presence.

I mean let's just face reality.

Personally, I am convinced we have been visited for at least thousands of years and perhaps even longer than that. Who can really say what impact the visitors (if in fact they are just visitors) have had on our evolution and genetics? You can say I am gullible (is that spelled right?) if you like, but you can't discredit what I have personally witnessed over a 30-year government career.

If they did decide to make full contact with such an aggressive and inferior race, I seriously doubt that politics would be on top of their agenda. Politicians are like money. They only have value if the people remain confident in their usefulness. I don't think ET places any stock in politicians, especially if they have been reading their own research notes.

When it comes to ET, you should believe me when I say the shadow government of CIA and military are in full control.

IMHO

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
They could have already made contact, yet because they are so alien to us we didn't even notice....It's all nice and dandy to ponder about, but the simple fact is that it is extremely unlikely aliens have visited earth, never mind in the tiny amount of time humans have been around. But even if they have, we are looking at the scenario from a human mindset...which is all we can do really, if every grain of sand in the world was an opinion on how aliens think and perceive, they would all still be completely and utterly wrong imo.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Maybe I'm horribly boring, but I personally think it would be a big thing for a new york minute and within a week they would just be another ethnic minority group with their own selection of fast food outlets and clothing styles.

They probably have no use for our planet, after the initial technology exchange we would have no use for them other than the use we have for any number of other persons ... I honestly think it would be a massive non-event kind of like a pro-wrestling match.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Peaceful ETs would avoid us like the plague.

War-minded aliens would take us out quickly and efficiently.

Manipulative aliens would set up shop and make slaves of us.

David Icke and others believe the 3rd scenario has already happened.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join